Johnny Football knows what's up

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yep. Scouts would be saying the same things about Manziel that they did about Wilson when he was drafted. Except Russell changed everything.

Guardian

Reaction score
Saying he can succeed because Russell succeeded is crap. They're physically similarish, but complete opposites mentally. Wilson succeeds because he prepares like Peyton. If Manziel wants to do well in the NFL, he'll need to work harder. I still see a bust.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah except the only criticized thing about RW from the draft was his height.

Johnny Football has other factors going against him, from what I'm hearing he's lacking work ethic, and already has had negative publicity regarding image. If you're drafting him #1, he's your franchise QB, lacking work ethic, and creating media distractions are two things I could do without from my potential franchise QB.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I may be forced to eat these words someday but I don't see this dude making much of an impact on the NFL. Yea, I know many said that about OUR guy, but the two are almost NOTHING alike.

theascension

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3d4j0n4l said:
Johnny football will be more like Ryan Leaf than RW.
Exactly what I've thought based on what I've read of him. Lack of work ethic = good luck even getting a game manager out of him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I actually think Manziel will do well. If he goes to the Texans I'm having him in my Fantasy League team.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Manziel is like an even douchier Tom Brady, and I mean that as a compliment. He also can make plays in and outside of the pocket. If he goes to the right coach that can deal with him, he'll be fine. He needs to go to Houston, STL, Jacksonville, Arizona (if he drops because I can see him making a precipitous drop), not Oakland or Cleveland.

If he does drop out of the top five, he will probably develop a high-level work ethic just to kill everyone that passed on him.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I doubt Manziel goes in the first round. Besides height, he hardly compares to Russel Wilson. Wilson has a 6-3 wingspan, a high release, and plays with poise. Johnny plays sandlot ball. He's an exciting football player that makes plays, but I don't see it translating to a 1st round pick.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
45Hawker":1843z1z6 said:
I doubt Manziel goes in the first round. Besides height, he hardly compares to Russel Wilson. Wilson has a 6-3 wingspan, a high release, and plays with poise. Johnny plays sandlot ball. He's an exciting football player that makes plays, but I don't see it translating to a 1st round pick.

You think we can get him at 32 then?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2jqsd3y1 said:
45Hawker":2jqsd3y1 said:

You think we can get him at 32 then?

Na, screw that, too small to play qb in this league.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think we should be very careful about calling people out for their attitude when we get very defensive when others question that about our players based on hearsay and the media.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I could care less about his work ethic. That can change along with maturity. I'd be much more concerned about Manziel's decision making, which for many QBs along with throwing mechanics seems to one of the harder things to improve. RW never got his college teams in trouble with his decisions. Can't come close to saying that about Johnny. He will go in round 1 though- high.

drdiags

Reaction score
I hope the guy kicks butt in the NFL. Just like any of the hopefuls out there trying to make it in the league. Could he become a threat to my wish for total world domination? Maybe, but no need for me to throw on the hater hat just yet. (just kidding you lugs).

I am sure Saints fans hated hearing Seahawks fans trying to compare Wilson to Brees. I can see Seahawks fans not wanting anyone compared to their unique player. We are very protective of Wilson around these parts. I understand. But with that big old Superbowl win, the others aren't a threat to tarnish his greatness anymore. I say good luck to them all.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If he gets a coaching staff that's willing and able to work with him while reining him in and getting him to focus he can be a really good QB. If he goes to a team that lets him do what he wants, like Washington is doing with RGIII, then he'll flame out.

Latest posts