We Can't Play SF Opening Night

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
droop828":1ycvkpxg said:
It's our turn to go there first next season.
Doesn't always happen that way. If the NFL and the networks decide it would benefit them to have SF here the first game they will do it. Though I doubt the NFL Wants SF to start the season 0-1.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So it will be us against.........Miami? Because it wont matter???

Smirk....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would love to play the cow patties the first game. We might put a 50 burger on that pathetic defense.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
We played @ STL and @ ARI first this year, and did the same in 2012.

There's no rule that puts us in San Fran first next season.

Knowing they'll get a huge pull for this game whoever we play, I suspect they'll save the 49ers game for later in the year and make both prime time.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So it will be us against.........Miami? Because it wont matter???

Smirk....

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I keep seeing people say this and I don't understand why. We played them in SF first and Seattle second in both 2011 and 2012. There's no pattern here.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Umm why would the NFL be in favor of SF not starting of 0-1 because of us?Its not how you start but how you finish the season..I would think the NFL wants the best matchup to kickoff the season/tv also..So it's either Den/NO or SF in Seattle...I want the niners myself...

etanate

Reaction score
I don't think it will be SF just because they are opening a new stadium, so I am sure they want their season opener to be a home game.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
etanate":35aa2hlk said:
I don't think it will be SF just because they are opening a new stadium, so I am sure they want their season opener to be a home game.

Their home opener will be week two.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm picking for us to open against the Packers.

Fail Mary re-match... Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacey vs one the best defenses of all time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If it can't be 49ers @ Seahawks to open, then I want Packers @ Seahawks.

I plan to take a shot every time I hear "Fail Mary". I may not make it to the start of the game.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want GB to start the season. Typically defenses start the season better. Take down GB before their offense gets in a great rythm. I can see them fighting us for the #1 seed this year.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Just to ditto other comments... It seemed for many years that we ended the season, or nearly so, playing the Rams at home. Happened over and over and over.

chris98251

Reaction score
49ers will get a lower ranked team to open their stadium I would bet, just the way thngs work. Start the history off on a good note etc. I would love to see the Cards or Rams there though. I don't want to be at their opening really, too much hype and dead time celebrating and reminising about Candlestick. Ruining the opening would be the only real benefit.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Since when do teams need to switch the order of home/road?

Last year we opened @ AZ, and this year we played @ AZ before they played here. . .

Same with the Rams...they've finished the season in seattle like the last 3 seasons.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2l6aarst said:
Umm why would the NFL be in favor of SF not starting of 0-1 because of us?Its not how you start but how you finish the season..I would think the NFL wants the best matchup to kickoff the season/tv also..So it's either Den/NO or SF in Seattle...I want the niners myself...

Considering the Saints aren't even on our schedule next year.. going to take a wild guess and say it won't be them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3mhgsg3l said:
First of all we don't play NOLA this season. The Choices are Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, Dallas, NYG. Denver Green Bay and some AFCW team not located in KCMO.Green Bay works best.