Super Bowl Ring for 12s

hawkpride

Reaction score
So I was talking with my wife last night about the team rings and thought how great it would be of the Hawks organization to give the 12s a ring. What I mean is a (very large) replica which was designed for all the 12s, and placed at the Clink. We all know how the entire Hawk org. has stated how important the 12s were to this seasons success. What do you think?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
What I would like to see is a mini version of the real Super Bowl ring available for purchase. I don't care if it's 10K gold or even stainless steel with fake stones everywhere -- if it's an official ring commissioned by the team and licensed by the NFL, I want one.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm all for it! Replica rings, an honorary ring displayed at the CLink...Whatever works!

drcool

Reaction score
I would love if they made 12 extra of the official player rings and gave them out lottery style to season ticket holders. Even just 12 of a different style made specifically for the fans would be awesome.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A replica ring using quartz or some other stone would go great with the coin I purchased at Walmart. I would even go by a replica chain to loop it in to hang it on the replica coin. Just not too interested in too much bling tho...I only have so much room to display it. LOL

dbmack

Reaction score
drcool":13w0wuci said:
I would love if they made 12 extra of the official player rings and gave them out lottery style to season ticket holders. Even just 12 of a different style made specifically for the fans would be awesome.
Why just STHs?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dbmack":xbtdrzfi said:
drcool":xbtdrzfi said:
Why just STHs?

Agreed. Not every fan has the means to be a season ticket holder whether it is due to cost or geography. One thing is for sure, it should be a lottery as suggested and not handed out to any of the more "visible" fans.

Osprey

Reaction score
Seanhawk":iignii2v said:
dbmack":iignii2v said:
drcool":iignii2v said:
Why just STHs?

Agreed. Not every fan has the means to be a season ticket holder whether it is due to cost or geography. One thing is for sure, it should be a lottery as suggested and not handed out to any of the more "visible" fans.

Another great marketing idea, someone needs to forward this to the Front Office. Imagine the ring award ceremony with 12 fans on the field, made for TV.

STH lottery makes sense (and no I'm not one) to ensure it goes to a true fan and not just some random schmo hoping to win and resell it. I'm sure some will resell anyway, but best to avoid all the shenanigans that would occur with an on-line lottery entry.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I work at staples center in Los Angeles and when the kings won the cup we all got replica rings ( along with season ticket holders)

OP
OP
hawkpride

hawkpride

Reaction score
When I was explaining my thoughts about a ring for the 12s to my wife my vision was like a 10 foot replica of the rings given to the players, except designated to the 12s. I see it placed in concrete in a area of the Clink where all fans would have access to it, touch it or take pictures with it. This would be a permanent display for all to enjoy.

Just my vision of it.

Riley12

Reaction score
kinesmajor":q84scs02 said:
I work at staples center in Los Angeles and when the kings won the cup we all got replica rings ( along with season ticket holders)

Uh oh. Could this thread inadvertently be the first....dah, dah, dah

Season Ticket Holder Gift Thread

of the offseason?!?!

Happy

Reaction score
I would love to buy a replica ring that was made for the 12s. That would be sweet! I would totally wear it on gameday and everything.

Why limit to season ticketholders? Consider guys like nycoug. dude lives in New York and went to every single game this season, including the playoffs and the super bowl. Guys like him are part of what makes the 12s so great.

dbmack

Reaction score
Osprey":11vus3vb said:
Seanhawk":11vus3vb said:
dbmack":11vus3vb said:
drcool":11vus3vb said:
Why just STHs?

Another great marketing idea, someone needs to forward this to the Front Office. Imagine the ring award ceremony with 12 fans on the field, made for TV.

STH lottery makes sense (and no I'm not one) to ensure it goes to a true fan and not just some random schmo hoping to win and resell it. I'm sure some will resell anyway, but best to avoid all the shenanigans that would occur with an on-line lottery entry.
Not all STHs are "true fans" so there would be shenanigans either way. Why not just make them available for anyone who wants to buy one?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Riley12":310r9shy said:
kinesmajor":310r9shy said:

Uh oh. Could this thread inadvertently be the first....dah, dah, dah

Season Ticket Holder Gift Thread

of the offseason?!?!

Being a season ticket holder I approve this message LOL

irocdave

Reaction score
I mentioned this last week, it would be cool if the Hawks had 1 ring made for #12 and put it next to the Lombardi in the case. Do this every time the Hawks win one.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
drcool":1nmjh6hb said:

I'd like them to make 20 extra rings

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
hawkpride":2zqesrse said:
When I was explaining my thoughts about a ring for the 12s to my wife my vision was like a 10 foot replica of the rings given to the players, except designated to the 12s. I see it placed in concrete in a area of the Clink where all fans would have access to it, touch it or take pictures with it. This would be a permanent display for all to enjoy.

Just my vision of it.

I get what you are saying but a 10 foot replica ring cemented? That would make it seem like we are satisfied with 1... And what happens when we win more? 10 feet per ring, plus viewing area? I think a Hawks history walk through museum at the clink with the Lombardi (or replica) would suffice.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":2dibxx63 said:
hawkpride":2dibxx63 said:

Just my vision of it.

I get what you are saying but a 10 foot replica ring cemented? That would make it seem like we are satisfied with 1... And what happens when we win more? 10 feet per ring, plus viewing area? I think a Hawks history walk through museum at the clink with the Lombardi (or replica) would suffice.

10 is not acceptable. It must be 12 or multiples of 12. :mrgreen: 12cm sounds about right to me, but a Lombardi on display will more than suffice.

Latest posts