Super Bowl Ticket Stubs?

main

Reaction score
Since I'm such a sports memorabilia fan, I wanted a actual Super Bowl XLVIII ticket stub. I just bought one on eBay $79 this morning. Unfortunately, it had a few minor wrinkles (nothing major) and was not in full mint condition. Did anyone else here purchase ticket stubs? If so, how much did you spend on it? Also, did you guys purchase a display case for it?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
No offense, if you didn't actually go. I'd just pick up one of those display cases with a replica ticket already inside of it. IMHO a ticket stub means a lot less if you didn't actually use it. That being said I'm having a difficult decision on what to do with mine. I'm actually making a Super Bowl scrap book. It would go perfectly in their, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind buying one of those nice display cases for it too. Maybe I make a color copy of it, put the copy in the scrap book and put the real one in the display case. Mine sadly is wrinkled and partially torn, but I had to keep it on my body at all times out of paranoia, I didn't want to risk having it get lost or stolen....

OP
OP
M

main

Reaction score
ZagHawk":rpfk2pdg said:
No offense, if you didn't actually go. I'd just pick up one of those display cases with a replica ticket already inside of it. IMHO a ticket stub means a lot less if you didn't actually use it. That being said I'm having a difficult decision on what to do with mine. I'm actually making a Super Bowl scrap book. It would go perfectly in their, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind buying one of those nice display cases for it too. Maybe I make a color copy of it, put the copy in the scrap book and put the real one in the display case. Mine sadly is wrinkled and partially torn, but I had to keep it on my body at all times out of paranoia, I didn't want to risk having it get lost or stolen....
For me, I wanted the ticket because it's something from their first SB win. It's kind of like purchasing an autographed game ball (authenticated by PSA/DNA). It still means something even though you were not the one that personally got it autographed by the player. But that's just me and my opinion. Everyone spends their money differently.

JonRud

Reaction score
Actually bottles of Miller Lite were going for $12.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
When I first got there, I bought a late-lunch Cheesesteak (came with free bag of chips..OOOOOOOO), a soda and a beer. Cost me I think $30+ because it was $12 for the beer, $16 for the Cheesesteak and I forgot how much the soda was maybe $6?

Then later I bought a hot chocolate in a cool thermos cup (wrapped in leather to look like a football) for $20.

Yeah that's all I bought for concessions. Starved the rest of the day until I got back to NYC at 2 AM to have late night food.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I had beer for 12, beer for 14, Whiskey for 14 each, burger, fries, hoagie and hot chocolate in a commemorative cup which they gave me for free. Yes, happiness and sorrow makes me drink and eat, that day was the happiest day in my life. BFS had a TShirt too saying the same thing, happiest day in my life

OP
OP
M

main

Reaction score
I'm so jealous you guys got to go. Since my son was just born a few months before the Super Bowl, we weren't able to go. I guess getting a ticket stub is the closest thing I'll get to being there. If Seattle makes it next year, I will totally be in Arizona.

I was grateful I was able to go to both playoff games this year! That 49ers game was epic! Too bad my ticket was a printout.. lol.