Question regarding PED accusations.

BamKam

Reaction score
I always hear other fans talk about how our team is "roided" up. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, but aren't the only 2 substances that our players have been suspended for in the past couple of years been marijuana and adderal? Or did Irvin test positive for something else at the beginning of the year?

kidhawk

Reaction score
BamKam":3jna6di2 said:
I always hear other fans talk about how our team is "roided" up. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, but aren't the only 2 substances that our players have been suspended for in the past couple of years been marijuana and adderal? Or did Irvin test positive for something else at the beginning of the year?

With PED suspensions, the league is forbidden from releasing the drug that was found in the system of the player. They can only say that it was a banned substance on the PED list. It's the players and player's reps who claim certain drugs are what caused it. There is no way to no the truth, so they could easily be making these statements to lessen the perception of what they have done. Of course they could be roided or they could be adderall, and we will never know one way or the other.

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ifc1a5g said:
BamKam":3ifc1a5g said:

With PED suspensions, the league is forbidden from releasing the drug that was found in the system of the player. They can only say that it was a banned substance on the PED list. It's the players and player's reps who claim certain drugs are what caused it. There is no way to no the truth, so they could easily be making these statements to lessen the perception of what they have done. Of course they could be roided or they could be adderall, and we will never know one way or the other.

Perfect! Thanks for the response!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Of the 6 linked to PED use.

4 were for "adderal" use.

Browner
Moffitt (had expired prescription, didn't get special exempt from league)
Irvin
And Sherman (who won his appeal)

Barbe I believe didn't disclose his banned substance, while...

Winston Guy said he took a banned substance from a over-the-counter supplement.

Either way I've done the math and the Carroll had about 150 players churn his rosters over the 4 years.

6/150 is a mere 4% of the players he's coached.

In 2013, only 1 player out of about 70 or 1.4% of the team had a PED incident, and that player passed over 180+ drug tests since May or so and his abuse never did impact the 2013 season unless its the negative result from missing valuable tuning and development time on the field. That's not cheating, other teams probably benefited from Irvin missing that time.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
I would feel completely comfortable saying steroid and hgh use is fairly common in the nfl, there's likely quite a few who started in hs. Are payers healing so much faster cause of medical advances or just cause hgh gave them a helping hand. Kind of odd guys like ap spend all off season rehabbing. ... yet don't look like they lost any speed or muscle.

Fun fact, when you can't weight lift you lose muscle. You can't lift the same when you don't have a knee to use.

Moral of the story: I take no offense to accusations because the people saying stuff probably has one of their favorite payers on their favorite team that took stuff to get where they are today.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
We need a few years of just being completely off the busted for ANY drug list, while maintaining the same level of production. It is what it is. Honestly the **** storm came with Irvin in the preseason, and then Thurmond and BB getting caught for Marijuana later. Although Thurmond and BBs were not PEDs, the fact is...the team was already under scrutiny in the 2012 season. Yet in the 2013 season apparently a few players still thought they were above the rules...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The funny thing is.. everyone points and laughs at the Seahawks and claims the whole team is on roids..

I'd wager 20-25% of the league is taking some form of HGH right now just because it's not really tested for.

lsheldon

Reaction score
None of those 5 are on Seattle's roster any more and BB's wasn't for PED's anyway. Technically, we're tied with Denver.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lsheldon":24lipkr1 said:
None of those 5 are on Seattle's roster any more and BB's wasn't for PED's anyway. Technically, we're tied with Denver.
Yes, BB's was...His first one. His current suspension is for substance abuse, and is not included in that ESPN article.

Latest posts