More Schadenfreude

JonRud

Reaction score
You can go to the Denver Sports radio station 104.3 'The Fan' on the web and go to 'On Demand' and listen to all their shows from the past week. I am working my way through the entire day of shows from Monday 2/3.

This is great listening!

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
The best I heard was some idiot caller who said the Seahawks played so well to get revenge for the old AFC West days. The host said something like 'Yeah I'm sure Richard Sherman really cares about the Seahawks/Broncos games from 15 years ago.'

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I don't know about any of the players, who are too young to remember those days, but I sure as hell got a thrill out of kicking Denver's ass in the Big Bowl. I still remember those rivalry days--Denver and Oakland.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I have nothing against the current Denver players or coaches, but I took great pleasure in the fact that we slaughtered a team that still very much includes Elway's smug azz. I also like watching Eli Manning going from standing and all pumped up for his brother to sitting the **** down! I really wish the cameras would have zoomed in on Elway throughout the entire game, as they did with Eli. :) .

Barthawk

Reaction score
Two consecutive games we beat my most disliked teams.. Denver hate has faded over the years but began to bubble over again during the prelude to the big game with all the Elway coverage.. he was such a major pain in our asses in the from 83-98.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this! I normally just enjoy looking at the 49ers forums occasionally because their fans are absolutely crazy and bipolar. But after the Super Bowl I have dabbled a little bit on Broncos forums just to see what they are saying, didn't check out any radio clips though until seeing this post.

I like this quote from: Fan Morning Show Hour 3 2/3/14

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Epis ... x?PID=2370

"Everybody has a permanent red hand mark on their BUTTS because that was a bare bottom SPANKING last night. THAT'S PAINFUL."

I must be a little sadistic when it comes to destroying other NFL fans and listening to their reactions. I really don't have anything against the Broncos at all (other than their blind faith and overconfidence, no respect for the Seahawks), yet I find this stuff really fun to listen to :)

Some other example quotes:

"There's only one reason this team lost... Seattle just kicked the crap out of this team... there's absolutely no physicality to this team, Seattle didn't do anything special... they just beat up the Broncos plain and simple."

"That's kinda what's so disappointing about this... was talking to Richard Sherman after the game, and I say come on you must have done SOMETHING right? You must have thrown SOME KIND of look at them RIGHT??? He's like NOPE. NOPE, we don't do anything like that. We keep it simple, we don't change anything, what you see is what you get. We just go out and beat ya."

"YEP, and THEY DID. Easily, EASILY!!! 43 to 8... are you kidding me? That's just SILLY!"

LargentFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. This will be good listening for the rest of the week.

One thing that bothers me...even the Denver people keep saying the Broncos didn't show up, didn't prepare, yadda yadda...

Denver is a fantastic team, but matchups are what it is all about. They are like a pair of scissors. The best pair of scissors in the world. No matter how well scissors prepares, rock wins every time.

We're rock...
A few other teams might be rock, but we're the best rock in the world.

two dog

Reaction score
Well I damn sure remember those old days and not so fondly either.
Except when John Kaysay kicked a last second FG, beat the Donks and
won a $100 bus pool for me.

The best part for me is that John Elway is still the big dog there and gets
to share in this azz kicking.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
Listening to KNBR stuff is better because the obvious bitterness can't be hidden no matter how much they try to pretend they're above it all. The attempts to denigrate the team and the 12s are like sweet music and make me smile from ear to ear.