Poll? On NFLN tonight.....

pmedic920

Reaction score
These results (in my eyes) contradict each other.
Your thoughts?

ymu3usat.jpg

u3y5e6yh.jpg

Seafan

Reaction score
I wouldn't want a 38 year old with 4 neck surgeries and $20 mil a year.

enamel

Reaction score
One question is about a single player in the short term. The other is about an entire team a year from now. I think both can be true. If we swapped Russell for Manning tomorrow our odds of repeating would go up, not down

OrFan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3iktewhs said:
Man are we lucky Peyton didn't step into that jet. Even though he's a bargain at 17 milllion a year.

I have been thinking the same thing over and over. I am so glad we never got the noodle arm scarecrow.

bellingerga

Reaction score
enamel":1fev72o2 said:
One question is about a single player in the short term. The other is about an entire team a year from now. I think both can be true. If we swapped Russell for Manning tomorrow our odds of repeating would go up, not down

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

Manning wouldn't survive 5 weeks behind our offensive line the way it was playing towards the end of the season.

sutz

Reaction score
enamel":343qo8cb said:
No.

:34853_doh:

Exittium

Reaction score
pmedic920 said:
These results (in my eyes) contradict each other.
Your thoughts?

ymu3usat.jpg

This one's funny, it just tells me the people who voted for Manning, after seeing him flop now in 12 post season appearances are the kind of fans, that would walk repeatedly into a freshly cleaned sliding glass door like dumb@sses

Optimus25

Reaction score
the funny thing about the "who's returning to the super bowl" question is that there is this growing consensus among media talking heads that the donkeys will have the easiest path back based on the relative softness in the AFC. best part about it though is that next year is west vs west, so manning will have to face the entire NFC West next year. Here's the points Manning and Co. put up while sweeping the nfc east last year:

41, 52, 51, 45. that was respectively against Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins.

Our *NFC West* worst is faaaaaar better than their *nfc east* best defense. manning is going to be under duress next season like never in his years' past. at least in this regard, he will rightfully earn his way back to the SB should they make it. geesh, if Seattle could have played the AFC West and NFC East last year we might have walked to the super bowl undefeated.

JMR

Reaction score
I don't think the results are contradictory. One question includes consideration of the entire team and other factors, such as competition in the division & conference that represent how difficult the path will be to get back to the SB. The other question focuses on 2 individual players.

I disagree with both poll results, however. Denver clearly has an easier path to the SB in the AFC. There just aren't that many tough teams over there, at least that's the way it appears time now. Meanwhile, we're doing good just to win our division with SF, Arizona, and even STL being really tough outs. You also have Carolina, New Orleans and Gb should also be very tough with Rodgers not getting injured. Now, if the poll asked who's mostly likely to WIN next year then it's Seattle. But it just asks who's more likely to return. Based on how the top NFC teams are built, you have to think whoever comes out should have the advantage over Denver if they're in again.

And it just makes no sense to prefer Manning over Wilson as a "franchise" qb at this point, if we agree that term includes long term considerations. Russell Wilson has not even been in the NFL for 2 full years yet, but he's 5-0 vs Manning + Brady + Brees + Rodgers and has already won a SB and is the winningest 2nd year QB in the history of the league. You don't pick any 37 year old player over him at this point.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Results are not shocking, but obviously misguided. Most of the nation has seen RW play in what, 1 or maybe 2 games now?

sc85sis

Reaction score
The perception still exists that Russell is nothing more than a game manager. People don't understand that the style of our offense dictates that he passes less often than other QBs; they look only at the stats and our dominating defense and wrongly assume he factors very little into our team's performance and record. His slight slump towards the end of the season only reinforces their thoughts on this.

We know what we have in Russell and so do his teammates. Right now that's all that matters.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
sc85sis":2bsdz0p0 said:
The perception still exists that Russell is nothing more than a game manager. People don't understand that the style of our offense dictates that he passes less often than other QBs; they look only at the stats and our dominating defense and wrongly assume he factors very little into our team's performance and record. His slight slump towards the end of the season only reinforces their thoughts on this.

We know what we have in Russell and so do his teammates. Right now that's all that matters.

I'm beginning to think that RWs is even more valuable in the areas that don't show up it the STAT line. In regards to the "slump" , there are rumors of an injury. Not to derail the thread but has any body heard any confirmed news on it.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but as far as returning to the Superbowl:
In the 2014 season, we already know that we play the Broncos. It's been speculated that it could be the opening game. However, it's relevant that the entire AFC West plays the entire NFC West. The Broncos (and the Chiefs and Chargers for that matter) rode a relatively easy schedule to the playoffs last year. It was hard to swallow that their competition was so inferior because we all know, "Any given Sunday..." and the NFL is so much more competitive than the other major league. However, there was a lot of information going into the SuperBowl that showed this disparity. Now, in retrospect, I don't think anyone could make the argument with a straight face that the Broncos 13-3 record was anywhere near as impressive as the Seahawks 13-3 record. Currently there's just an unlevel playing field. So in the 2014 season, the Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs (who all made the playoffs) will play against all 4 NFC West defenses. I can't imagine any of those 3 teams winning more than a 1-3 split. They have to play each other so even if they split those games you're already to a 6 loss season. The 3 teams that the Broncos lost to last year were Colts, Patriots and Chargers. They have to play all three of those teams this upcoming year again (on top of the NFC West). If I were in the AFC West, I'd be pretty worried about making the playoffs. Forget returning to the Superbowl.... I'd even go so far as to bet the winner of the AFC West wins that division with an 8 win season.

warden

Reaction score
Peyton Manning 20 mil a year Russell Wilson 600K a year

in 2013 Peyton equals Wilson, Harvin, Bennett and Avril, (something like that)

Anthony!

Reaction score
enamel":1t1rka16 said:

Do not agree Manning does not fit our team.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Manning over Wilson like no, I wouldn't want 1. an old qb 2. one that thinks he is a god and expects to be paid millions for choking in majority of playoff games he has been in. As for superbowl hell yes we go back.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
chrispy":3rr2b6be said:
If I were in the AFC West, I'd be pretty worried about making the playoffs. Forget returning to the Superbowl.... I'd even go so far as to bet the winner of the AFC West wins that division with an 8 win season.
That's being pretty dismissive.

I believe that Denver will win the AFCW a record of 11-5... 10-6 bare minimum.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Manning would've gone 16-0 on this team, even with our OL.

Problem is, when both of our Tackles went down, Manning probably wouldn't have finished the season. Keep that OL Healthy and our offense and defense would've set records last year.