Will you be a different type of fan now?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Now that the Hawks have FINALLY won a Superb Owl, do you think you'll somehow be different? I ask because I think I will be a little more relaxed when watching games. Not any less passionate, but more relaxed and able to accept a negetive play or game outcome with less frustration/anger. I am the type that yelled at the TV a fair amount and I think now I'll accept things as they are more readily, but still with all my passion for the team and winning intact.

In other words, we've finally eaten the cake. From here on out, it's a matter of how much icing will be spread on it.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I'm going to talk down to every fan of a team that has never won a Super Bowl. KISS THA RANG will be my mantra from here on out.

:sarcasm_off:

Kaiser

Reaction score
More relaxed yes, now that 32 years of constant tension and depression have been relieved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd like to think I'll be more calm during games, but I doubt it.

What I'd like to see different out of our fan base is to stop freaking out about negative press. It's time to block out the noise and act like the champions we are now. No need to give constant credence and attention to all the haters.

Exittium

Reaction score
Nope I'll be the same. Treat each game the same.. And still hopefully for a SB at the end of each season

dutchman063

Reaction score
my expectations just went up and will be expecting more of the same next year.... i'll be more up for games and down if we lose

MagHawk

Reaction score
I think from this point on, after waiting painfully for so long, I will be able to relax some when watching games.

I won't want to win any less than ever - but I won't have that sense of impending doom that has been my trademark for so long.

This feels so good!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
100%

We are now a winning organization (well at least we will be over .500 within a couple of years) and I don't feel I have to explain myself when explaining how great the secondary is.

Erebus

Reaction score
This win left me wanting more. I used to be such a humble fan, but I know exactly how awesome our team is and I want them to go on an unprecedented run of dominance.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Great question / thread, bro. Yes...I have changed. I am now an elitist. I walk around here in 9er country with my chest puffed out. I'm finally the 900 lb gorilla in these parts, lol.

Yesterday I walk into my bank with my Hawk visor on. A LARGE Samoan lady, married to LARGE Samoan man that use to work for me....looks at me funny and asks that I remove my visor (for the cameras). I jokingly say...not a chance...super bowl champs, the visor stays on. She laughs..."if it was a 49er hat, I'd let you leave it on".

With security looking at me, I Take it off then recall her husband was related to our old TE, Itula Milli (sp?). I ask her "aren't you somehow related to former Hawk Itula Mill"? She answers "Yes, but we still love him". Right then the new bank manager says "Go Hawks"! I know the woman is church going and needed a favor from her. I asked.."well, you must have enjoyed the Tebow commercial if not the game"? True to form she said "we had a church function and recorded the game. When we learned the Seahawks won, we just fast forwarded the game to the half time show so I didn't see any commercials". That's a hardcore 9er fan there. I actually respect that. But the manager raved about our D and called the Hawks his "new favorite team"

We are spreading in numbers and I knew this would happen. I think I heard no less than 5 "Go Hawks" thru-out the day. We are still outnumbered significantly but that only adds to our new found elitism. Thank you Seahawks. ; )

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ls7iq25l said:
Now that the Hawks have FINALLY win a Superb Owl, do you think you'll somehow be different? I ask because I think I will be a little more relaxed when watching games. Not any less passionate, but more relaxed and able to accept a negetive play or game outcome with less frustration/anger. I am the type that yelled at the TV a fair amount and I think now I'll accept things as they are more readily, but still with all my passion for the team and winning intact.

In other words, we've finally eaten the cake. From here on out, it's a matter of how much icing will be spread on it.

I thought about this the other day... and heres why I think the Seahawks are special..

The fans of Seattle teams have always been amazing. If anyone remembers the games at the old Kingdome, they'd remember Howard Cossel and the decible readers on TV showing jet takeoff like sound in the 80s.

You watch how that fan base has developed, and transformed into a culture. it very much reminds me of the fans of European soccer teams. Not just the "major ones", but the teams like Liverpool and Dortmund, where supporting the team becomes the culture.

Players come and go, but the fans persist.

Thats what Seattle has. The fans are the experience. the game is the event. One Super Bowl will only make it more intense

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
As of right now, I see myself being a little more relaxed. Of course, that could completely change once next season starts.

I just wanted one Super Bowl title in my lifetime, and I've got it. Not that I wouldn't want another, but I definitely won't stress as bad as I would have if we didn't have one yet.

Being a long suffering San Francisco Giants fan, winning in 2010 took away all of the bad memories - 1987 playoffs vs the Cards, 1989 WS loss to the A's, 1993 last game vs the Dodgers, 2000 playoffs vs the Mets, 2003 vs the Marlins, and especially of the 2002 WS loss to the Angels. When they won in 2012, it wasn't even close to being as satisfying as the first time. Was still nice, don't get me wrong.

JonRud

Reaction score
For me I was just so desperate for one Lombardi trophy. I always said my insanity, depression over losses and thinking about the Hawks 80% of my waking hours during the season would change if we ever won one. And for a long time I really believed I would not see it in my lifetime.

I think now that we are Champions forever and it can't be taken back I am going to change. No doubt I will still be going nuts during all the games, but that feeling of 'I would do anything just to know the Seahawks have won a Super Bowl and I can crow about it the rest of my life' is now in the past and I think I can just enjoy whatever happens next wihout it affecting my life as much.

DrDix

Reaction score
No different. Want a championship next season more than I did this season.

Latest posts