Some slightly interesting quotes about BJ Daniels

kearly

Reaction score
Yup. It's the offseason.

The Seahawks signed BJ Daniels to a 2014 futures contract on Thursday, (if I heard correctly, all but one of Seattle's 2013 PS players received contracts on the same day). This isn't major news, but I stumbled across a SF area news article that covered it, and it included some interesting quotes regarding Daniels from Pete Carroll that I thought I'd pass along.

That concept was corroborated in September by Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who said the Seahawks were hoping to land quarterback B.J. Daniels, whom the 49ers drafted in the seventh round.

"We thought he was a nice player and interesting guy to get on the team, and thought a lot of him," Carroll said at the time. "We feel like we know him, and if he has a chance to play at least we have some background in him. We studied him very carefully and all that. But we think a lot of his ability."

When the 49ers released Daniels in October to make room for John Skelton, the Seahawks snapped him up.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... -deal.html

These quotes, as well as the fact that Seattle picked up Daniels so quickly when he hit FA, suggest that Seattle was probably targeting Daniels very late in the 2013 draft before SF beat them to the punch. The funny thing is that one of the players Seattle drafted in the 7th round instead, Vanderbilt Guard Ryan Seymour, is now under contract with the 49ers to compete for their 2014 roster.

Anyway, nothing too earth shattering, though I did think it was kind of neat that in the span of one paragraph Pete mentions not once but twice that they thought a lot of Daniels' ability.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I bet they keep Daniels as the new backup QB and let T jack go save all the money they can.