Kearse's TD

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't know what my problem is but after watching it again just now I think I finally appreciate what a completely unbelievable individual effort that was. The dude was not going to be denied the end zone. This has to rank among the best Superbowl TD plays over the years. Maybe it seemed less important because the game was already essentially over -- but if it had been a closer game and he made the play ... damn... he'd be up there in the annals of Superbowl legends.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I am in complete agreement with you! Unbelievable effort after the brilliant throw!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Worst tackling ever too though. Heinacho lowers his head and just knocks him out of the would be tacklers grasp and the other defender just tried to hit him down and messes up to. Horrible tackling form and a tenacious effort by Kearse

SDHawk

Reaction score
I don't know what my problem is but after watching it again just now I think I finally appreciate what a completely unbelievable individual effort that was.

Kinda routine for our receivers, no?

Tate did this on the regular last season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LOL. I've watched the play so much that it makes me dizzy. I look at it repeatedly and sk..why is more not being said about Kearse's YAC on this play? Just insane and I thought about trying to replicate his moves in the living room last night but knew I would break furniture and probably a leg or 2.

Our entire SB was a like a Seahawk highlight reel, so Kearse's run kind of gets lost in that. But in a regular game, they're talking "play of the day"...if not more. Thanks for bringing this Dawg's incredible run to attention.

TJH

Reaction score
Great play, but that effort by 32 right before he crosses the goalline was the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I almost thought Baldwins td catch was better......two of the quckest moves I have ever seen to get in the endzone.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Great play, no doubt. Tackling was poor, but I guess they were just giving up at that point. Honestly, there were so much awesome in game it's really hard to say one offensive or defensive play was better. Everyone played to perfection. I am happy for Kearse. Dude is a baller.

tdigitee

Reaction score
TJH":1xz0o2te said:
Great play, but that effort by 32 right before he crosses the goalline was the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen.

Heh, he did just kinda wave at it instead of really punching for the ball...wasn't 32 (Carter?) part of the initial tackling attempt that Kearse broke? It was like once 32 missed and Kearse kept breaking tackles, the "fight" went out of him - like how Tracy Porter could have tackled Lynch during Beastquake, but after getting chucked to the ground lost his desire to even try.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Just watched it 10 more times. Really slick moves by Kearse. Only 52 had a real chance of stopping him and Kearse ripped through his attempted arm tackle. The others never got a clean shot at him and it wasn't bad tackling as much as it was Kearse's electrifying, spinning moves. You can't tackle what you can't catch.

Even the catch itself was difficult as Kearse had to reach between the defenders to snag the pass, then spun immediately away from them after doing so. Then spun the opposite way in almost identical fashion before finding the endzone. Some are either being too critical of Denver's tackling (worst ever??) or not giving Kearse enough credit, IMO.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
It is an irony how "average" our receivers are, they work this hard with all catches. They are hungry for the endzone pretty much every play. Just the same as our defense is hungry for the ball and their effort towards stripping it away.

TJH

Reaction score
Kixkahn":2rt3xwkj said:
It is an irony how "average" our receivers are, they work this hard with all catches. They are hungry for the endzone pretty much every play. Just the same as our defense is hungry for the ball and their effort towards stripping it away.

Our defensive toughness and intensity has absolutely boiled over to the offense. Frankly, they are completely average athletically(sans Percy) but they have great heart and drive and just try harder than anyone else.

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
I prefer to not talk about what the broncos didn't do but rather what the Seahawks did. That play is a testament to this coaching staff and Jermaine as a player. Jermaine focused on finishing the play. It was his effort that allowed him to find the endzone, not the Broncos inability to tackle him.

When he made that play I started throwing skittles around because in that play he took on the persona of the Beast.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TJH":3ozp6geb said:

I encourage you to watch it again. Nothing embarrassing about it. Wasn't like Kearse was a stationary target. Had that happened to our defenders (the best), I wouldn't have even been upset, let alone embarrassed.. It was just a great play by Kearse. You a Duck by chance? J/K. ; )

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
HawkWow":25clz4na said:
Just watched it 10 more times. Really slick moves by Kearse. Only 52 had a real chance of stopping him and Kearse ripped through his attempted arm tackle. The others never got a clean shot at him and it wasn't bad tackling as much as it was Kearse's electrifying, spinning moves. You can't tackle what you can't catch.

Even the catch itself was difficult as Kearse had to reach between the defenders to snag the pass, then spun immediately away from them after doing so. Then spun the opposite way in almost identical fashion before finding the endzone. Some are either being too critical of Denver's tackling (worst ever??) or not giving Kearse enough credit, IMO.

Good post. I just saw a lot of lame tackles on their part throughout game so it looked like poor tackling. After watching again, you got a point. One thing I noticed was the first hit, when he put his shoulder into it and flattened the defender, and second defender seemed just behind the tackle, grabbing for straws. I don't have the ability to watch in slow motion, so much going on in that play. Pinball.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Poor tackling ??? Who cares that the Broncos missed tackles?
That TD was a fantastic effort from Kearse. Baldwin TD was just as nice.
And ESPN says, we don't have receivers? Seriously? Some people think good receiver should be either big or fast. I disagree.
Good receivers are those who can catch the ball, then get plenty of yards after they catch the ball. Our boys can do that. They can ball.
The catch from Lockette prior to Kearse was also fantastic catch on 3rd down and long.
We are deep at WR. I don't want us to change anything. Resign all those guys, give them a chance to get even better next year.

Latest posts