8-8

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Listening to the Doug Gotlieb show and his co-host(sorry didn't catch his name) said the Seahawks finish 8-8 next year or at best 10-6 with how tough our schedule is. I about drove off the road. I think his main point was that we had a really tough schedule but man its unbelievable how little respect this team gets even after blowing out the prematurely crowned Broncos.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I understand 10-6 somewhat but 8-8 because of a schedule? good lord. Teams as good as us go 10-6 at worst despite the schedule.
right now 11 wins is my expectation

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I say we win our Division again and are a top seed.

Penman96

Reaction score
We have 8 home games, so that's 8 wins. Two AFC West road games, that's a pansy division so 2 road wins there. Let's say we split the rest, so 3 more wins. That's 13 minimum but let's face it, we will be returning with all of our players, upgrading weaknesses, adding Harvin, our OL doesn't get decimated again, and Russ is one year better. Sounds like 16 wins to me...but let the idiot pundits yak, fuel for the fire.

SF49r

Reaction score
Sounds like a normal prediction for the reigning superbowl champs...

otter

Reaction score
I think we could go 16-0, and until proven otherwise, that's what I'm going with. And then, we go 3-0 in the post-season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Doug Gottlieb isn't exactly known for his NFL expertise.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Never heard of the clown, sounds like a whiner or donk fan prediction to me.

Jac

Reaction score
The great thing about having Russell Wilson is that his absolute floor is 10 wins a year. He's just going to get better every year and carry the team to wins if need be. Successfully dealing with the pressure of a SB at his age is immeasurable.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
i wonder how many people predicted the Patriots would go 8-8 the year they went 18-1?

There were many that said this same thing last year. It was the Niners mantra. We won't sneak up on teams after going 11-5, The schedule will be brutal this year, Wilson will have a sophomore slump, on and on. Let em predict hell, let em eat cake.

If you have followed this team at all since Pete Carroll arrived it is just dumb to believe that we will go 8-8. Could it happen? Sure anything is possible but I think it would take an extremely unlucky series of bad luck and injuries and definitely not something predictable.

Anyone making that type of prediction has an agenda of some kind. There is no other way.

Maybe we should just ask the magic 8 ball.

kjreid

Reaction score
Who is going to be our AFC west away games? I would hate to have both KC and Denver on the road (specially in Late November or December. Having said that, I believe we end up 13-3 and the number 1 seed. (losses to SF, KC if on the road and one unexpected loss) Seattle goes 8-0 at home.

theascension

Reaction score
We go at worst 3-1 against the AFC West in my opinion. The AFC still won't be able to catch up to the NFC in terms of toughness by next year. The NFC will be our toughest challenge. I still think we win at least 11 games.
I think russell and the offense improves however and we win the division at 13 or 14 wins.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Well, we have Denver so that's a W and the NFC East? Come on, that's not tough. We'll likely go 12-4.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think 8-8 is probably low but I wouldn't say its disrespectful or whatever to think there could be a drop off.

our division is a beast. There's no reason to think Arizona and st. Louis won't be better. The cardinals will be more like the team we saw late last year, and the rams won't likely be starting Kellen Clemens. Bradford was on his way to a good season before the injury.

we will be playing a first place schedule, the AFC west which fielded three playoff teams this year. On the flip side of that we are playing the NFC east which can only be better this year.

depending on how the schedule plays out its not a stretch to see five or six losses in there

themunn

Reaction score
NFC South > AFC West
AFC South > NFC East (albeit barely)
Green Bay will be tougher than Minnesota, but that's probably the only game on the schedule that's more difficult than last year's corresponding fixtures

So how do we go from winning 13 to winning 8?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kjreid":qix4riot said:
Who is going to be our AFC west away games? I would hate to have both KC and Denver on the road (specially in Late November or December. Having said that, I believe we end up 13-3 and the number 1 seed. (losses to SF, KC if on the road and one unexpected loss) Seattle goes 8-0 at home.

San Diego is one of them games. I am planning on repping for that game sitting with a friend who is a SD fan.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1b4l661f said:
i wonder how many people predicted the Patriots would go 8-8 the year they went 18-1?

There were many that said this same thing last year. It was the Niners mantra. We won't sneak up on teams after going 11-5, The schedule will be brutal this year, Wilson will have a sophomore slump, on and on. Let em predict hell, let em eat cake.

If you have followed this team at all since Pete Carroll arrived it is just dumb to believe that we will go 8-8. Could it happen? Sure anything is possible but I think it would take an extremely unlucky series of bad luck and injuries and definitely not something predictable.

Anyone making that type of prediction has an agenda of some kind. There is no other way.

Maybe we should just ask the magic 8 ball.

We need a new Magic 8 Ball. That one needs to be retired. LOL :idea:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: