Some love for Chris Clemons

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure if someone already did this but Chris Clemons deserves some recognition after his performance Sunday. Dude brought it and forced I believe 2 fumbles. It's amazing after his injury last year that not only he came back, but was quite productive. He is a warrior and was an important part of this franchises turnaround. I hope we can work it out so he remains a Hawk because I think he still has something left in the tank for at least a couple more years especially with another offseason to recuperate from his injury. Thanks Chris!!!!

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I give him tons of credit for his Super Bowl play. It was the best game he's played in at least two months. Going into the game I was actually worried about Manning getting too much time in the pocket when Clem & Bryant were in the game. I thought that could be our biggest liability. Turns out Bryant didn't play as much as usual on 1st downs (which made sense) and Clemons played great.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Clemons was lights out in the Superbowl. He either had his hands on Peyton or was shoving one of his guys in front of him or tipping one of his passes seemingly every time I turned around. And I am not just saying that because he is my favorite player. He has caught a lot of crap from folks on here lately because of his cap hit and the performance of Bennett and Avril. But I honestly think that the play of Clemons and also Mebane are what has enabled Avril and Bennett to excel this season. Between the 4 of them they transformed our pass rush this year and I think that was the thing that put this Defense over the top this season. I truly hope we can keep this front four together for at least another season to give Mayowa and Schofield more time to step into the roll.

piston bully

Reaction score
Heard this morning that the hit he put on Thomas not only set the tone for the game but also separated Thomas's shoulder.no wonder the donkeys folded.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Clemons has been quietly having a very good season. He's not getting as many sacks, but when he's on the field, he pressures qbs. With the quality of our pass rush now though, often when he gets a pressure, he pushes the qb towards another guy, where in years past either he got the sack or the qb escaped.

I know he's getting up there in years, but I wouldn't mind at all seeing him get a new 3 year deal that helps us with the cap and keeps him here.

ManBunts

Reaction score
piston bully":18vi8uyz said:
Heard this morning that the hit he put on Thomas not only set the tone for the game but also separated Thomas's shoulder.no wonder the donkeys folded.

Pretty sure that was the hit Kam put on DT in the beginning.

That said, I love me some Clemons. He had a dominant Super Bowl. Stats don't show how often he put pressure on Manning. I've been watching him get knocked for not producing as much as previous seasons, for costing way too much, etc, but how can you expect a guy to match 12 sacks in a season when you're sharing the load with Bryant, Bennett and Avril? I like to think the impact he makes is similar to Sherman in many games. His presence deters plays towards him, so of course his stats aren't going to be sky high, but it helps shape the attack for the opposite side of the line as well.

I really hope he restructures and we can keep him. He's one of our defensive leaders and a stellar player.

piston bully

Reaction score
Dude your right my bad.LOL sucks getting old but it does beat the alternative.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ManBunts":37uz16xg said:
piston bully":37uz16xg said:

Pretty sure that was the hit Kam put on DT in the beginning.

That said, I love me some Clemons. He had a dominant Super Bowl. Stats don't show how often he put pressure on Manning. I've been watching him get knocked for not producing as much as previous seasons, for costing way too much, etc, but how can you expect a guy to match 12 sacks in a season when you're sharing the load with Bryant, Bennett and Avril? I like to think the impact he makes is similar to Sherman in many games. His presence deters plays towards him, so of course his stats aren't going to be sky high, but it helps shape the attack for the opposite side of the line as well.

I really hope he restructures and we can keep him. He's one of our defensive leaders and a stellar player.
Great comparison. It's like saying Kam isn't productive if he doesn't get the INTS. That front four is a great unit. Clemons sacks fell off because other guys are now getting them, not because Clem isn't putting as much pressure on. With so many good pass rushers, it makes it that much harder to defend the QB.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
piston bully":1u2gw3ms said:

That was Chancellor's hit not Clemons.