How many prime time Hawk games for 2014?

seabowl

Reaction score
Let me guess the Hawks get 4 and the Cowgirls 5. In all seriousness I think we get 5.

mirrikat45

Reaction score
Without a doubt:

Denver @ SEA
One of the 49er's games. Probably the home game because the Media loves acting stupid as they try to demonstrate how loud clink is.

Possible games:
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
Eagles
Cardinals
Rams

I think we'll get at least 4, possibly a 5th depending on flex games.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm more interested in the number of 10 a.m. games. I want the kind of love from the schedule makers that the Niners had this year.

Edit: OK, I'll play. Niners, Donks, Panthers, Eagles. Maybe Cowboys and/or the Turdinals/Rams on a Thursday.

Steve2222

Reaction score
49ers (first game)
@ St. Louis (Thursday Night)
Green Bay (SNF)
@ Carolina (MNF)
Cardinals (MNF)

Since the SB wasn't competitive, I doubt they make the rematch Prime Time.

Polaris

Reaction score
Assuming Seattle continues to win, I think this time we're pretty much assured of getting the maximum (five). Not only did we dethrone the King of Football (PFM) but have now drawn national interest as World Champs (that still feels good typing that) much like the first Patriots team. There is even a bit of commonality between a young and upstart Tom Brady (that was drafted in the 6th round) and Wilson.

Not only that but look at our schedule. It is chock full of matchups either that have a lot of inherent interest and/or golden franchises of the NFL that the NFL likes to showcase.

I see the following as very real possibiities for primetime:

San Fran (either at home or away)
Arizona (if only to see if they can beat as at home again)
Green Bay (for obvious reasons)
Dallas (for obvious reasons)
Denver (Peyton's revenge? Story writes itself)
NY Giants (see Dallas)
@Carolina (intriguing matchup)
@Philly (Wilson vs Foles, sexy matchup at least potentially)
@Washington (but only if RG3 recovers and Washington is winning next year)

Just my take.

OrFan

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1irownf2 said:
To be honest, I'm more interested in the number of 10 a.m. games. I want the kind of love from the schedule makers that the Niners had this year.

Edit: OK, I'll play. Niners, Donks, Panthers, Eagles. Maybe Cowboys and/or the Turdinals/Rams on a Thursday.

Agreed. The 10 am games need to stop. There is no reason to have them.

seadoc

Reaction score
My armchair analysis says they don't try and go back to back w/ the super bowl rematch.

I think the opener is SF @ SEA (maybe SEA @ SF)

others: Car, Den, vs STL.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
seadoc":x7kk8t1f said:
...I think the opener is SF @ SEA (maybe SEA @ SF)...
I hope not, and I also think not. (Well, the second one would be OK) For the past year, the NFL has alternated with one team hosting the game early in the season and the other team hosting "late". San Fran coming here on opening day would break that pattern. Essentially, it's our turn to get the rivalry's home game late in the season.

Don't SB champs do the rings and open at home traditionally? So maybe we'll open against the Packers, and then play at San Fran on TNF of Week 3. That'd both suck and be fine -- we'd get both the TNF and the trip to Santa Clara out of the way early, but have to face the rivalry on the short week.

seadoc

Reaction score
Oh duh. I forgot the "winner hosts week 1" rule.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":f6plno7i said:

Our Thursday game is our season opener at home so the logical choices are Green Bay, San Francisco, Arizona, Denver or Washington.

davidonmi

Reaction score
ceej22":2shgac5a said:
seadoc":2shgac5a said:
Oh duh. I forgot the "winner hosts week 1" rule.

What rule? See Ravens @ Broncos this season.
that was a special occurance cause the ravens had a conflict with the Orioles that night, and the Orioles wouldn't budge.
The game will be in seattle

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ts0cdxm said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1ts0cdxm said:

Our Thursday game is our season opener at home so the logical choices are Green Bay, San Francisco, Arizona or Washington.

I thought we played Washington on the road....but it might be the Giants (another classic and popular NFL team). I don't see Arizona really. Like I said above, my personal handicapping is:

1) Green Bay 2) Denver 3) San Fran 4) Dallas 5) Giants in that order

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":vke103ig said:
seadoc":vke103ig said:
I hope not, and I also think not. (Well, the second one would be OK) For the past year, the NFL has alternated with one team hosting the game early in the season and the other team hosting "late". San Fran coming here on opening day would break that pattern. Essentially, it's our turn to get the rivalry's home game late in the season.

Don't SB champs do the rings and open at home traditionally? So maybe we'll open against the Packers, and then play at San Fran on TNF of Week 3. That'd both suck and be fine -- we'd get both the TNF and the trip to Santa Clara out of the way early, but have to face the rivalry on the short week.
Our TNF game is our season opener. It's good to be King.:)

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1qx43ifq said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1qx43ifq said:
seadoc":1qx43ifq said:

Actually no. You still do a normal TNF game. The season opener is technically the first "Sunday Night Football" Game except it's done on opening day. The one every team is obligated to do is the NFL Network game on a Thursday.

davidonmi

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2i8ug085 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2i8ug085 said:
seadoc":2i8ug085 said:

that one doesn't count cause it's not a short week, we will have another TNF game