Seahawks open as favorites to win SB XLIX

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2cpt8rrc said:
Get used to it, boys and girls. We're front runners. We have to learn to keep that chip on our shoulder even when there's no reason for it to be there.

With guys like Cris Carter, Skip Bayless, etc. "analyzing", we're primed for another run.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
dontbelikethat":1eiwhapn said:
Seahawk Sailor":1eiwhapn said:
Get used to it, boys and girls. We're front runners. We have to learn to keep that chip on our shoulder even when there's no reason for it to be there.

With guys like Cris Carter, Skip Bayless, etc. "analyzing", we're primed for another run.

Touché.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Great info. Though I think I'd put GB after SF and then probably N.O. followed by N.E. Denver 6th.

GB's D needs a lot of help but probably no more than Denver's...and Rodgers with a potent running attack?

In the end, we just need to win the NFCW. The rest will take care of itself. ; )

Vetamur

Reaction score
9/2? 9/2??? Outrage!!! Should be 5/2 at WORST, given the uncertainty of a couple of free agents. utter disrespect!!

chip preserved!

kearly

Reaction score
9/2 = 22.2222%

Seattle opened this past season around 17% at Football Outsiders. As the season went on, the percentage climbed up to around 25% by the end of the regular season. I'm just guessing, but FO would probably put Seattle around 17-20% right now. Given all the random variables that can happen in the next 365 days, a 22% chance is actually pretty big. I wonder how many teams in recent history have had lower payouts a year away from the SB?

themunn

Reaction score
Whoever wins the NFC West wins the Superbowl, because whoever comes out of that division at the top is the best team in the league.

The worst team went 6-4 outside of the division, and has two first round picks to add, including the second overall?
COME ON MAN.
Only 12 teams in the league went 6-4 or better outside of their division. FOUR OF THEM were in the NFC West. (8 teams went 7-3 or better, 3 of them were NFC West teams).

This year, the 4th best team in the NFC West will probably be better than another team that makes the playoffs... and might even have a better record

zhawk

Reaction score
right after the game, a guy at our party offered 20-1 that hawks couldn't repeat... i'm in for $50. :0190l:

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
zhawk":2ozmid39 said:
right after the game, a guy at our party offered 20-1 that hawks couldn't repeat... i'm in for $50. :0190l:

Hmm... Drunk guy at a Super Bowl party offers outlandish bet... :lol:

Hope you got that in writing ;)

If not. I'd say your odds of collecting are about 1,000,000,000/1 :th2thumbs:

After we win again :thirishdrinkers:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spooky stat I heard earlier on this subject.

"Only 3 teams in the last 15 years won a play off game after winning the SB". I assume they mean aside from the back to back winner NE...but that's what they said.

Now, there's several reasons for this and most don't apply to us, thankfully. Food for thought, though. If you were the type of gambler disciplined / sick enough to bet against our Hawks...doing so would likely be a smart play. But don't. Unless you're the unlucky type. ; )

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's so so hard to repeat in this league, but I think we have a better chance to do so than many recent SB Champions have.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33ff6cc7 said:
It's so so hard to repeat in this league, but I think we have a better chance to do so than many recent SB Champions have.

Agreed. I like our chances. Most SB winners lose a bevy of players immediately following the win. Contracts are up and SB winners get paid. They are also typically comprised of older, more seasoned players and retirement also plays a role. Many are also satisfied, some now with more than 1 ring and lose their edge. None of that really applies to us, atm, with the re-signing of Bennett, Thomas and to a lesser degree, Golden Tate.

Most of these players, I sense, will understand WHY they are in the unusual position of being able to repeat and I also get the impression they will want the 2nd as bad as the first. The targets on our backs are no bigger than they were a year ago. I think we are in this highly unusual situation largely because our QB makes pocket money as do the best corners in the league.

It's likely the only thing we lose is the "chip" and the "disrespect" factors. That's where Pete comes in.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkWow":2fkhr6j1 said:
Hasselbeck":2fkhr6j1 said:

Agreed. I like our chances. Most SB winners lose a bevy of players immediately following the win. Contracts are up and SB winners get paid. They are also typically comprised of older, more seasoned players and retirement also plays a role. Many are also satisfied, some now with more than 1 ring and lose their edge. None of that really applies to us, atm, with the re-signing of Bennett, Thomas and to a lesser degree, Golden Tate.

Most of these players, I sense, will understand WHY they are in the unusual position of being able to repeat and I also get the impression they will want the 2nd as bad as the first. The targets on our backs are no bigger than they were a year ago. I think we are in this highly unusual situation largely because our QB makes pocket money as do the best corners in the league.

It's likely the only thing we lose is the "chip" and the "disrespect" factors. That's where Pete comes in.

Another thing to look at is how many #1 seeds won the Super Bowl over the last 15 years? not many. Especially of late, the teams that have won the Super Bowl more "outlasted" the playoffs then won them.

This team won the playoffs, and dominated the Super bowl. Its returning nearly all of its starters. Everyone is young, relatively hungry.

Winning again would be very difficult. But this team is poised for it probably better than most previous champs over the last 10-15 years

CPHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3bvnn2f3 said:
zhawk":3bvnn2f3 said:

Hmm... Drunk guy at a Super Bowl party offers outlandish bet... :lol:

Hope you got that in writing ;)

If not. I'd say your odds of collecting are about 1,000,000,000/1 :th2thumbs:

After we win again :thirishdrinkers:

I think it's time for you to update your avatar, to its here. :D

themunn

Reaction score
HawkWow":21futvdo said:
Spooky stat I heard earlier on this subject.

"Only 3 teams in the last 15 years won a play off game after winning the SB". I assume they mean aside from the back to back winner NE...but that's what they said.

...I'm guessing NE are one of the three they're referring to?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Wow, I got us at 6/1 over here in the UK (joint favourites with Denver, 49ers 7/1). Stuck £20 on it (about $35).

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Wow, I got us at 6/1 over here in the UK (joint favourites with Denver, 49ers 7/1). Stuck £20 on it (about $35).

Latest posts