Semi-inconsequential plays that jumped out at ya'.

HawkWow

Reaction score
In a game like yesterday's (practically a Seahawk highlight reel) what plays jumped out at you that 99% of the population likely missed?

Certainly, Kam's hit on Thomas set the tone early...and that is one of my favs because I had a sense THAT was how the day would go, but re-watching the game now, I'd like to call attention to the seldom discussed Robert Turbin.

Yes, he had the great run nullified with a hold, then again...on another hold (?) he just plants Denver's DE 295 lb Malik Jackson. It's just wicked and comes at the 7:45 mark of the 4th qtr. Nobody but those two will ever remember this hit. And me...I've now watched it "a dozen times" (per Mrs Wow).

I'm sure you purists have many more. Care to share?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
A huge play was Baldwin's third down reception over the middle in the first quarter. Russ threw a bullet and Dougie made a great play on the ball to bring it in. It was the first of many clutch third down receptions that let us take the lead early.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The hit on Moreno when he got just smashed at the same damn time by Wright and Wagner.

Also KJ Wrights hit on Welker.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":18e01ggt said:
A huge play was Baldwin's third down reception over the middle in the first quarter. Russ threw a bullet and Dougie made a great play on the ball to bring it in. It was the first of many clutch third down receptions that let us take the lead early.

There were a few there (early) that RW put just a bit too much zip on. Difficult balls to catch but our pedestrian receivers pulled them in ..but IIRC, I think one was too hot for Harvin and another to Tate (?) the Broncs wanted the lateral on. But then he settled down.

Deion expressed a great observation regarding this when he said "Wilson is a baseball player and baseball players never get too high or too low". Spot on.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
On Kam's interception, Earl comes flying into the backfield to cover Moreno. I didn't see it on the first viewing but was watching the game today and it really jumped out at me.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":34at2qjx said:
The hit on Moreno when he got just smashed at the same damn time by Wright and Wagner.

Also KJ Wrights hit on Welker.

Welker irritated me this past week and I was happy to see him get lit up. The one mid-range pass, Kam practically took his manhood from him. It looked like something you'd see if you watched pro wrestling. A flying something or another.

Remember that Ozzy song..."No more tears"? I'm hoping someone makes a parody of that called "Knowshon's tears".

Not really. Just thought it was funny but I got no real joy watching Moreno's freaky-ass aqua exhibition a few weeks back. Not under those circumstances, anyway.

I hope he gets picked up and lives up to expectations (in the AFC). No player should have to contend with the media reporting he "will be released" the day before the SB. Thought that was BS.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1az9gtmp said:
On Kam's interception, Earl comes flying into the backfield to cover Moreno. I didn't see it on the first viewing but was watching the game today and it really jumped out at me.

Just watched it. Jams him hard at the Denver 19 (right?)..

This is what I was hoping would happen with this thread. Additional reasons to replay the game over and over. Sheer, unadulterated happiness in (almost) every frame.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkWow":3umrjnm3 said:
bigtrain21":3umrjnm3 said:

Thanks. I'll check that out during my next viewing...probably tomorrow, lol.

This is what I was hoping would happen with this thread. Additional reasons to replay the game over and over. Sheer, unadulterated happiness in (almost) every frame.

I just saw it again and I think I oversold it. From the angle I saw it looked like he was further away from the Line of Scrimmage and they just showed a different angle on NFL Network and he was on the line. Still good recognition to take Moreno out of the play and just elimintate him as an option and I love how aggressive it was but I oversold it.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Naw. It was a good observation. Like you suggested, ET totally took that option away from Manning and with that only like Manning's 17th (?) int on the season, maybe that's not an int if ET don't jam Moreno.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Mebane stuffing that screen was one of my favorites. That was some hustle.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
That was great, LT. Our big boys were all over the place. It seemed like we had 13 guys on D at times...but seldom did one get in another's way. Masterful.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Biggest turning point, IMO, was basically caused by Moreno. When he just stood there staring at the tipped pass from Peyton, waiting for it to come back down so he could catch it, and Smith just came from behind, around his side, and went up to get it right in front of him and returned it 69 yards for the TD...That was it, right there. All of us would be absolutely FURIOUS if we saw Beast Mode just half-assing it and waiting for a knocked-up pass to come down into his hands like that. Moreno EASILY could have made sure Smith couldn't intercept that, but he just stood there, maybe pondering what to eat for dinner after the game, waiting for that ball to come back down and it's all Smith needed. Most people are saying the Percy return to start the second half is when the game got clinched, but that's wrong. It was really this moment, before we even got the TD on Smith's return. As soon as that interception happened because of Moreno being lazy/inattentive, it was over.

If I'm a Broncos fan, I am furious at Knowshon Moreno for his laziness right there. Absolutely livid.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Definitely the turning point Ro...but certainly not inconsequential...lol. We're looking for the less obvious here.

But to your point, next time Denver may want to think it through a bit more before letting it be known, days before the SB, that they won't be re-signing a player. LOL. That's what Moreno was thinking about. ; )