Does this victory make Russell our greatest QB ever?

Stiletto

Reaction score
I heard someone in the media asking that question and it got me to wondering.
I say a resounding YES! Nothing else compares to winning the big title.

What does .NET think?

kidhawk

Reaction score
No but it makes him the quarterback of the best single season team ever. He needs a little longevity to be the best ever. I believe he will be that though, just not after 2 seasons

Rainger

Reaction score
Yes even without this win. RW is the best QB in Hawks history and I do like Hasselbeck. I was even a Krieg fan when no one else was.

OP
OP
Stiletto

Stiletto

Reaction score
I have so much love for Matt and what he did here, as well as all the Hawks of the past. But winning it all leaps you to the top in my mind.
Wish I knew how to make one of those "polls" that I see people do around here.....

dbmack

Reaction score
Yes. He will also be the best Seattle athlete in history, if he isn't already.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3vv38ftq said:
It makes Russell THE greatest qb ever.

I mean, if we conceivably win next year, and RW makes a run for a 3rd ring in the next 5 years, he'll be 1st ballot, HOF, no doubt. Winning at 25 certainly gives you an unreal advantage.

Aikman had really average statistical seasons but is viewed as all time great because of the rings.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":16viffhk said:
No but it makes him the quarterback of the best single season team ever. He needs a little longevity to be the best ever. I believe he will be that though, just not after 2 seasons

It's not like he's competing with some of the greatest of all time.

He was already better than Zorn and Kreig. This SB win put him over the top of Matty H by doing something Matt couldn't do. He'll secure his spot after a few more successful season, but I'd put him #1.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":j8wx9ja5 said:
kidhawk":j8wx9ja5 said:

It's not like he's competing with some of the greatest of all time.

He was already better than Zorn and Kreig. This SB win put him over the top of Matty H by doing something Matt couldn't do. He'll secure his spot after a few more successful season, but I'd put him #1.

As you said he will secure it in a few years. I have no doubt about that and agree completely. It's just a matter of time now

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1vuul85b said:
Yes.

And Pete is the best coach in Franchise history as well.

Agreed and that's a huge compliment to Pete.

I think Hass could have won with this team (I think he won with the 05 team), but RW is the superior athlete and dare I say, more poised as well.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I personally felt like he was better than Hasselbeck allready coming into the year BUT he had never made the NFC championship or superbowl like Matt and this year just cements my opinion and he brought home the Lombardi for us....GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
Uhhhh.... Hold on a second.

I have watched a lot of QB's I love throughout the Seahawks history. I think it's to early for that just yet. Give him some more time to gain even more history.