Not That It Matters, The Detractors

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The funniest I've came across is a Bronco fan on Orangemane, who believes the NFL pumped in noise to mimic the 12th man.

I really like the Peyton Choked media detractions even though he was like 35 for 49. Sorry, Media, our Defense is just that good.

Another fan trolling SI.com comment sections, thought Percy was a total non-factor and that 15 other players could have done what he did on that return... but I'd argue it was the nail in the coffin of Broncos gaining back momentum. Dude is straight dangerous.

Many thought Lynch was a total non-factor, but he was pulling in that Denver front 7, and allowing Russell to do his thing.

If you guys have anymore... share what you've heard.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Peyton choked huh? Setting the SuperB Owl record for completions is choking?

His leading receiver setting the SuperB Owl record for receptions is choking?

The only thing I didn't like from the SuperB Owl is Unger getting mauled and thus Marshawn getting met in the backfield.

"If you stop Marshawn, you shut down the Seahawks" Yes and their QB with a 123.1 QB Rating...

Our defense scored more than Denvers offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Someone on my Facebook account said that Microsoft fixed the SB cause of Allen.

I said "err, Allen left Microsoft in 2000, so put your tinfoil hat away and get a grip."

253hawk

Reaction score
Seemed equally loud on both sides to me until the second half when the Bronies started leaving.

And if Allen wanted to fix it, he could have bought XL* easily.

plyka

Reaction score
ivotuk":qq299tk2 said:

The only thing I didn't like from the SuperB Owl is Unger getting mauled and thus Marshawn getting met in the backfield.

"If you stop Marshawn, you shut down the Seahawks" Yes and their QB with a 123.1 QB Rating...

Are you kidding me with this post, lol. I'm a Manning fan, but if you don't think he choked because he set an NFL record in garbage time for COMPLETIONS, most of which were 5 yards or less upon completion, you're completely deluding yourself. He had a HORRIBLE GAME. The first INT was just bad. The 2nd INT, returned for a TD, clinched the game. At this point, he had been completely shut down with barely any yardage or even completions. Not 5 minutes earlier, the Denver offense got its first first down --the game was clinched. Then yes, he had a large number of 5 yard completions --congrats to the "best evva."

Seeker

Reaction score
Manning didn't choke, the media did.
it didn't take the worlds greatest reporter to figure out that a non mobile pocket passer vs the worlds most aggressive and athletic defense is a bad matchup. anyone with access to both teams, piles of footage and 2 weeks of nothing but media coverage should have shied away from the "manning is a shoe-in" talk and been more realistic. anyone could have seen this was going to be an uphill battle for the guy based on the fact that seattle wears people down.

- 2 points off of the center messing up the snap
- 7 points Demaryius (screw spelling that right) fumbling the ball after a great pass/completion
- 7 points off of percy harvin
- 7 points from kearse touchdown
- 7 points from Baldwin touchdown

he threw a few pics but that was way more on our defense then peyton just pooping the bed.

the media had this thing pegged wrong from the beginning (why is a qb who puts up these stats consistently and already had a ring having his legacy judged on a superbowl? why is a qb having his legacy judged before he has retired?)

the media created the expectations that made the broncos and manning the favorites in the first place. that's on them.

oh wait screw this WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Dalga

Reaction score
I saw a defense that didn't give away nuthin..... and took everything.

When your entire team (coachs and players) buys into each other, are ABSOLUTELY confident in each other....play like they KNOW they hit harder, play meaner, faster and stronger than whoever is lining up against them..... then you've got a Lombardi

This team played meaner and more confident than any team out there. Was the toughest team on the field on any given Sunday. Congrats yaw

Next season my Saints, San Fran and Seattle will do the dance again for the 1st seed and HFA. Enjoy being Champions!! cuz we want what you got and next year we takin it. WHO DAT!!!!!!!

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
plyka":22xixzxo said:
ivotuk":22xixzxo said:

Are you kidding me with this post, lol. I'm a Manning fan, but if you don't think he choked because he set an NFL record in garbage time for COMPLETIONS, most of which were 5 yards or less upon completion, you're completely deluding yourself. He had a HORRIBLE GAME. The first INT was just bad. The 2nd INT, returned for a TD, clinched the game. At this point, he had been completely shut down with barely any yardage or even completions. Not 5 minutes earlier, the Denver offense got its first first down --the game was clinched. Then yes, he had a large number of 5 yard completions --congrats to the "best evva."

No offense, I just can't agree with you.

You don't give the best D in the NFL, 2 weeks, to prepare for you.

You don't let them been taken out of the conversation, they didn't even get the backseat, they were straight left in the cold... you don't do that to the #1 Defense in the NFL.

There was no choking on Mannings part... our team just simply out played them, out muscled them, and intimidated their entire finesse offense. Manning was the only one not giving up, well him and Thomas. Everyone else was straight scared. His O-Line didn't know what hit them, his WRs went full turtle mode, and his RBs did absolutely nothing.

The Seahawks just played their brand of football and made the plays it wasn't nothing Manning really did on his part.

Defense Wins Championships. BOOM!

sc85sis

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":yf4lppur said:
The best quote I saw was this.

"It isn't so much that the Bronco's choked, It's more that they were strangled"
I made a statement to that effect on a USC board today. Seattle dominated this game and deserves the credit for making Peyton and the Broncos look bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
plyka":ofdkr47o said:
ivotuk":ofdkr47o said:

Whoa, easy there. Manning played pretty good, it was his line not keeping him clean and his receivers not getting open. Both those ints were on the o line.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Can't see how there can be any detractors today. They have to be complete morons to be detractors. My God, 43-8. ASSKICKING OF ALL TIME!

dbmack

Reaction score
I saw this in a comment section of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette website.

"Always wondered what the football equivalent of "Little Big Horn" would look like"

minormillikin

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":3sj0o2h4 said:
The best quote I saw was this.

"It isn't so much that the Bronco's choked, It's more that they were strangled"

This is true though, and it's my response to anyone saying Peyton "choked." Peyton did not choke, he was strangled. There is a big difference between choking, and getting strangled.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
They think Peyton choked for the same reason they think we were going to lose. You'd think they'd dig deeper into the mantra that Sherman, Thomas, and Bennett were the only defensive weapons we had while our nickels and LBs couldn't cover and deal with Welker and Moreno, and our DL couldn't touch Manning ad nauseum, but few will.

Peyton didn't choke. Choking would imply he already had the upper hand and surrendered it away. He never had the upper hand, the matchups were lopsided in our favor across the board. We broke up the few long passes he threw and he went mostly into checkdowns, screens, and slants mode, which beats lesser teams but only serves to lengthen drives against us and increase the probability of turnovers. It's exactly how we lured the likes of Brady and Brees into mistakes. Brady choked against our defense in 2012 more than Brees or Manning did this year IMO, he blew a lead.