Percy

ivotuk

Reaction score
Worth. Every. Penny. &Pick.

He loosened up Denver's defense the same way he did with the Saints. Dude is greased lightening and his 2nd half KO return for TD took all the wind out of Denver's sails. Troy Aikman said "the game is basically over now" shorting after that :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aristotle22":1qhwx528 said:
And we get him all year next year. Liking that

We get him for the next five years if we want.

ceej22

Reaction score
Can't wait for next season already! I bet we all love Bevell next season :)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ceej22":1nh1d9dv said:
Can't wait for next season already! I bet we all love Bevell next season :)

FIre Bevell! Didn't score enough points yesterday! :sarcasm_off:

yeah, it's amazing how much better our offense looks when our dynamic playmaker is actually on the field.

Loved the fly-sweep plays, totally put the fear in Denver realizing that he could gash them at will, really opened up and inside draw for Lynch.

253hawk

Reaction score
He was a fingertip away from turning that jet sweep into 6.

Offense is going to blow it up next season. Suck it, Harvin haters.

Sac

Reaction score
Another great aspect is that any other unlisted and minor nagging injuries he may have had are also healed.

It's amazing what a year off can do for the human body.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
253hawk":t6w4156r said:
He was a fingertip away from turning that jet sweep into 6.

Offense is going to blow it up next season. Suck it, Harvin haters.
:17:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bevell called an amazing game yesterday! If he called games like that all of the time I'd have NO problem with him.
He gets into his vanilla/predictable play calling ruts way to often for my liking, but yesterday was NOT one of those days, thank gawd! :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":9iqqapi7 said:
Bevell called an amazing game yesterday! If he called games like that all of the time I'd have NO problem with him.
He gets into his vanilla/predictable play calling ruts way to often for my liking, but yesterday was NOT one of those days, thank gawd! :)

Give Pete and Daryl props for learning their lesson with what happened to Percy in the NO game. Did you notice they didn't call for any Harvin across the middle routes where he could have been exposed to getting hurt?

It was all jet sweeps and quick screens.

Seeker

Reaction score
I almost don't wanna waste him on the regular season.
Can't drive the lambo everyday.

Anthony!

Reaction score
I think having Harvin helped but the play calling was way more aggressive than normal, and they actually gave RW an out let. Finally the play calling and game plan allowed Rw to be RW.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tbzh3wt said:
Sports Hernia":1tbzh3wt said:

Give Pete and Daryl props for learning their lesson with what happened to Percy in the NO game. Did you notice they didn't call for any Harvin across the middle routes where he could have been exposed to getting hurt?

It was all jet sweeps and quick screens.

Yeah I think it was ivotuk who was on this bandwagon early; do not throw to Percy in the middle of the field but rather feed him a steady diet of screens, handoffs, and kick returns where he can be aware of defenders at all time and protect himself.

Ivo was dead on and this worked like a charm. When Harvin has the ball in his hands his speed and body control at speed are big weapons that prevent him from being defenseless. This approach kept Percy out there all game and let him be the factor we've all been waiting for.

I think your entire offense could be that play where you have the option of handing to Percy on the jet sweep or handing to Marshawn and you'd give the defense fits. Throw in Russ keeping it and tossing it to where the LBs vacate every now and then and that 1 play with the 3 options would be difficult enough to stop that the mediocre Ds might never catch up to it.