The Radish

Reaction score
This morning I heard either on ESPN or Fox1 that Wilson is the only QB with

70% completion rate
200 yards
No interceptions
2 TDs

And not MVP.

They figured it was just because the D was so dominant.

I didn't hear if he had 70% but figured it was at least mid to high 60s.

:les:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I put 50 euros at 3:1 odds that Russell would win MVP

Too bad it didnt happen but Im over it. He kinda put up garbage time stats so I can why they didnt go with him

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You could make a decent argument for a lot of different people and that I feel is why we won as well as we did.

I had to laugh at the whiners who said that they hoped Wilson got the MVP as then he would have to get paid. It's a delightful hypocrisy they hold, they keep telling us Kaep is the better QB but he won't need to get paid. Go figure.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
72% completion rate, actually. And a 123.1 quarterback rating. His numbers were solid, Russell-like. Not spectacular yardage-wise, but definitely MVP-worthy. I'm fine with him not getting it though, because he himself will be fine with it too, and seeing a lunch-pail, 7th round former backup win it is a snapshot of this team. It's as close to a full-team MVP award as possible.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I thought this was such a team effort that there was no TRUE individual MVP. Malcolm Smith was as good as any individual, but I think the players understand that this was such a true team effort and that if it were possible that the entire Defense deserved the MVP for the entire season, up to AND including the Super Bowl

OutfieldGrass

Reaction score
I kept trying to figure out who I would have voted for. Wilson. Smith. Chancellor. After the complete team effort its hard to choose just one. In the end I think you could have picked a name out of a hat and had a solid choice for SB MVP.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think it just had to be a defensive player. Wilson was great though. Next superbowl will be Wilson's turn!

IcedHawk

Reaction score
I think since the defense dominated the Broncos O so badly, they had to pick someone on D. I wish the whole Defense could've gotten it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HE played well enough to get the MVP but giving it to a defensive guy was fine too. Rw not winning the MVP means little to weather we have to pay him or not, we will need to pay him, and I hope we do.

BlackDiamondHawk

Reaction score
Fitting that a defensive player got the MVP, but if Kearse had held onto that one ball in the end zone the choice may have been different.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
This encapsulates why the Seahawks continue to have a problem with recognition and respect outside of the PNW. RW is just finally being talked about after all morning of Manning talk. When a there are so many underdogs and contributors on this team it is great to a point. It will confuse the vast public about who were really key to your team play. Truth is RW played as well as Flacco last year. Truth is Cam and ET were key leaders who had more impact than Smith. We can argue all day and yes I can accept Smith as MVP but to continually allow and accept your LEADER qb being slighted DIMINISHES what he has done and therefore reduces the FACE of YOUR FRANCHISE. If it were Luck instead of Wilson this is a non issue because he is the media darling and would have won MVP.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
My vote would have been
1 Wilson because he is the most productive player who can be the face of Seahawks
2 Cam because he embodies our defensive toughness and play making
3 Harvin for game changing plays even without the ball.
4 Avril for his motor and impact directly affecting Peyton throws
5 Smith for his hustle and being in the right place right time.

mikeak

Reaction score
The drive that made it 15-0 instead of 8-0 -- does anyone remember how many 3rd down conversions RW had?

I think it was four at least

and somehow people keep talking about "garbage stat" in the second half......

just saying

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The whole team deserved MVP. There really were no standout players, which is awesome to me. Everyone elevated their game and they won it TOGETHER. I don't know if I have ever seen such a complete team effort before.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mikeak":3xci4hvs said:
The drive that made it 15-0 instead of 8-0 -- does anyone remember how many 3rd down conversions RW had?

I think it was four at least

and somehow people keep talking about "garbage stat" in the second half......

just saying

He was 4 for 4 on clutch 3rd downs. Made protection calls and extended plays. Those who minimize his play are either blind or Peyton/Luck fans. I guess they're the same.
RW aka no time for sleep is superbowl Champion before Luck and RG3.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
A lot of teams (all of them?) would love to be facing a decision like this. We had no less than half a dozen guys in consideration for Superbowl MVP! Good times!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1783jchy said:
A lot of teams (all of them?) would love to be facing a decision like this. We had no less than half a dozen guys in consideration for Superbowl MVP! Good times!
How many of those guys can media let alone average non hawks fans identify? The nation still continues to discuss how average our offense and qb is because our system relies on our defense. Problem is who on our defense is the face of our Seahawks. Even hawks fans get lost in such a simple question. I'll give you a hint. It usually is the quarterback for good reason.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Peter King says he voted for Avril -- I have a feeling the vote was spread among 3 or 4 guys.

Avril forced both 1st half picks so he should have won over Smith. That was the game right there.