Baldwin responds to Cris Carter

White Devil

Reaction score
"My man said that we were appetizers, he told me to Google him. I saw that he was a Hall of Famer, I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances. I would love to show him the Super Bowl ring and if he doesn't want to come and see it personally tell him to Google it."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/...cris-carter-criticism-seahawks-super-bowl-win

http://nesn.com/2014/02/cris-carter-talks-trash-to-doug-baldwin-after-seahawks-super-bowl-win/

Cris Carter, the classy guy that he is, then responds back with:

“They’re Super Bowl champions. They deserve that,” Carter said on SportsCenter. “It’s well beyond that. They need to be concerned with OTAs next year when he’s back to being the third or fourth guy. Congratulations tonight.”

What a giant bag of douche Carter is. It's one thing to make commentary, but he's made this personal, and that's not what his job is about. He was a very humble man until he finally got inducted into the Hall.

Axx

Reaction score
[youtube]TCeRR2BLamE[/youtube]

Baldwin could not have articulated a better response.

main

Reaction score
Re-sign Baldwin over Tate. Tate will want way too much money. He was a average WR during the playoffs.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Carter was hating so bad after the game, I loved it. He was talking about how we couldn't keep the team together because everyone is going to want to get paid, etc. etc. I couldn't believe how one person could be so classless and you could tell by the expression on his colleagues faces, that they were just as uncomfortable as him with what he was saying.

Hate, hate, hate... It made me happy. I can't believe we did it. Go hawks.

The Radish

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":2q504iya said:
Carter was hating so bad after the game, I loved it. He was talking about how we couldn't keep the team together because everyone is going to want to get paid, etc. etc. I couldn't believe how one person could be so classless and you could tell by the expression on his colleagues faces, that they were just as uncomfortable as him with what he was saying.

Then he said that a player has to be pedrestian since they didn't make big money. So you can't be a good player unless you're making big money.

:roll:

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Carter is going to do a "Come on, man!" piece involving Baldwin. CC is at the bottom of a very deep hole that he dug for himself. And while his pals at ESPN may try to toss him a rope or a sandwich or something, it's not gonna help because CC will just keep digging and digging.

What a clown! They say revenge is a dish best served cold. Well, Baldwin just served up a piping hot appetizer, main course, and dessert and shoved it down CC's bitter throat.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I always liked Chris Carter but man I've lost all respect. He's so bitter about not winning a super bowl..

OkieHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1pjminfd said:
I always liked Chris Carter but man I've lost all respect. He's so bitter about not winning a super bowl..

I used to respect him as well, not now. The vitriol that man spews is sickening and, quite frankly, embarrassing.

swissvale72

Reaction score
The Radish":3v1g1buh said:
seaNOmercy":3v1g1buh said:

Then he said that a player has to be pedrestian since they didn't make big money. So you can't be a good player unless you're making big money.

I missed Carter post-game, but this morning on Mike & Mike, he said that he did NOT say that the Seahawks receivers were "pedestrian." Did he, in fact, say that?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
main":2tlntt1j said:
Re-sign Baldwin over Tate. Tate will want way too much money. He was a average WR during the playoffs.

Percy was hurt all year... Tate was a stud this year and no way we make it this far without both those guys. I'm going to enjoy this win and not worry just yet worry about who we re-sign. I just know I hope this team can mostly stay together! I love all these guys because they all contributed to a seahawks championship. :thirishdrinkers:

The Radish

Reaction score
swissvale72":udoeq9yh said:
The Radish":udoeq9yh said:
seaNOmercy":udoeq9yh said:

I missed Carter post-game, but this morning on Mike & Mike, he said that he did NOT say that the Seahawks receivers were "pedestrian." Did he, in fact, say that?

He did in fact say that and our DBs were mediocre. But refused to admit it when called out in front of his ESPN partners.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
interesting

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 1h
Guessing not even @DougBaldwinJr knows he has more catches for more yards thru 3 seasons than the great Cris Carter had thru four.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Chris Carter can suck it. He should be embarrassed. Doug is better at life than him. Anything Carter says from here on out is irrelevant.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3n7x5njn said:
interesting

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 1h
Guessing not even @DougBaldwinJr knows he has more catches for more yards thru 3 seasons than the great Cris Carter had thru four.

Thats why I want to keep him. Baldwin just comes up huge time after time. He is better than Tate IMO