We have already won.

Reaction score
I have had time to reflect on this year , and all that has transpired. It's been a magical ride with all the winning, and the development of our young players.
I can't tell you how much this team has ment to me. I want to think the whole Seahawk organization for their hard work, and dedication! I also want to think the 12th. Man for raising the level of excellence.
It's very rare to have a love affair with an organization that the Seattle fans enjoy. All the years of frustration, and ridicule for me have been eradicated by this magical team .
Did fate bring us this team that so perfectly mirrors our psyche? Are we reaping some cosmic karma for being patient loyal fans?
I felt it was important to give this message before the outcome of tomorrows game win or lose , I will always love this team. When time grows short for me someday, I will always fondly remember the time I spent with my family ,and how this one magical team brought my family together on crisp fall autumn afternoons. Godspeed to the Seahawks tomorrow,and in the rest of their endeavors.

warden

Reaction score
This Pete Carroll era is absolutely awesome.

knewch

Reaction score
You bring up a great point. It really is about bringing family and friends together. This year more than ever I'm guilty of taking games way to seriously and letting the game dictate my mood (before, during, and after). Tomorrow is about good people, good food, and good times and for some reason for the first time this year I feel strangely calm, like I can sit back and enjoy the game for what it is. And if the Hawks bring home a Lombardi (and I think they will) after so many years of drought, then it's icing on the cake for an incredible season. Go Hawks!

irocdave

Reaction score
No, we haven't won yet. Been down this road several times, 05 Mariners, to many Sonic championship runs to mention in the 90's, that miracle season for the M's in the early 2000's ( Best coach we ever had in Seattle left afterwards because ownership wouldn't give him what he needed) 2005 Hawks SB debacle.

We haven't won squat. THIS IS OUR FRIGGIN YEAR. WE F"ING DESERVE THIS WIN TOMORROW. Don't settle for anything less. WE F"ING DESERVE A LOMBARDI!! Should have had one in 2005. THIS IS OUR F"ING YEAR AS SEATTLE FANS TO RAISE A CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. WE ARE NOT CLEVELAND! We are better fans and expect more and we have invested more in to this team.

WE GOT THIS! IT IS OUR YEAR!!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
irocdave":3n8dpxzm said:
No, we haven't won yet. Been down this road several times, 05 Mariners, to many Sonic championship runs to mention in the 90's, that miracle season for the M's in the early 2000's ( Best coach we ever had in Seattle left afterwards because ownership wouldn't give him what he needed) 2005 Hawks SB debacle.

We haven't won squat. THIS IS OUR FRIGGIN YEAR. WE F"ING DESERVE THIS WIN TOMORROW. Don't settle for anything less. WE F"ING DESERVE A LOMBARDI!! Should have had one in 2005. THIS IS OUR F"ING YEAR AS SEATTLE FANS TO RAISE A CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. WE ARE NOT CLEVELAND! We are better fans and expect more and we have invested more in to this team.

Boom!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1dkf9h68 said:
irocdave":1dkf9h68 said:

Boom!

Goes the Dynamite.

Win or Lose

<----- This Fan Isn't Dissappointed is Proud Either Way.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Great sentiment. So proud of this team. So happy to be a Seahawks fan. I see some of the doubters, and even some of the strange hate comin' are way, and I just couldn't give to licks of a poop.

Russell, Thomas, Bam-Bam, Sherm, Beast, Bennett, Avril, and on and on. No slouches, just gamers.

What a damn team.
What a damn season.

Love these guys!

Go Hawks, Boss!

sc85sis

Reaction score
warden":10zyd6qk said:
This Pete Carroll era is absolutely awesome.
I hope all the 12s will take time to fully enjoy this for however long Pete continues coaching.

It goes by so fast. 9 years at USC went by in a blink. Sure do miss seeing Pete in the sidelines at the Coli. I'm very grateful I've been able to follow him on the start of what I hope will be at least as successful a run in Seattle.

mikeak

Reaction score
Peyton already won one

Time for Seattle

Yes looking back it will be a successful season regardless but now it is win or lose in the one game left. You either succeed or flat out lose...

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3pqjfs03 said:
falcongoggles":3pqjfs03 said:
irocdave":3pqjfs03 said:

Boom!

Goes the Dynamite.

Win or Lose

<----- This Fan Isn't Dissappointed is Proud Either Way.
The seahawks could get blown out by 60 points and i would still be proud.
That being said, they could lose by 1 point due to Peyton throwing a miracle hail mary, and i would still be proud. BUT very disappointed. Yes, this was probably one of the most, if not the most, exciting Seahawks season to watch as a fan. But at some point the goal is to win the super bowl. And getting there and losing wouldnt do it for me. This season will mean NOTHING if they dont win this game. Yes, exciting to watch. But if it ends in a loss. Its just as pointless as not making the playoffs, or being a 1 and done in the playoffs.
Years down the road, the only way this will be a season to look back and remember, or want to remember, is if they win this last game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Color me the oddball here. I won't be giving a damn about friends and family until the final gun. A loss won't ruin this year for me. But I've lost enough friends and family since XL to know the importance of a win tomorrow. If not for me, for them. I'm unselfish like that. ; )

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Remember Mora? Dear God, I didn't either until I watched the Rain City Redemption series. The PC/JS era has wiped the slate clean and we're on track to be a force for years to come.
My 30yr fandom has been rewarded, so hells yeah we have already won!!

Even my wife is now a fan. And that's sayin' A LOT!!!

Go Hawks!!!

seahawksny

Reaction score
We haven won anything. Tired of our fans and media being satisfied with almost. Duke being ranked 17th this time of year is sign of failure. If we dont win, I'm sorry, it's nothing short of failure. I will stick by them thick and thin, but a loss will go down equal to what happened last year and the 30+ years in existence. FAILURE. not to say we havent come far, and that I'm not proud of these guys too but I can't disagree with you more

kjreid

Reaction score
What do you mean? You want this team to be remembered as the losers? Come on, if we lose this game, the Seahawks would have failed again. It is win at all cost IMO

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":ld6je7ox said:
We haven won anything. Tired of our fans and media being satisfied with almost. Duke being ranked 17th this time of year is sign of failure. If we dont win, I'm sorry, it's nothing short of failure. I will stick by them thick and thin, but a loss will go down equal to what happened last year and the 30+ years in existence. FAILURE. not to say we havent come far, and that I'm not proud of these guys too but I can't disagree with you more

Now I know where rumors of Seattle depression come from. If life is so black and white for you that you cannot enjoy the ride and reflect simply on the highs of an amazing season no matter the end result, it surely is a perilous existence.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Oh I'm enjoying it alright. I just want to put an end to this "be happy with second place" attitude that we have had for generations. that's why is victory will be so much sweeter because we haven't tasted it yet. also have people forgotten??? For twenty plus years this team from Colorado with puke colored orange jerseys was our biggest rival? I dont know how anybody won't be devastated if we dont come out on top!! Which I know we will!!!

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":1w41jb9s said:
Oh I'm enjoying it alright. I just want to put an end to this "be happy with second place" attitude that we have had for generations. that's why is victory will be so much sweeter because we haven't tasted it yet. also have people forgotten??? For twenty plus years this team from Colorado with puke colored orange jerseys was our biggest rival? I dont know how anybody won't be devastated if we dont come out on top!! Which I know we will!!!

I can second that sentiment. I just think the OP was going more for enjoying the moment and season outside the emotion of victory or loss in this final game (why he posted before the game), which I am on board with. We all surely will be riding the highs and lows of this game anticipating sweet, sweet, victory!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3gkqm4lm said:
seahawksny":3gkqm4lm said:

Now I know where rumors of Seattle depression come from. If life is so black and white for you that you cannot enjoy the ride and reflect simply on the highs of an amazing season no matter the end result, it surely is a perilous existence.

+1. I certainly won't be 'happy' with a loss, but some levity is in order. The best of both conferences are playing against each other, so it won't be a surprise to see the final score go either way. Somebody once said it's not so much the destination, but the journey, so our 'journey' will be somewhat of a consolation prize if things don't quite go our way.

Can't say I'll be on cloud 9 if we lose, but I won't be preparing to jump off a bridge either.

With that said, I don't see many ways that we lose this game. We will dominate this game. Go Hawks!