Why is this SB fever so much higher than the last one?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I mean I don't recall January 2006 being nearly as crazy around here, not just with the 12s aspect which is off the charts now, but just overall regional enthusiasm. Is it just my aging memory? This place is for more nuts this time!

I love it!!!

Erebus

Reaction score
Probably because we have a much better team this year. And have a lot more interesting personalities on this team, which leads to more national attention.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Social media...team identity. Beast Mode. RW. Personalities. LOB.

kjreid

Reaction score
I don't know where you got that idea, it was crazy for that Super Bowl. I think the technology now shows more of the craziness real time than in 2006.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Personalities on both sides.

The new perfect offense vs the old school perfect defense.

A humble, awe-shucks legendary QB vs the brash, loud mouthed youngster at CB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Russell Wilson to me is the main reason. His personality, story, character, class...He has it all and it's extremely difficult (unless your a hater) not to be moved and inspired by him. Add to that the great characters/personalities on our team and the great job the local media and even national media at times has done of allowing you to get to know the players behind the facemasks and you get that same successful marketing that the M's enjoyed ("You Gotta Love These Guys!") coming off the success of the 1995 magical season that captured the hearts of the city and beyond.

Social media is also a HUGE difference as well. The reach is global and instant.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Because we didn't expect the Seahawks to actually make the Super Bowl in 2005. We were shocked. We expected this team to make it back before the season began.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Pete Carroll bandwagon has carried a lot of folks.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
One thing I notice is in the year prior to our last 13-3 season SB appearance we were 9-7, pretty uninspiring lead in to 2005.

This time our lead in was an 11-5 bang bang finish and a super overdrive approach to this season.

The amperage alone is a day and night comparison!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't recall it being any less crazier than now. It was our first time, we had Alexander, Hass, Walter and Hutch. Everyone was pretty jacked up. I think what happened with the refs diminished people's memories of how excited they were back then.

warden

Reaction score
Crizilla":2px5899n said:
Russell Wilson.

The focal point of our offense is Marshawn Lynch

Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennet, like to say high

It is not all about the QB

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I think it's because we're in the 2nd year of being one of the NFL's truly elite teams... and we're so young and fast... and just plain fun to watch, especially the defense.

Back in '05, we had one year of being at or near the top of the NFL... and then it was back to mediocrity or worse.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Crizilla":1wgqgwj9 said:
Russell Wilson.
This.......

Sarlacc83":1wgqgwj9 said:
Because Seattle's defense can make its case for best in NFL history.
and this.....

tom sawyer":1wgqgwj9 said:
One thing I notice is in the year prior to our last 13-3 season SB appearance we were 9-7, pretty uninspiring lead in to 2005.

This time our lead in was an 11-5 bang bang finish and a super overdrive approach to this season.

The amperage alone is a day and night comparison!
and this.....

Trenchbroom":1wgqgwj9 said:
Because we didn't expect the Seahawks to actually make the Super Bowl in 2005. We were shocked. We expected this team to make it back before the season began.
and this IMO. I think you guys have all hit on reasons why.

253hawk

Reaction score
We overachieved so hard in 2005. A decade of .500-ish seasons and then bam...#1 seed, sneaking by the Skins and crushing a beat-up Panthers team. Alexander got yards but didn't get them with the panache that Lynch does. Hasselbeck was always on the cusp between decent and great (no thanks to We Want The Ball And We're Gonna Score!) Our WR's were fairly nameless and you never knew if they were going to drop a catch or barely hang onto it. The defense had talent but was streaky and didn't have any solid names other than Tatupu. We won too many games on the leg of Josh Brown. No one really felt threatened by Seattle. Everyone thought "That's so cute they finally made it to the SB."

This Carroll-era team was built to be physical, win or lose. They'll not only make you earn a win, but take away the joy in doing it by beating you up. It has destroyed the hopes and dreams of other fan bases and it's not only hated for that, but because of its attitude and success in general. In the blink of an eye, Seattle went from a team of "Where the hell is Seattle? Who are those guys?" to "God I hate that team and its fans."

"The world is against us. It wouldn't be fair otherwise."
http://i.imgur.com/OKucYeb.jpg

Latest posts