Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: one thing i hate about super bowl parties
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:00 am 
NET Veteran

Is its hard to really sit down and focus on the game. Drinking, food, and all the people seem to take away from the game. The only reason I'm going is because of lots of family members will be there and stuff. I want to dissect every play when its happening. At least the halftime show is a great time to get away from the tv

I'm thinking about staying in the basement like that broncos fan in the bud light commercial haha. Jk

Post subject: Re: one thing i hate about super bowl parties
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

I never watch important games (and theyre all important) in a bar or party environment for just that reason. If its a non Seahawks game I will..but the Super Bowl is watched in my living room despite some amazing parties Ive been invited to here in Tokyo by people who know Im a Seahawk die hard.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 am 
NET Starter

I will be watching by myself in my basement. I told my wife no party this year, the game is too important. She is going to our neighbors Super Bowl party

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 am 
NET Veteran

That's pretty cool you're in Tokyo. Would love to see how much Seahawk love there is there

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 am 
NET Veteran

Vetamur wrote:
I never watch important games (and theyre all important) in a bar or party environment for just that reason. If its a non Seahawks game I will..but the Super Bowl is watched in my living room despite some amazing parties Ive been invited to here in Tokyo by people who know Im a Seahawk die hard.

I'm the same way, I watch it alone, usually at home, with lots of alcohol and lots of food, and .net chat.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:31 am 
NET Starter

One upside is I find games much less stressful when watching with other people. Watching alone can be torture at times

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:36 am 
NET Rookie

I gave up on SB parties a long time ago. I found that I wasn't able to enjoy the game because of all the distractions.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:40 am 
NET Veteran

Easy fix, don't try and entertain people. Just ignore them and watch the game and let the Seahawks do the entertaining. I like getting friends and family together for games because it's awesome to share a win with and easier to share a loss with.

Last edited by AF_Hawk on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:42 am 
* NET Staff *

Just me and my fellow-12 son tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:45 am 
NET Pro Bowler

I have gone to a Super Bowl party every year.

Except for in 2005. And I'm not going to one tomorrow.

For the same reasons, I just can't watch in a casual environment with people who care more about the commercials.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:49 am 
NET Veteran

A game like this I'll be pacing around like a mad man. Probably won't be able to sit. I'll be thankful to have friends and family around to keep me from losing my damn mind

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:53 am 
NET Practice Squad

I agree. Parties suck for a game like this. Immediate family and one Seahawks fan buddy. And enough food for 20.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 am 
NET Veteran

We are very particular on who we invite. Not only do they have to be completely into the game but so does their spouse. My wife can't stand a spouse that is really not into football, who shows up because they can't handle their husband doing something without them. That spouse thinks it is OK to talk to my wife about non football stuff. It drives my wife nuts. The Seahawks are playing, the only thing to pay attention to is the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 am 
NET Veteran

a lot of people at these parties generally are not even football fans...more or less turns into a gab session. staying at home!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:16 am 
NET Rookie

HawkFan72 wrote:
I have gone to a Super Bowl party every year.

Except for in 2005. And I'm not going to one tomorrow.

For the same reasons, I just can't watch in a casual environment with people who care more about the commercials.

:13:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:16 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

If I didn't have a DVR to record and save the game, there's no way in Hell I would be attending a friend's party tomorrow. No way.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 am 
NET Rookie

My wife is funny.

Whenever one of my teams is playing, particular my Alma mater, K-State, she is a casual watcher, sometimes doing annoying things to make me furious. If we're watching a K-State game, and K-State has a first quarter like the Seahawks had two weeks ago, she'll mutter, "I don't think they're gonna win, babe." If they end up losing, she says, "Oh well, that's too bad." If I scream and rage, she'll say, "Calm down, you're upsetting the cats." And the worst, the absolute worst of all, is if I'm sitting on the sofa, watching a really tight game, she'll lay on the sofa, put her feet in my lap, and say, "Rub my feet while you're watching football."

WHAT? WHAT? THERE'S NO FOOT-RUBBING IN FOOTBALL! THERE IS NO FOOT-RUBBING IN FOOTBALL!

Then her Seahawks had the year that they've been having. Tables have turned.

These last two playoff games, she has been screaming so loud that I'm tempted to go out in the front yard in a smoking jacket with a snifter of brandy, look at my obnoxious neighbors, and say, "That's right, mo-fo, who's da man?" In the NFCCC, when the Seahawks fell behind 10 points, I said, "I don't think they're gonna win, babe. You want to watch a movie on Netflix?"

Yes, I'm a dick, but after getting it from her when watching games she doesn't care about, it's nice to turn it back around. For the record, I LOVE seeing her this passionate about the game. It's nice to be involved in football-watching with a wife who acts like a good football-watching pal, not a casual observer who wants ill-timed foot rubs. When Sherm made The Tip, she was on the floor, kicking and screaming. I've never seen her like this for a game. (suffice to say, I got some that night)

Last week, my cousin and his wife invited us over for the game. They don't have a dog in this hunt, but his wife is a Stanford grad, and she "hates cheatin' Pete" and also thinks Peyton "deserves" another ring. My wife said:

"I love your cousins, but NO WAY am I watching THIS Superb Owl with THEM! I won't be able to scream! I won't be able to jump up and down and kick! I won't be able to roll on the floor! Worst of all, they'll want to TALK through the whole game! And what's worse, every time they cheer for something the Broncos do, I'll want to murder both of them! We're watching this Superb Owl at home, just the two of us, with the windows closed and the curtains drawn so I can DO WHAT I WANT!"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:23 am 
NET Practice Squad

And with kids it can be even worse. Mine are a little older so its not really an issue, plus they know I'm a complete psycho when it come to the Seahawks. Watching at someone else's house with kids running around can drive you crazy. You want to toss them out the window so you can concentrate.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:30 am 
NET Veteran

Agree OP - so I told the wife just a few people can come over

We have 19ppl here tomorrow.......

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 am 
NET Veteran

No way! Party time comes after the win. I watch in my cave with my son Belgian beer, snackmix, peanuts, pistachios. Squeezing my hawk football and spiking it when we score.

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:52 am 
NET Veteran

Crizilla wrote:
Is its hard to really sit down and focus on the game. Drinking, food, and all the people seem to take away from the game. The only reason I'm going is because of lots of family members will be there and stuff. I want to dissect every play when its happening. At least the halftime show is a great time to get away from the tv

I'm thinking about staying in the basement like that broncos fan in the bud light commercial haha. Jk

Staying home alone watching the game by myself. Hawks gear all around surround sound up loud sitting 6 feet from my 60" TV :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 am 
NET Veteran

My wife wants to go to a party really badly to be around other 12's. I despise Super Bowl parties. If you're lucky enough to get a seat, it is gone the second you stand up to go to the bathroom. You can't hear anything on the tv over all of the talking about the last set of commercials, you've got people walking in front of the tv all game long. Now I've got a 1 year old son, and I'm sure my wife will be chatting and I will be chasing him around all game. I'm thinking of just taking him to the zoo during the game, and then coming home after the game to watch it by myself on the DVR.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:25 am 
NET Starter

I'm literally going to be a wreck tomorrow. I'm not going to enjoy watching this game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:48 am 
NET Veteran

My predicament. Gf wants to watch alone with her 2 kids (2 and 5), bunch of friends want to go to the bar. I want a small house gathering. Maybe 15 people tops. Low key. I want people around but I wanna hear the game and be able to pay attention

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am 
NET Veteran

Its a moment I'll look back on and be thankful I got to share it with my close friends and family. Nothing like watching football with food, booze, and high-fives all around

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:59 am 
NET Rookie

I usually attend a party with my fantasy league friends but not tomorrow. During that party in 06, there were kids and i hated having to keep my thoughts and words quiet. That made a frustrating game much more frustrating. Tomorrow, I'm either going to be in my basement watching by myself (wife and kids upstairs) or I'll be at a buddies with just him and me screaming.

GO HAWKS!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:04 am 
NET Pro Bowler

The Superb Owl is the championship game of professional football, not an excuse to party. If you're a true football fan to the core, Superb Owl parties suck.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:07 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

I just bought a new 60" tv and my wife and I will be parked in front of it with just my parents there. Food will be cooked before the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

No large parties here either, no way. I need to be able to focus on the game.

It's just going to be me and a golfing partner and his son 14, my son also 14 and daughter 18.

What really kinda sucks right now is I am laid up (broken ankle) and won't be able to pace. Oh man, if this game is close, this is going to be agony.

I want/NEED a BLOW OUT!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 am 
NET Rookie

I will be watching with just my closest relatives. When the Hawks made it 8 years ago, I wanted to watch it in seclusion. No distractions. Just the wife and I. Well, that didn't work out too well, so I'm letting more people in to my world this time. Plus I've always said after that last one that if the Hawks ever make it back, I'm going to try to enjoy the overall experience more this time. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Sure there will be some minor distractions, but maybe having more relatives around will help calm me down.

Last edited by James in PA on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 am 
NET Rookie

Do huge parties every year, not in 05, and not tomorrow either. Just my wife and my sister. Will do all of the cooking tonight first thing tomorrow. Both of them know to leave me alone during the game.

Win or lose, I am having an after party, so all the guys can still come over and celebrate or watch me cry.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:14 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm having a party for sure.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:14 pm 
NET Rookie

No clue how you guys can sit at home alone and watch a Seahawks game, especially this one lol. A couple friends are trying to talk me into going into Seattle for the game. Not gonna do that but will be having a party at my place. I've gone out to the bar for 3 or 4 games this season. Always a blast but everywhere will be a madhouse and 10 dollar beer night is just crazy.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:18 pm 
NET Veteran

keatonisballin wrote:
No clue how you guys can sit at home alone and watch a Seahawks game, especially this one lol. A couple friends are trying to talk me into going into Seattle for the game. Not gonna do that but will be having a party at my place. I've gone out to the bar for 3 or 4 games this season. Always a blast but everywhere will be a madhouse and 10 dollar beer night is just crazy.

Maybe they are all :les:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Every year I throw a huge Super Bowl party, except this year. I only watch Seahawks games with a few trusted people and the wife. I watched XL with a bunch of people I hardly knew and it ended up being a miserable experience.

I don't like getting asked stupid questions when I'm watching a Seahawks game. I'll watch football with people and be helpful, but not when its the Seahawks.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:38 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I'll be hosting a "small gathering" of rabid 12's.
No kids. No bandwagoner's. No distractions.
I'm all about that boss

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]