Jaworski is a genius!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He has such nuggets of wisdom, like this one from this morning:

"Great safeties like Thomas can be easier to move and manipulate."

Hmmm, OK, I guess bad safeties are better?

How does this doofus keep getting paid?

Nog

Reaction score
Oh wow. He is such a football genius!!! How did he get hired?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jaworski has been rolling tape of Winfield getting torched in the pre season to explain why our nickel coverage is suspect.
When Jaws finally settles on the knob he wished to slobber on, he does not mess around making sure the recipient, in this case manning, is fully satisfied.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Here's the context: he and Hoge were giving each other back rubs on NFL Matchup and getting all excited over a couple of cherry-picked clips from the Indy and Houston games. If you saw those clips, you'd think Earl and Sherm were awful. And, of course, these were the ones used as evidence that Manning was going to carve up the LOB.

They even mentioned that Manning would challenge Sherm often because of the Ducks comment. (Manning won't do that because he's not an idiot.)

And, of course they picked Denver. I don't have a problem with the picks, but if they based their analysis on what happened five months ago, then they are idiots.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Reaneypark":xmqt3n20 said:
Here's the context: he and Hoge were giving each other back rubs on NFL Matchup and getting all excited over a couple of cherry-picked clips from the Indy and Houston games. If you saw those clips, you'd think Earl and Sherm were awful. And, of course, these were the ones used as evidence that Manning was going to carve up the LOB.

They even mentioned that Manning would challenge Sherm often because of the Ducks comment. (Manning won't do that because he's not an idiot.)

And, of course they picked Denver. I don't have a problem with the picks, but if they based their analysis on what happened five months ago, then they are idiots.
ESPN is fast turning into the poster child of bad analysis. Dilfer was showing footage of Maragos and some other backups getting beat for a TD pass while leading 41-13 over the Vikings. He provided no context, but was sure to say Manning would be taking advantage of that look from our D.

I have seen so little "expert" analysis of the Wilson/Bronco D that it makes me wonder if our 8th ranked scoring team will even be allowed on the football field.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How did 5000 yards thrower Drew Brees carve us again? Didn't he have like 34 yards at half time (or something like that)? Yea, Drew threw a little more in the second half, but was lucky we missed 2 clear INTs.
I don't have any doubt Manning will air it out, but how many of them will be picked up? Last time Manning was in SB, he had 1TD and 1 INT.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I hope Dilfer is right. I have no issues with Manning beating Maragos with the Hawks holding a 24 point lead.

birdman5

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ugwdd3l said:
Jaworski has been rolling tape of Winfield getting torched in the pre season to explain why our nickel coverage is suspect.
When Jaws finally settles on the knob he wished to slobber on, he does not mess around making sure the recipient, in this case manning, is fully satisfied.
Great comic releaf. Thanks!

FormerEvil

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":kl3acfiy said:
I hope Dilfer is right. I have no issues with Manning beating Maragos with the Hawks holding a 24 point lead.

this 100%

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought about making this its own thread but honestly, I don't want more negative threads the day before the SB so I will keep this in here.

Hater is a strong word but to my eyes and ears in recent years, the ones that stick out to me as "Anti Seahawk" in general tone, for whatever strange reason:

Jaws. Doesn't want to give the Seahawks any real credit, especially Wilson.

Kurt Warner. I can't stand listening to him. If it's not a backhanded compliment, it's the constant talk that Wilson is merely a game manager. Apparently he thinks real QB's are pocket passers only.

Dilfer. Dude has a serious case of the Butt Hurts. All those chants of "Hasselbeck! Hasselbeck! Hasselbeck!" must still ring through his chrome dome like it was yesterday.

Hoge. A pompous douche by nature, he seems to be allergic to picking Seattle for any reason whatsoever. Also see Cowhler.

Faulk. Maybe it's the old NFC West rivalry thing but he used to take shots and say things like, "Nobody pays attention to Seattle", or "Since when did anybody care about Seattle?" Although recently he's softened his tone and actually been complimentary.

Brian Billick. I've never understood what his problem was with the Seahawks but all of his analysis is always tinged with this general negative tone towards us. While I have seen him offer fair analysis, often times he will pick against the Seahawks with no real solid reason to do so...A classic sign of Anti-Seahawkism.

The Skip Baylesses of the world need no mention due to the obviousness.

Those Former Anti Seahawk Who Have Started To Come Around

Heath Evans. He used to have such a stick up his ass about the Seahawks it was clearly personal. Having played for us years ago. Now, he seems to be one of our most ardent supporters on NFL Network. I think he still sounds like a meathead, but I give him credit for looking past whatever slight he felt from his playing days with us and giving fair and honest analysis about our team, especially defensively.

Michael Irvin. Molded from the "I Was A SB, All-Pro Cowboy, Who The Hell Are The Seahawks And Why Are We Talking About Them?" mold, Irvin has become a bona-fide, card-carrying 12 it seems. He took a lot of heat last year and decided to get on the bandwagon going so far as wearing a Seahawks jersey and Hawk Head on camera. It's clear that his interviews with Wilson and the team has forced Irvin to see the light. Also, see: Deon Sanders.

There's others. Feel free to add to the list.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
ESPN = Skip this channel when it comes to serious football talk.
NFL Network = Very good insight from most players and coaches.

We are always going to have haters that can't separate themselves from there analysis.

I don't get all butt hurt about people and their opinions , because you know the saying "everyone has one".
I would much rather people just talk us down and build up the Ponies. Then watch everyone eat crow at the
end of the game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Manning is the recipient of the media's long lasting love with QBs who are amazing in the regular season and then flame out when the games matter. See: Favre, Brett; Marino, Dan...

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I actually think Billick is coming around. He really loves his "toxic differential" crap and since we are far and away the #1 team by that measure, he's slowly changing his tune.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
The Majority of the media ive listened to has just assumed Manning will not be stopped and that our defense will struggle a lot against him. Thinking we only have Sherman and Thomas on D and nothing else and Manning can just pick apart the defense going against everyone else. That he will pick apart the cover 3 defense and that because we dont disguise our looks it will be easy for him to beat.

And then the other argument is underrating our offense. Talking about all Denver has to do is shut down Lynch and then we will struggle a ton to score any points. Having Harvin back will open alot of things up and I see Wilson being able to run alot more than he has been able to because I dont see the Denver LBs or DE doing a good job on containing him if they are worried about stopping Lynch as much as the media has made it out to be. I hope they realize we scored 23 points against the 49ers and Saints. Its not like we have been winning games 10-7 or something.

One%20Does%20Not%20Simply%20Tackle%20Beast%20Mode%20Redone.jpg

Rickomatic

Reaction score
You need to remember that Jaws played long before the league instituted it's concussion protocol.......

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1gkkc6vo said:

I know that pre-season pass rush was missing some major pieces too, it had two rookies (Mayowa,Hill) standing in for Clemons and a much improved McDonald. Tony McDaniel aslo was not available for that game and I think Tony McDaniel's ability to collapse the pocket with his length is also an underrated aspect to the Seahawks defense.

AVL

Reaction score
Rickomatic":3thhmabm said:
You need to remember that Jaws played long before the league instituted it's concussion protocol.......

As did Bradshaw, who might be picking us just to be contrary.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34ryq28r said:
I have seen so little "expert" analysis of the Wilson/Bronco D that it makes me wonder if our 8th ranked scoring team will even be allowed on the football field.

That's the maddening thing for me. It's not like we were in the bottom half of the league in scoring this season but for some reason the 22nd ranked Denver defense is more capable of shutting down the 8th ranked offense than the #1 defense is of shutting down the #1 offense?