Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Jaworski is a genius!
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:01 am 
NET Veteran

He has such nuggets of wisdom, like this one from this morning:

"Great safeties like Thomas can be easier to move and manipulate."

Hmmm, OK, I guess bad safeties are better?

How does this doofus keep getting paid?

Post subject: Re: Jaworski is a genius!
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:10 am 
NET Veteran

I guess he means ...that
...uhh......idk

wtf

hmm

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:19 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Oh wow. He is such a football genius!!! How did he get hired?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:22 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Jaworski has been rolling tape of Winfield getting torched in the pre season to explain why our nickel coverage is suspect.
When Jaws finally settles on the knob he wished to slobber on, he does not mess around making sure the recipient, in this case manning, is fully satisfied.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 am 
NET Veteran

Here's the context: he and Hoge were giving each other back rubs on NFL Matchup and getting all excited over a couple of cherry-picked clips from the Indy and Houston games. If you saw those clips, you'd think Earl and Sherm were awful. And, of course, these were the ones used as evidence that Manning was going to carve up the LOB.

They even mentioned that Manning would challenge Sherm often because of the Ducks comment. (Manning won't do that because he's not an idiot.)

And, of course they picked Denver. I don't have a problem with the picks, but if they based their analysis on what happened five months ago, then they are idiots.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Reaneypark wrote:
Here's the context: he and Hoge were giving each other back rubs on NFL Matchup and getting all excited over a couple of cherry-picked clips from the Indy and Houston games. If you saw those clips, you'd think Earl and Sherm were awful. And, of course, these were the ones used as evidence that Manning was going to carve up the LOB.

They even mentioned that Manning would challenge Sherm often because of the Ducks comment. (Manning won't do that because he's not an idiot.)

And, of course they picked Denver. I don't have a problem with the picks, but if they based their analysis on what happened five months ago, then they are idiots.

ESPN is fast turning into the poster child of bad analysis. Dilfer was showing footage of Maragos and some other backups getting beat for a TD pass while leading 41-13 over the Vikings. He provided no context, but was sure to say Manning would be taking advantage of that look from our D.

I have seen so little "expert" analysis of the Wilson/Bronco D that it makes me wonder if our 8th ranked scoring team will even be allowed on the football field.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:54 am 
*The Prophet*

How did 5000 yards thrower Drew Brees carve us again? Didn't he have like 34 yards at half time (or something like that)? Yea, Drew threw a little more in the second half, but was lucky we missed 2 clear INTs.
I don't have any doubt Manning will air it out, but how many of them will be picked up? Last time Manning was in SB, he had 1TD and 1 INT.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:40 am 
NET Starter

I hope Dilfer is right. I have no issues with Manning beating Maragos with the Hawks holding a 24 point lead.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:40 am 
NET Rookie

Scottemojo wrote:
Jaworski has been rolling tape of Winfield getting torched in the pre season to explain why our nickel coverage is suspect.
When Jaws finally settles on the knob he wished to slobber on, he does not mess around making sure the recipient, in this case manning, is fully satisfied.

Great comic releaf. Thanks!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:28 am 
NET Practice Squad

HawkRiderFan wrote:
I hope Dilfer is right. I have no issues with Manning beating Maragos with the Hawks holding a 24 point lead.

this 100%

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 am 
NET Starter

:shock: ummm what?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:57 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

I thought about making this its own thread but honestly, I don't want more negative threads the day before the SB so I will keep this in here.

Hater is a strong word but to my eyes and ears in recent years, the ones that stick out to me as "Anti Seahawk" in general tone, for whatever strange reason:

Jaws. Doesn't want to give the Seahawks any real credit, especially Wilson.

Kurt Warner. I can't stand listening to him. If it's not a backhanded compliment, it's the constant talk that Wilson is merely a game manager. Apparently he thinks real QB's are pocket passers only.

Dilfer. Dude has a serious case of the Butt Hurts. All those chants of "Hasselbeck! Hasselbeck! Hasselbeck!" must still ring through his chrome dome like it was yesterday.

Hoge. A pompous douche by nature, he seems to be allergic to picking Seattle for any reason whatsoever. Also see Cowhler.

Faulk. Maybe it's the old NFC West rivalry thing but he used to take shots and say things like, "Nobody pays attention to Seattle", or "Since when did anybody care about Seattle?" Although recently he's softened his tone and actually been complimentary.

Brian Billick. I've never understood what his problem was with the Seahawks but all of his analysis is always tinged with this general negative tone towards us. While I have seen him offer fair analysis, often times he will pick against the Seahawks with no real solid reason to do so...A classic sign of Anti-Seahawkism.

The Skip Baylesses of the world need no mention due to the obviousness.

Those Former Anti Seahawk Who Have Started To Come Around

Heath Evans. He used to have such a stick up his ass about the Seahawks it was clearly personal. Having played for us years ago. Now, he seems to be one of our most ardent supporters on NFL Network. I think he still sounds like a meathead, but I give him credit for looking past whatever slight he felt from his playing days with us and giving fair and honest analysis about our team, especially defensively.

Michael Irvin. Molded from the "I Was A SB, All-Pro Cowboy, Who The Hell Are The Seahawks And Why Are We Talking About Them?" mold, Irvin has become a bona-fide, card-carrying 12 it seems. He took a lot of heat last year and decided to get on the bandwagon going so far as wearing a Seahawks jersey and Hawk Head on camera. It's clear that his interviews with Wilson and the team has forced Irvin to see the light. Also, see: Deon Sanders.

There's others. Feel free to add to the list.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 am 
NET Rookie

ESPN = Skip this channel when it comes to serious football talk.
NFL Network = Very good insight from most players and coaches.

We are always going to have haters that can't separate themselves from there analysis.

I don't get all butt hurt about people and their opinions , because you know the saying "everyone has one".
I would much rather people just talk us down and build up the Ponies. Then watch everyone eat crow at the
end of the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:34 am 
* NET Philistine *

Manning is the recipient of the media's long lasting love with QBs who are amazing in the regular season and then flame out when the games matter. See: Favre, Brett; Marino, Dan...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I actually think Billick is coming around. He really loves his "toxic differential" crap and since we are far and away the #1 team by that measure, he's slowly changing his tune.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:39 am 
NET Veteran

The Majority of the media ive listened to has just assumed Manning will not be stopped and that our defense will struggle a lot against him. Thinking we only have Sherman and Thomas on D and nothing else and Manning can just pick apart the defense going against everyone else. That he will pick apart the cover 3 defense and that because we dont disguise our looks it will be easy for him to beat.

And then the other argument is underrating our offense. Talking about all Denver has to do is shut down Lynch and then we will struggle a ton to score any points. Having Harvin back will open alot of things up and I see Wilson being able to run alot more than he has been able to because I dont see the Denver LBs or DE doing a good job on containing him if they are worried about stopping Lynch as much as the media has made it out to be. I hope they realize we scored 23 points against the 49ers and Saints. Its not like we have been winning games 10-7 or something.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 am 
NET Bench Warmer

You need to remember that Jaws played long before the league instituted it's concussion protocol.......

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:19 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:

I know that pre-season pass rush was missing some major pieces too, it had two rookies (Mayowa,Hill) standing in for Clemons and a much improved McDonald. Tony McDaniel aslo was not available for that game and I think Tony McDaniel's ability to collapse the pocket with his length is also an underrated aspect to the Seahawks defense.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:35 am 
NET Starter

Rickomatic wrote:
You need to remember that Jaws played long before the league instituted it's concussion protocol.......

As did Bradshaw, who might be picking us just to be contrary.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:45 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
I have seen so little "expert" analysis of the Wilson/Bronco D that it makes me wonder if our 8th ranked scoring team will even be allowed on the football field.

That's the maddening thing for me. It's not like we were in the bottom half of the league in scoring this season but for some reason the 22nd ranked Denver defense is more capable of shutting down the 8th ranked offense than the #1 defense is of shutting down the #1 offense?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Speaking specifically about Frisco Ron Jaworski, here's the thing guys especially as it relates to his attitude about Russ: He did a piece on Krapperdink this past offseason and slobbered all over the guy to the point that he said Colon could become one of the best 5 QBs EVER to play in the NFL. He forgot that about 75% of playing the position is about brains, likely cuz he didn't/doesn't have them, and now that Colon showed very little growth in his thought process including throwing THREE key interceptions in the NFCCG he's looking like the douche he is or maybe it just reminds him of his own failure in the Super Bowl. Furthermore, even with a bit of a slump the second half of this season, Russ has shown the traits that will likely lead him into the HOF, smarts to the point that he throws very few "bad" interceptions and a knack for making the big play when his team needs it most instead of making the bad play when his team needs him the most like Colon does.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:33 am 
* Gangnameister *

His Kap comments kill me...

This is the guy who's always going on and on about dumb shit like elbow angles and feet positioning and shoulder height and other dumb shit when it comes to throwing a football. Then he says KAP is going to be the greatest ever!? Hasn't he even SEEN Kap throw a football? His throwing motion looks like he's trying to hurl a turkey over a fence! THAT'S your g.o.a.t.?

Shut the front door Jaws...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:43 am 
NET Bench Warmer

E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

That's the maddening thing for me. It's not like we were in the bottom half of the league in scoring this season but for some reason the 22nd ranked Denver defense is more capable of shutting down the 8th ranked offense than the #1 defense is of shutting down the #1 offense?

But the Broncos have POT ROAST, whose butt is 53 1/3 yards wide!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Reaneypark wrote:
He has such nuggets of wisdom, like this one from this morning:

"Great safeties like Thomas can be easier to move and manipulate."

Hmmm, OK, I guess bad safeties are better?

How does this doofus keep getting paid?

I'm thinking he took 1 too many shots to his fat noggin during his playing days............ or he is just plain stupid!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:34 pm 
NET Rookie

You people are just jealous of him and his accurate analysis. Look at his genius prediction of Kaaepernick turning into the BEST QB EVER. Seahawks fans can't handle the truth n facts!
:sarcasm_off:

Last edited by seadoc30 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Reaneypark wrote:

Back Rubs? :lol: ....um.....okay

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 pm 
NET Veteran

Rickomatic wrote:

THIS^

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:11 pm 
NET Veteran

This guy also said flacco was a top 5 qb entering the season and Rodgers was the best qb in the league. He knows nothing.
Also I am a billick fan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 pm 
NET Rookie

He also picked the Eagles over the Saints, and said Indy would beat the Patriots.

-Percy Harvin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:48 pm 
NET Veteran

Reaneypark wrote:

Don't worry and get ready for the comedy that's going to come after this game is over. The excuses from ESPN will be FLOWING like the unstoppable Amazon. It will be glorious, and they will consist of:

1) The refs didn't call it right
2) Everyone has a bad game
3) Everyone gets lucky
4) Wilson is random, this was one of his randomly good games
5) Let's just ignore it, and not bring up all our predictions

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm 
NET Veteran

plyka wrote:
Reaneypark wrote:

Don't worry and get ready for the comedy that's going to come after this game is over. The excuses from ESPN will be FLOWING like the unstoppable Amazon. It will be glorious, and they will consist of:

1) The refs didn't call it right
2) Everyone has a bad game
3) Everyone gets lucky
4) Wilson is random, this was one of his randomly good games
5) Let's just ignore it, and not bring up all our predictions

Or they'll just blame it on Bennett knocking Manning out of the game in the 2nd series with a broken rib... Many a tear will be shed in donkey land tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:01 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Rickomatic wrote:

Oh, that made me laugh hard!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]