Super Bowl view from The Mirror "Newspaper" in England...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I added parenthesis on "Newspaper", because almost every paper over there is like the National Enquirer over here.

This article is hilarious just for the way it's worded.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-spo ... uw9Pmd3uRs

This is just a little snippet...

Who are the ones to watch?

The Broncos boast the best offense in the NFL and, led by the future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning, have broken nearly every scoring record in the book on their way to the Super Bowl. Manning will be Denver's key man and his battle with Seattle's #1 ranked defence promises to be fascinating.

Denver wide receiver Demaryius Thomas had himself a day to remember in the AFC Championship game on Sunday and will be the man Seattle need to shut down the most if they're to win their first ever Super Bowl title. Number 88 is fast, rangy and is a nightmare to cover when in open space.

For Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch is their most dangerous player. Beast Mode as he is known, is a strong, powerful and explosive runner who can score from virtually anywhere on the field.

Cornerback Richard Sherman is the star of the Seahawks' fearsome defence. Number 25 is a hard-hitting, tough-tackling defender who opposing quarterbacks throw towards at their peril. His play at the end of the NFC title game was the match-winner and showed why he's the best in his position in the whole league.

Oh, and as his remarkable post-match rant about vanquished reciever Michael Crabtree showed, he is not a man to be trifled with. :lol:

I often like to peruse newspapers around the world just to see what they're saying about us crazies here in the US. If you wanna partake, here is a great site to waste some time on. There's some really interesting things going on outside our borders.

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/

Shock2k

Reaction score
Oh god, Pam Oliver is going to be sideline reporting... gag. Let me guess what side she' son.

amill87

Reaction score
Shock2k":24hduc63 said:
Oh god, Pam Oliver is going to be sideline reporting... gag. Let me guess what side she' son.

Over under before Pam mentions that kaepernick said stuff about our defense? I'm going with 30 seconds

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
amill87":t206nemw said:
Shock2k":t206nemw said:

Over under before Pam mentions that kaepernick said stuff about our defense? I'm going with 30 seconds

Pamflip

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
253hawk":1p23ffnk said:
[youtube]EZnEpaSOFwk[/youtube]

Pretty funny but totally untrue. The U.K. actually has more violent crime the we do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... in-US.html

Britain has a higher crime rate than any other rich nation except Australia, according to a survey yesterday.

The chances of having your car stolen are greater in England and Wales than anywhere else in the developed world, it said.

According to the figures released yesterday, 3.6 per cent of the population of England and Wales were victims of violent crime in 1999 - second only to Australia, where the figure was 4.1 per cent.

Scotland had a slightly lower rate of violence, at 3.4 per cent.

In the U.S., only 2 per cent of the population suffered an assault or robbery.

They get assaulted with cricket bats and knives mostly I'd guess.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well that's from the early 90's during the LA riots...I'm sure the stats are quite a bit different today, especially when compared per capita.