Great News! Skip Bayless picks denver

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:06 pm
  • Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless36m
    Seattle point differential more than double at home. Seattle just isn't SEATTLE away from Seattle.

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless37m
    Denver D 7th in NFL vs run. Marshawn can't beast this unit. Can see 80 yards, not 150.

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless39m
    Peyton sacked 2.4% of time this yr. Can Sea make him play FOOTBALL, rough him up? Doubt it. Too quick w/ mind&ball. Long dink/dunk drives.

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless42m
    Denver 20, Seattle 14 b/c of overlooked DENVER D and Mother Nature picks Peyton: 45 degrees at kickoff! RSherman>DThomas but Welker big game
    We got Merrill Hoge, Pete Prisco, and Skip Bayless picking Denver. All we need is Bill Simmons and we are guaranteed a win
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Re: Great News! Skip Bayless picks denver
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 pm
  • Cowherd is wavering but he still is sticking with Denver. Simmons will pick Denver when his picks come out today. He claimed on the Cousin Sal podcast that he is not staying for the Super Bowl cause he doesn't want to be there when Manning wins his 2nd.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 pm
  • I really hope the players see these picks. Tell this team they can't and they will.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:31 pm
  • But wait there was no way lynch would run for 100 against San Francisco :sarcasm_off:
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 pm
  • Denver's run D is going to stuff Lynch even though a better one in SF couldn't do that. Using CK logic, if he didn't have that 50 yard TD run he would have had a mediocre day.

Merrill Hoge picked Denver too so the game is almost a lock to win.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

• I can't even muster up one percent of energy to worry about what this dewsh thinks.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bill Simmons's pick: Denver 22, Seattle 19. Things are looking good folks!
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• This is the same man that thought Tebow would be a HOF'er, we're good.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• clueless, amazing
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Denvers rush D's rank is largely based off of teams not in a position to run because they are behind 1 billion to 0.
    that d is going to be in 50/50 pass/run situations all day and they will be owned by BEASTMODE
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Simmon's really picking Seattle. He also wants Seattle to win though, so he picked Denver in order to curse them. He alluded to it in his column.
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

• carter just switched his vote to Denver.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Now I know we're winning.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Why you gents read anything Bayless says is beyond me. Successful troll is successful because of that.

No offense.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Starter

• Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless36m
    Seattle point differential more than double at home. Seattle just isn't SEATTLE away from Seattle.

Regular season:
    Denver at home: 136
    Denver away: 71
    Total: 207

34.3% of total point differential from road games.

Seattle at home: 123
    Seattle away: 63
    Total: 186

33.8% of total point differential from road games.

Woo narratives!

(Not sure the way I did it was the best way, but I think it's pretty clear there's not much difference between the Hawks and Broncos for point differential.)
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless36m

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless37m
    Denver D 7th in NFL vs run. Marshawn can't beast this unit. Can see 80 yards, not 150.

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless39m
    Peyton sacked 2.4% of time this yr. Can Sea make him play FOOTBALL, rough him up? Doubt it. Too quick w/ mind&ball. Long dink/dunk drives.

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless42m
    Denver 20, Seattle 14 b/c of overlooked DENVER D and Mother Nature picks Peyton: 45 degrees at kickoff! RSherman>DThomas but Welker big game
    We got Merrill Hoge, Pete Prisco, and Skip Bayless picking Denver. All we need is Bill Simmons and we are guaranteed a win

How high was SFs D rated? Denver never played no defense like Seattle's.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• The most annoying bit of First Take this week was Stephen A Smith insisting he "hadn't made his pick yet" then constantly arguing why Denver was definitely going to win.

"I haven't made my pick yet... but Denver have Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Eric Decker. There's no way Seattle can hold them to 21 points and there's no way Seattle scores over 21 points on this defense because they have Pot Roast."

Every guest who picked Seattle got that response.

What a bell end.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Both ESPN First Takers have been picking against Seattle all season. Seattle ended up 13-3 and made it to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't want them bias rats to pick Seattle this time.. that would ruin the streak! Plus, since Sherman ripped Skip a new a-hole at the start of the year, he has been anti-Seahawks since. Screw them both. Go Hawks!
    main
    NET Rookie

• I love how pot roast is suddelly the flavour of the week. "that defense is great cause they have Pot Roast". Is he going to lock down our receivers along with stopping Lynch and rushing the passer?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• Oh, and all this Seattle can't score more than 21 points is dumb. Seattle scored 23 against the 49ers & Saints. Both have a defense 100x's better than Denver. Oh, and Seattle scored 23 WITHOUT HARVIN. Go Hawks!
    main
    NET Rookie

• Poor Mebane. I doubt it bothers him too much, but it's funny that his inferior Denver counterpart is getting so much hype while he remains a relative no name. Says a lot about the quality of these respective defensive units.
    ASuperForce
    NET Practice Squad

• Stephan A Smith was probably that guy who said "There's no way the giants hold new england to 21 points"
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:I love how pot roast is suddelly the flavour of the week. "that defense is great cause they have Pot Roast". Is he going to lock down our receivers along with stopping Lynch and rushing the passer?

Stephen A kept saying they won't be able to run on pot roast.

One man is going to stop our entire run defense apparently.

One man.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:48 pm
  • Oh thank god!

That dude is the biggest... turd. Ever.

I have no idea how he holds onto his job. His reasoning skills are completely inept. Real happy to hear his consistently UNsound logic favors the opposition. Great news.
    Schleprock
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:26 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:The most annoying bit of First Take this week was Stephen A Smith insisting he "hadn't made his pick yet" then constantly arguing why Denver was definitely going to win.

"I haven't made my pick yet... but Denver have Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Eric Decker. There's no way Seattle can hold them to 21 points and there's no way Seattle scores over 21 points on this defense because they have Pot Roast."

Every guest who picked Seattle got that response.

What a bell end.

I think the absolute worst was Stephen Smiths personality. He was making a mockery of himself in front of that crowd. It was embarrassing to watch. He attempted to play the rude to be cool routine.

The man has absolutely no knowledge when it comes to football. Even worse he doesn't take the time to prepare and actually study the teams he is reporting on. I guess people find him entertaining, good luck on them because if I at least found him entertaining He wouldn't be a total waste.

Regarding pot roast, mebane is far better than the fatter guy. But he is a great player surrounded by great players. The fattest man in the world, on the other hand, is a good player surrounded by incompetents, so he stands out.
    plyka
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 pm
  • In the land of mediocre, above average is king.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Sgt. Largent wrote:This is the same man that thought Tebow would be a HOF'er, we're good.

I miss a lot of the US coverage over here.....he WHAT??
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:I love how pot roast is suddelly the flavour of the week. "that defense is great cause they have Pot Roast". Is he going to lock down our receivers along with stopping Lynch and rushing the passer?

Ridiculous, I know. That Jacksonville refugee is suddenly the second coming of William Perry, pathetic. The Seahawks have the best defense in the league and will go down in the top five as one of the greatest defenses of all time; Denver doesn’t come close to being in the top 10 this year! What Skip Brainless, Steven A.(Hole) Stiff, Pete Crisco and Colin 'having' a Cowheard and the rest of these Mann-sycophants don't realize is how underrated our offense can be. Russ, Marshawn, Percy, Doug, Golden, Zach, Jermaine, Luke, Mike Robb and Turbo will come out the gates swinging and stun the Denver Broncos and the rest of the non-seahawk watching country. Russ and Marshawn will run that moribund defense ragged and the WRs will be successful on their comeback routes while Russ scrambles against that weak milk toast secondary. We are taking this title.
    Last edited by Hawkalypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:I love how pot roast is suddelly the flavour of the week. "that defense is great cause they have Pot Roast". Is he going to lock down our receivers along with stopping Lynch and rushing the passer?

Stephen A kept saying they won't be able to run on pot roast.

One man is going to stop our entire run defense apparently.

One man.

Just like one man, Pey Pey, is going to defeat the Hawks. That's been the narrative and the whole foundation of their argument, they think this is tennis or something-not a team sport.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

• The coverage and analysis of Denver has gotten more and more bizarre as the pre-game period drags on.

We'll get their best effort, but remember that this is a team that dropped a home game to a sub-.500 Chargers team near the end of the season, despite the huge altitude and noise advantages. They also had a meltdown on the road against a depleted New England team. Can you remember us having meltdown games where we ended up losing? The Bucs and Texans games comes to mind, but we recovered.

Yet as those ugly Broncos embarrassments fade into the rear-view, the coverage on them since then has become like something out of North Korean state television. To hear some "pros" talk about it, it's going to take the planets aligning to even have a snowball in hell's chance of even competing with these guys.
    gulliver
    NET Rookie

• gulliver wrote:The coverage and analysis of Denver has gotten more and more bizarre as the pre-game period drags on.

We'll get their best effort, but remember that this is a team that dropped a home game to a sub-.500 Chargers team near the end of the season, despite the huge altitude and noise advantages. They also had a meltdown on the road against a depleted New England team. Can you remember us having meltdown games where we ended up losing? The Bucs and Texans games comes to mind, but we recovered.

Yet as those ugly Broncos embarrassments fade into the rear-view, the coverage on them since then has become like something out of North Korean state television. To hear some "pros" talk about it, it's going to take the planets aligning to even have a snowball in hell's chance of even competing with these guys.

Perfect comparison.
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information