How are you emotionally, right now?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: How are you emotionally, right now?
Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 am
  • I feel pretty good. I was sick with anticipation for the NFCCG; we were taking on evil itself. I kept thinking of Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects saying, "How can you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Now that the NFL is guaranteed a respectable champion at the end of this game, I'm more serene about the situation, but I think that this is a really tough game; I regard it as a bit better than a coin flip for us, so I think we win more often than not, but that leaves a lot of room for a loss as well. Think that's just going to be my feeling up until kickoff. Above all, I'm just enjoying having our team in this position. We'll only get so many shots at doing this.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 am
  • Let me tell you something. I live in SoCal and 12's are everywhere. I have enough jerseys to wear a different one every day, and everywhere I go people are high fiving and saying.

GO Hawks !!!!!!!

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 am
  • Through last week, I was calm. Over the weekend, I started to feel a bit of undercurrent of edge and anxiety.

But that Lynch interview with Deion Sanders, where Sanders says, "It's [the SB] what you dreamt of" and Lynch responds, "It is. And it's right here in front of me."

That's the moment I went calm. There's no way Lynch doesn't go off in this game, and I think that will allow us to control the pace and character of the game. Manning's going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines when he's not throwing picks.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:25 am
  • Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:31 am
  • I teared up when I watched the bus ride to the airport.

This time around, I expected the Seahawks to be here and I am still quite confident that the Seahawks will be hoisting the Lombardi.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 am
  • I have anxiety like i have never had before in my life!!! I sit on the edge of my couch during every single Seahawks. I scream and cheer and sometimes cry tears of joy. I enjoy every game with 12th man pride!! The superbowl only enhances these feelings 100X. I know in my heart that the Seahawks are gonna win this Sunday and I can't wait to celebrate their victory!!! LETS GO SEAHAWK'S
    diehardnyfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 am
  • Feel MUCH more confident about Sunday than I did about NFC Title game. Confidence has grown as the week has went on. Starting to get way more stoked, and nervous, but in a good way this time.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Aros wrote:I have been ridiculously calm all week. I strongly feel it is because of all of the emotional energy I expended the week leading up, during and following the NFCCG. It was incredibly exhausting. I was SO nervous (we CANNOT let the 49ers go to the SB IN OUR HOUSE!!!!), I feel emotionally, that was my SB for the year. So now that we ARE in the SB? It feels a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure that will all change at kickoff.

I feel this way too. Hope the team doesn't have that feeling of content though. Hope that chip on their shoulder is the size of a small moon.

I don't know how it couldn't be. With the ridiculous (and thus condescending and dismissive) questions on media day, the multitude of mediots writing them off, and their general disposition, they're going to be hungry.

Which is why I'm calm about the outcome, but very excited for Sunday. Hosting a SB party with lots of good beer and food and friends, and it just feels like the championship is Pharaoh's decree.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 am
  • Excited and pumped!!!! I wish I lived in Seattle to celebrate a Super Bowl win with all my fellow 12's !!!
    Jbo
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:46 am
  • Weirdly calm I just know we got this !
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am
  • Ecstatic, very calm, soaking it all up, I believe it too, we got this. This is the beginning of an era. Ignore the doubters, the team the coaches the 12th man have all waited for this moment to come. This is Superbowl 4+ 8 = 12! This is for us, lets make some noise Superbowl style. Every 12 in the stadium, lets make the world hear! Let every fan know what it means to be a 12! #GOHAWKS
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm
  • Today I'm feeling good. No out of left field watery eyes so far.
    GoHawks.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:14 pm
  • I'm a wreck after watching the NFCCG video followed by Rain City Redemption 3.2-Holy emotional roller coaster
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm
  • Smooth, calm, and collected. I'm just 'bout that action, boss.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:53 pm
  • Confident that Pete has this team as ready as humanly possible to play their hearts out.

That's all we as fans can ask for.

It's good enough for me.

I should add that we are the more talented team... by far... and that gives us a distinct advantage.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm
  • I took a day off from .net and went to McCall to meet up with a friend during the McCall Winter Carnival. It was a good time to be away from sports......until. Yup...they like Payton Menning, so are going for the Donkos. Glad that they can watch the game on the airplane as they are flying back to the homestead on Sunday. Good luck to them. I did see the Ice sculptures and snow sculptures. I should have had a pic taken of me behind the Ice bar...then I could have put a superhawk suit on. The pic looks like a pic out of the first Superman movie in his fortress of Solitude. Ice arrows and all. I had Seahawk Raintop on from about 10 yrs ago. dangit.
    Go Hawks
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 pm
  • Solid. Real solid.

I just… don’t have an inkling of doubt. None at all.

Sure, it’s a tremendous matchup. The best of the year. I have some concerns here and there. But beCAUSE of the season I’ve witnessed, I just don’t feel any fear at all going in there. We handled it from every angle this season and we’ll do it again.

I do not foresee any situation where we allow for defeat. We’re not going to.

So I feel pretty much at peace, oddly enough.
    Schleprock
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:33 pm
  • TheHawkster wrote:Being in New York, most of NY wants us to win.

We're outselling Donkys merchandise 3/1 at Macys monster NFL Team shop.
    Super Bowl Boulevarde is too insane to actually enjoy.

Currently at Hohbrau Bierhaus NY!
    PROST!

Good to know, mate. That's one aspect I do feel uncertain about.

We traveled really well this year. There were several situations that blew my mind, hearing Seahawk chants on road turf. That's just unheard of in prior seasons. I NEVER thought I'd hear anything like that (let alone visibly SEE it).

But what about New York. What will it look like in THAT house?

Real pleased to hear those numbers, mate. Thanks fer sharin.
    Schleprock
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:34 pm
  • Stress has really hit me today, harder than usual too, I don't think watching ESPN all day and listening to everyone pick against the Hawks helped that much.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 pm
  • Calm. Unlike XL. I think it's because of the defense.

Go, Seahawks!
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 pm
  • I'm doing fine actually.

Geared up for the bigtime happiness, but not dreading the possibility of losing.

Winning would be great, but losing (as long as its not controversial) would be disappointing, yes, but not devastating - I'd tip my hat and feel happy for Manning, Fox and Bailey (all whom I really like and respect). If we lose, we lost to a straight up great - no shame in that.

The NFCCG was different, the overwhelming emotion was tied to the dread of the 49ers winning the NFC on the Hawks field.

I would say that last week "felt like the SuperBowl" if not for the fact that this week was actually, y'know, the SuperBowl.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:39 pm
  • I'm nervous but not as nervous as I was when we went against the 49ers or saints
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 am
  • Impatient. Anxious. Exactly the same as any Friday night before a *regular season game.

Only 3 (pre) games whacked me hard this year.
    *1st game vs SF.
    *1st game vs N.O.
    The NFCCG

Finishing 3 -0 in those games instilled within me the confidence I have tonight. The only caveat being, those games were at home and the 12 definitely influenced the outcomes of all 3. But Denver saw nothing like our D this year.

Denver went -1.5 per in the TO battle. We create turnovers (+2.5). That's a huge swing. A TO in the NFL is worth an avg of 3.5 pts per. Being conservative, If we cut that number in half for this game...we would be +2 which = 7 pts. That makes up for us not being home.

We are the more physical team and will impose our will on Manning and the Broncs. Ball control, Killer D, ST and the ground and pound got us here. Add Harvin to that mix and I am confident we will soon be crowned Champs.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:22 am
  • A quiet confidence with an underlying hint of anger. My heart and mind tell me, I know this will be this team's finest hour and we will win this. The anger comes from listening to every dismissive expert or fan at work ask 'who are the Seahawks anyway, psst the Broncos will win' which beholden me to go into A-hole mode explaining to them immediately who exactly the Seattle Seahawks are and that after Sunday, the world will know exactly who they are.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:37 am
  • Hawkalypse wrote:A quiet confidence with an underlying hint of anger. My heart and mind tell me, I know this will be this team's finest hour and we will win this. The anger comes from listening to every dismissive expert or fan at work ask 'who are the Seahawks anyway, psst the Broncos will win' which beholden me to go into A-hole mode explaining to them immediately who exactly the Seattle Seahawks are and that after Sunday, the world will know exactly who they are.

Your first sentence describes me to a T.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 am
  • Mostly smooth, calm and confident with patches of extreme anxiety and slight water eye

But I have a feeling it will hit me tomorrow night... which is why I will be drinking heavily so I can actually fall asleep :thirishdrinkers:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am
  • I'm with two hot chicks so I'm ok!
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:23 am
  • Today so far I can't watch NFLN. tired of the BS. Ready for the game.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:28 am
  • I was bored so I built a small snickers commercial billboard. Just not sure if I should post it. It is really really mean.....
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:31 am
  • NFL Network is all Reruns today. I'm watching Elise and Jerry live on Comcast.net (Channel 617).

I think my mind is going to explode.

My wife has started slow cooking 2 Pork Shoulders in spices and beer. It will slow cook until tomorrow. Mmmmm.... Pulled Pork Sandwiches....

Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 am
  • I'm calm as Wilson :)
    NavySeaHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:04 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:I was bored so I built a small snickers commercial billboard. Just not sure if I should post it. It is really really mean.....

Post it in the shack. ;)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 am
  • Formido just dropped an awesome bomb over at Field Gulls about how consistently the offense has scored when Percy Harvin has been in on drives. Made me feel great.

I feel like they're going to win. I just wish I could sleep through the whole thing and then wake up to a bunch of yelling and honking horns instead of having to watch this thing.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:I was bored so I built a small snickers commercial billboard. Just not sure if I should post it. It is really really mean.....

Post it in the shack. ;)

Check out kaep...in the shack and insert PM for Kap.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am
  • I remain as confident about tomorrow's outcome as I am of Walt's induction today.

Should Hell freeze over and Walt's name NOT be announced? I will become very worried about tomorrow's game and start shopping for winter clothing.

Go Walt. Go Hawks.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 am
  • Exittium wrote:I'm nervous but not as nervous as I was when we went against the 49ers or saints

That's how I feel. I've been pretty calm all week, but getting a little more nervous now. Just not nearly as nervous as the day before the 49er game.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am
  • I am a nervous wreck right now. I think Seahawks have a great chance at winning this, but still I have to keep my thoughts elsewhere in order to not get too tense.

I wish I could just enjoy this... Oh well, maybe next year ;)
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:41 am
  • After this weeks media circus, my most prevalent emotion is a slow brewing anger. Yep, this 12 has a chip on his shoulder. I hope our D has a feeding frenzy against Manning and the Four Horsemen. I hope Russell and Company carve up their D like a tender and juicy Pot Roast....

I CAN'T WAIT....BOSS!
    Last edited by Raptor12 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    We Got Some Dawgs...
    GO HAWKS!
    Raptor12
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am
  • I am totally calm and will remain calm and cool. I was somewhat nervous for the NFCC, but I know that the team is going to unleash tomorrow. That they will hold nothing back to finish this game.

I'm good.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 pm
  • actually very calm today, as others posted a lot of anger and quietly very confident, i know our hawks will show up and play a whale of a game. I have this underlying feeling, our offense is going to show up big time, and Percy will have at least two game changing plays.. Can't wait for kick off tomorrow.. Hawks baby...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm representing at work. Make sure everyone who boards my plane knows it's a 12 driving.

I'm so excited.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:20 pm
  • Is it Sunday yet?

I can't STAND the waiting!

Let's play, dammit!

Does that answer your question? ;-)
    Joe Zulaski
    ZLDRider
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 pm
  • I've been good today, up until I started watching the NFL awards. Now I'm kinda pissed off.
    I know I'm biased but this is a joke.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm
  • Before I was calm, now I'm getting excited. Tomorrow is it! Now I'm getting fired up.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:10 pm
  • Maker's Mark is my friend tonight.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:11 pm
  • Got a swarm of angry pissed off butterflies in my stomach. I just hope I can get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be one loooong day waiting for kickoff.
    Largefarva
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:19 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Maker's Mark is my friend tonight.

X2:)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:35 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I've been good today, up until I started watching the NFL awards. Now I'm kinda pissed off.
    I know I'm biased but this is a joke.

Just an even larger chip on Sherman's and Earl's shoulders I kind of consider the snubs a good thing honestly.
    randomation
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:47 pm
  • I am a kick off away from going bat shat crazy!
    SSEHAWK
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:00 pm
  • I have had butterflies for the last couple of days.
    Lanakila
    NET Practice Squad

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information