Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: How are you emotionally, right now?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:28 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

I think Joel McHale said it best. Watching the Seahawks right now is like sitting through surgery without being knocked out or given pain killers. If the game is close, or even a little close, every bad break feels like agony. I don't think I will really enjoy this Super Bowl until I am 100% certain we've got the win in the bag.

And Montana, don't make me smack some sense into you! :)

2008 pessimism = totally understandable.
2009 pessimism = duh.
2010 pessimism = understandable.
2011 pessimism = Uh, you've been watching the Seahawks right?
2012 pessimism = Bizarro Baghdad Bob territory

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 am 
NET Veteran

razgriz737 wrote:
I've had classes and tons of schoolwork all week so I haven't had much time to get emotionally invested yet. Come Saturday though, I'll be a nervous wreck.

I've been the same, have a chapter of my Masters thesis due later today so that's been keeping my mind occupied...probably a good thing! Tomorrow however is a whole different kettle of fish.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 am 
NET Starter

Ive been up till 3 am everynight reading hawk stuff, watching hawk stuff and reading more hawk stuff..

I had a new years resolution to quit smoking.. Eff that! I take extra smoke breaks at work just to think about the game...

I broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday and literally fought back the guilt by saying, "she isn't a football fan anyway. " which has actually kept me from calling her this past 24 hours...

I've had a great month at work and made more money than I ever have in a previous month and don't even remember how I did it. When did I sell anything? No really, I seriously have no idea.

I'm not going to enjoy any part of this game until we win and then I will thoroughly enjoy the replay, 500 times.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Aros wrote:
I have been ridiculously calm all week. I strongly feel it is because of all of the emotional energy I expended the week leading up, during and following the NFCCG. It was incredibly exhausting. I was SO nervous (we CANNOT let the 49ers go to the SB IN OUR HOUSE!!!!), I feel emotionally, that was my SB for the year. So now that we ARE in the SB? It feels a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure that will all change at kickoff.

This is me too except it doesn't feel anti-climatic. It just feels good and I seem to have the nearly unshakable confidence the guys will get this done.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:55 am 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:16 am 
NET Veteran

Excited. Not as nervous as the NFC champ game because I felt like if we lost that game, everyone would just write us off completely and say we cant win big games or big games against division rivals. I'm a lot more excited for this game and we honestly should beat denver. We are the better team. Though I can see Manning picking us a part and squeaking out a win. He's that good.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 am 
NET Veteran

I'm feeling GOOD

but right now I'm trying to work out whether I should go to the gym tomorrow (supposed to be a rest day) or Sunday (usual day), given I am probably going to require a LOT of energy since it's an 11.30pm kickoff for me...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 am 
NET Veteran

Few work things things to do today and then out tonight with friends. Stay at a hotel airport tonight for an early morning departure. Then NYC.

Surprisingly calm about it so far. I was way more nervous about the NFCCG by the time Friday rolled around. Manning will get his breaks here and there, (it won't be a repeat of Brees on MNF, he's too good) but I'm just not convinced he'll get enough of them.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:43 am 
NET Veteran

It's Friday, my stomach just dropped a lit bit (could be that black bean soup last night). I was at this point on Wednesday with 49ers, but I'm getting amped for the SuperB

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:08 am 
NET Rookie

pmedic920 wrote:
We are, for the most part, family around here. So I don't mind sharing this.
I've been around the house today, alone, with the TV on NFLN.
At least 3 times today, while watching little clips about this n that, my eyes have watered up.
I know it's not the manly thing to admit or talk about but I don't care. I have a lot of myself invested in the Seahawks. We all do, right?
So my question is how are you doing?
GoHawks.

There is nothing wrong with crying nor admitting to doing so. It is in fact very courageous and by extension, "manly" of you, to be so candid publicly.

I'm in fact so tough and manly, I'm willing to admit that not only was I weeping but I collapsed into the fetal position when we sent San Fransisco packing.

"...But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." - Jim Valvano

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 am 
NET Veteran

I feel pretty good. I was sick with anticipation for the NFCCG; we were taking on evil itself. I kept thinking of Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects saying, "How can you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Now that the NFL is guaranteed a respectable champion at the end of this game, I'm more serene about the situation, but I think that this is a really tough game; I regard it as a bit better than a coin flip for us, so I think we win more often than not, but that leaves a lot of room for a loss as well. Think that's just going to be my feeling up until kickoff. Above all, I'm just enjoying having our team in this position. We'll only get so many shots at doing this.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Let me tell you something. I live in SoCal and 12's are everywhere. I have enough jerseys to wear a different one every day, and everywhere I go people are high fiving and saying.

GO Hawks !!!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 am 
NET Veteran

Through last week, I was calm. Over the weekend, I started to feel a bit of undercurrent of edge and anxiety.

But that Lynch interview with Deion Sanders, where Sanders says, "It's [the SB] what you dreamt of" and Lynch responds, "It is. And it's right here in front of me."

That's the moment I went calm. There's no way Lynch doesn't go off in this game, and I think that will allow us to control the pace and character of the game. Manning's going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines when he's not throwing picks.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:25 am 
NET Veteran

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:31 am 
NET Veteran

I teared up when I watched the bus ride to the airport.

This time around, I expected the Seahawks to be here and I am still quite confident that the Seahawks will be hoisting the Lombardi.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I have anxiety like i have never had before in my life!!! I sit on the edge of my couch during every single Seahawks. I scream and cheer and sometimes cry tears of joy. I enjoy every game with 12th man pride!! The superbowl only enhances these feelings 100X. I know in my heart that the Seahawks are gonna win this Sunday and I can't wait to celebrate their victory!!! LETS GO SEAHAWK'S

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 am 
NET Veteran

Feel MUCH more confident about Sunday than I did about NFC Title game. Confidence has grown as the week has went on. Starting to get way more stoked, and nervous, but in a good way this time.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 am 
* NET Philistine *

Hasselbeck wrote:
Aros wrote:
I have been ridiculously calm all week. I strongly feel it is because of all of the emotional energy I expended the week leading up, during and following the NFCCG. It was incredibly exhausting. I was SO nervous (we CANNOT let the 49ers go to the SB IN OUR HOUSE!!!!), I feel emotionally, that was my SB for the year. So now that we ARE in the SB? It feels a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure that will all change at kickoff.

I feel this way too. Hope the team doesn't have that feeling of content though. Hope that chip on their shoulder is the size of a small moon.

I don't know how it couldn't be. With the ridiculous (and thus condescending and dismissive) questions on media day, the multitude of mediots writing them off, and their general disposition, they're going to be hungry.

Which is why I'm calm about the outcome, but very excited for Sunday. Hosting a SB party with lots of good beer and food and friends, and it just feels like the championship is Pharaoh's decree.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 am 
NET Practice Squad

Excited and pumped!!!! I wish I lived in Seattle to celebrate a Super Bowl win with all my fellow 12's !!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:46 am 
NET Veteran

Weirdly calm I just know we got this !

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

Ecstatic, very calm, soaking it all up, I believe it too, we got this. This is the beginning of an era. Ignore the doubters, the team the coaches the 12th man have all waited for this moment to come. This is Superbowl 4+ 8 = 12! This is for us, lets make some noise Superbowl style. Every 12 in the stadium, lets make the world hear! Let every fan know what it means to be a 12! #GOHAWKS

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm 
NET Veteran

Today I'm feeling good. No out of left field watery eyes so far.
GoHawks.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:14 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm a wreck after watching the NFCCG video followed by Rain City Redemption 3.2-Holy emotional roller coaster

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Smooth, calm, and collected. I'm just 'bout that action, boss.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Confident that Pete has this team as ready as humanly possible to play their hearts out.

That's all we as fans can ask for.

It's good enough for me.

I should add that we are the more talented team... by far... and that gives us a distinct advantage.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm 
NET Veteran

I took a day off from .net and went to McCall to meet up with a friend during the McCall Winter Carnival. It was a good time to be away from sports......until. Yup...they like Payton Menning, so are going for the Donkos. Glad that they can watch the game on the airplane as they are flying back to the homestead on Sunday. Good luck to them. I did see the Ice sculptures and snow sculptures. I should have had a pic taken of me behind the Ice bar...then I could have put a superhawk suit on. The pic looks like a pic out of the first Superman movie in his fortress of Solitude. Ice arrows and all. I had Seahawk Raintop on from about 10 yrs ago. dangit.
Go Hawks

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Solid. Real solid.

I just… don’t have an inkling of doubt. None at all.

Sure, it’s a tremendous matchup. The best of the year. I have some concerns here and there. But beCAUSE of the season I’ve witnessed, I just don’t feel any fear at all going in there. We handled it from every angle this season and we’ll do it again.

I do not foresee any situation where we allow for defeat. We’re not going to.

So I feel pretty much at peace, oddly enough.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:33 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

TheHawkster wrote:
Being in New York, most of NY wants us to win.

We're outselling Donkys merchandise 3/1 at Macys monster NFL Team shop.
Super Bowl Boulevarde is too insane to actually enjoy.

Currently at Hohbrau Bierhaus NY!
PROST!

Good to know, mate. That's one aspect I do feel uncertain about.

We traveled really well this year. There were several situations that blew my mind, hearing Seahawk chants on road turf. That's just unheard of in prior seasons. I NEVER thought I'd hear anything like that (let alone visibly SEE it).

But what about New York. What will it look like in THAT house?

Real pleased to hear those numbers, mate. Thanks fer sharin.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:34 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Stress has really hit me today, harder than usual too, I don't think watching ESPN all day and listening to everyone pick against the Hawks helped that much.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Calm. Unlike XL. I think it's because of the defense.

Go, Seahawks!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
“It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm doing fine actually.

Geared up for the bigtime happiness, but not dreading the possibility of losing.

Winning would be great, but losing (as long as its not controversial) would be disappointing, yes, but not devastating - I'd tip my hat and feel happy for Manning, Fox and Bailey (all whom I really like and respect). If we lose, we lost to a straight up great - no shame in that.

The NFCCG was different, the overwhelming emotion was tied to the dread of the 49ers winning the NFC on the Hawks field.

I would say that last week "felt like the SuperBowl" if not for the fact that this week was actually, y'know, the SuperBowl.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:39 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm nervous but not as nervous as I was when we went against the 49ers or saints

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 am 
NET Veteran

Impatient. Anxious. Exactly the same as any Friday night before a *regular season game.

Only 3 (pre) games whacked me hard this year.
*1st game vs SF.
*1st game vs N.O.
The NFCCG

Finishing 3 -0 in those games instilled within me the confidence I have tonight. The only caveat being, those games were at home and the 12 definitely influenced the outcomes of all 3. But Denver saw nothing like our D this year.

Denver went -1.5 per in the TO battle. We create turnovers (+2.5). That's a huge swing. A TO in the NFL is worth an avg of 3.5 pts per. Being conservative, If we cut that number in half for this game...we would be +2 which = 7 pts. That makes up for us not being home.

We are the more physical team and will impose our will on Manning and the Broncs. Ball control, Killer D, ST and the ground and pound got us here. Add Harvin to that mix and I am confident we will soon be crowned Champs.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:22 am 
NET Veteran

A quiet confidence with an underlying hint of anger. My heart and mind tell me, I know this will be this team's finest hour and we will win this. The anger comes from listening to every dismissive expert or fan at work ask 'who are the Seahawks anyway, psst the Broncos will win' which beholden me to go into A-hole mode explaining to them immediately who exactly the Seattle Seahawks are and that after Sunday, the world will know exactly who they are.

Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:37 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkalypse wrote:
A quiet confidence with an underlying hint of anger. My heart and mind tell me, I know this will be this team's finest hour and we will win this. The anger comes from listening to every dismissive expert or fan at work ask 'who are the Seahawks anyway, psst the Broncos will win' which beholden me to go into A-hole mode explaining to them immediately who exactly the Seattle Seahawks are and that after Sunday, the world will know exactly who they are.

Your first sentence describes me to a T.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 am 
NET Veteran

Mostly smooth, calm and confident with patches of extreme anxiety and slight water eye

But I have a feeling it will hit me tomorrow night... which is why I will be drinking heavily so I can actually fall asleep :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am 
NET Starter

I'm with two hot chicks so I'm ok!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:23 am 
NET Veteran

Today so far I can't watch NFLN. tired of the BS. Ready for the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

I was bored so I built a small snickers commercial billboard. Just not sure if I should post it. It is really really mean.....

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:31 am 
NET Veteran

NFL Network is all Reruns today. I'm watching Elise and Jerry live on Comcast.net (Channel 617).

I think my mind is going to explode.

My wife has started slow cooking 2 Pork Shoulders in spices and beer. It will slow cook until tomorrow. Mmmmm.... Pulled Pork Sandwiches....

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 am 
NET Practice Squad

I'm calm as Wilson :)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:04 am 
NET Veteran

Seahawkfan80 wrote:
I was bored so I built a small snickers commercial billboard. Just not sure if I should post it. It is really really mean.....

Post it in the shack. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 am 
NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
Formido just dropped an awesome bomb over at Field Gulls about how consistently the offense has scored when Percy Harvin has been in on drives. Made me feel great.

I feel like they're going to win. I just wish I could sleep through the whole thing and then wake up to a bunch of yelling and honking horns instead of having to watch this thing.

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 am 
NET Veteran

pmedic920 wrote:
Seahawkfan80 wrote:

Post it in the shack. ;)

Check out kaep...in the shack and insert PM for Kap.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am 
NET Veteran

I remain as confident about tomorrow's outcome as I am of Walt's induction today.

Should Hell freeze over and Walt's name NOT be announced? I will become very worried about tomorrow's game and start shopping for winter clothing.

Go Walt. Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Exittium wrote:
I'm nervous but not as nervous as I was when we went against the 49ers or saints

That's how I feel. I've been pretty calm all week, but getting a little more nervous now. Just not nearly as nervous as the day before the 49er game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am 
NET Starter

I am a nervous wreck right now. I think Seahawks have a great chance at winning this, but still I have to keep my thoughts elsewhere in order to not get too tense.

I wish I could just enjoy this... Oh well, maybe next year ;)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:41 am 
NET Bench Warmer

After this weeks media circus, my most prevalent emotion is a slow brewing anger. Yep, this 12 has a chip on his shoulder. I hope our D has a feeding frenzy against Manning and the Four Horsemen. I hope Russell and Company carve up their D like a tender and juicy Pot Roast....

I CAN'T WAIT....BOSS!

Last edited by Raptor12 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am 
I'M JIMMY!

I am totally calm and will remain calm and cool. I was somewhat nervous for the NFCC, but I know that the team is going to unleash tomorrow. That they will hold nothing back to finish this game.

I'm good.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 pm 
NET Veteran

actually very calm today, as others posted a lot of anger and quietly very confident, i know our hawks will show up and play a whale of a game. I have this underlying feeling, our offense is going to show up big time, and Percy will have at least two game changing plays.. Can't wait for kick off tomorrow.. Hawks baby...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]