Hoping for a blowout are close game..

irocdave

Reaction score
Been thinking about this and have been wavering. First off, I have no doubt the Hawks will bring home the Lombardi, none. Been a hawk fan since day one and been a NFL fan since day two. This team will get it done.

So...what would you prefer? Heart racing, back and forth, close game with a FG winning it? Or just a pure beat down like most of the Donks SB appearances?

Personally would prefer to just get it over with in the first quarter and let the drinking / celebration get started early. Winning a close game has more advantages for the longevity of fans new to the bandwagon and would also put the game in a better light as far as "great SB's" and also elevate the winning performers. How many people remember who knocked the stuffing out of the Bills 4 times or the Donkeys 4 times in SB's? In a weird way, we fans only remember how many times a certain has LOST a SB when the losses happen close together.

How do you want to win???

Northhawk

Reaction score
Heart can only take a pure beat down but expect it to go down to the wire. Donkies go out early and Hawks claw their way back for a win in the 5 minutes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've always been partial to the Hawks curbstomping teams, call me weird! 8)

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
I just want a win.

If I had to choose one, it would be a blowout. I would like the Hawks defense to shut down arguably the best offense in NFL history. I'd think that our defense would then be in coversations of best defense all-time along with the 85 Bears if that were to happen. We are definitely capable of doing so!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If we're guaranteed a win and I get to pick which type? Blowout all day. I want to have a sixty-minute party where the outcome is never really in doubt and the announcers have to talk about how awesome our guys are ad nauseam because there's nothing compelling to discuss.

253hawk

Reaction score
I want a beat down just so everyone will shut up about passing records. The '07 Pats had the greatest passing offense ever at the time; how'd that work out for them against the Giants? 1 lousy TD? And that was played indoors with Brady's arm against a so-so defense.

I want a four possession lead in the 4th quarter just so Pete can let every player go in and get some Owl reps. There hasn't been a good beat down since the Bucs/Raiders in '02.

samwize77

Reaction score
I prefer the total emotional and physical, blood and guts, leave them laying on the field crying for their mommas type thrashing over a close game. LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
253hawk":1xmal7qi said:
I want a beat down just so everyone will shut up about passing records. The '07 Pats had the greatest passing offense ever at the time; how'd that work out for them against the Giants? 1 lousy TD? And that was played indoors with Brady's arm against a so-so defense.

I want a four possession lead in the 4th quarter just so Pete can let every player go in and get some Owl reps. There hasn't been a good beat down since the Bucs/Raiders in '02.

LOL this. I want a hawks blowout like the Bucs/Raiders where the D completely dismantles the offense

The Outfield

Reaction score
The NFL wouldn't allow a blowout these days. Too many viewers and too much money lost in a blowout. Refs will swoop in and start evening things out.

253hawk

Reaction score
A blowout has been foreseen.

[youtube]CeKC7cH1-kI[/youtube]

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I'd prefer a blowout so there are no excuses. Even now, we are still hearing Whiner fans talking about "lucky breaks" (Kearse's touchdown grab, Sherman's tip) and saying that the 9ers rightfully won the game. A blowout will insure that no one feeds us that "It could have gone the other way if it wasn't for this or that" line.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Beat down with us getting scores from all 3 units.

But I'd be just as happy with a nail biter, winning by a FG in triple OT, too.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I will go with "leave no doubt" score early and often. I don't want it close enough to where any other factors than the players impact it.