10 of 13 ESPN analysts pick Denver

Ozzy

Reaction score
Its odd that espn is the only site out there that has it that lopsided. Its a groupthink syndrome over there.

Polaris

Reaction score
austinslater25":3og2c7pt said:
Its odd that espn is the only site out there that has it that lopsided. Its a groupthink syndrome over there.

Groupthink. ESPN hasn't really liked Seattle all year. I note that other places have a basically even split perhaps leaning Seattle. I know that the advanced analytics all favor Seattle for reasons already discussed.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Back at a bank I used to work for, they started following a performance review policy of 20-70-10. 20% of your employees would get an "Exceeds Expectations" performance review, 70% would get "Meets Expectations" and 10% would get "Needs Improvement." These bottom 10% would be fired within a year. I really think sports reporting and prognosticating should follow this model. I think it would not only improve performance, but I think from a fan/viewership perspective, it would give us some solace to know that these dumbass talking heads actually face some accountability for the dumbass stuff they say/predict.

chawx

Reaction score
Well, we're doomed... Why even put on the pads and play? Let's just have the trophy engraved with Peyton's name right now and just forgo the actual playing of the game...

^ this is my canned response for any thread talking about predictions.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How does Ditka pick against a team that has done things on defense that only the '85 Bears also did?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Before the conference championships, seemed like the consensus was "whoever wins the NFC, wins the Super Bowl"

Now I don't know that these talking heads realize Manning has ever lost a game.

marko358

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":330nnc2k said:
How does Ditka pick against a team that has done things on defense that only the '85 Bears also did?

I've lived in Chicago for 37 years. Trust me, that guy is an imbecile.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I notice Bill "he'll never be anything better than a career backup" Polian isn't there. Wonder why?

In fairness I did see him on with Wilbon and Kornholer and he said his heart is with the golden boy but his mind and the "advanced metrics" make it difficult to pick against Seattle.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
How the hell does Mark Shlereth still have a job?? He is the biggest Bronco homer in the world. He picked them in every game this year. Take off the orange and blue glasses and act somewhat objective.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Just an endless parade of mindless media members getting sucked into the Manning blackhole of delusional greatness.

Manning might be one of the greatest QB's of all time, but his playoff stats speak for themselves..........he's mediocre. That's right, I said mediocre.

Boss.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The one that surprised me a bit is Mort.

I wonder what is rationale is.

At least on nfl.com, they tell us why they made the pick they did.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
.................And Mort referencing the PRESEASON game as a counterpoint to Polian saying the metrics all are in the Hawks favor and predict the winner 90% of the time. Really? Preseason? Frisco Ron Jaworski did the same thing yesterday. Wow. A preseason game. Just wow.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The Seahawks have already won the super bowl, I hate to be arrogant but it's already done.

WOOOOOOOOO!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
marko358":2sqa7f68 said:
Missing_Clink":2sqa7f68 said:

I've lived in Chicago for 37 years. Trust me, that guy is an imbecile.
Did'nt he come on Wyman, Mike and Moore and predict the Hawks to win????? Does he know where he is? Someone put a mirror under his nose. Great TE and good coach but I think he may have absorbed more than his share of hits when he played.

Latest posts