I haven't seen this mentioned..

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Like most of you, I have been watching the media blitz and listening to all of the stats etc etc etc until I am just inundated with useless info. I haven't heard one "expert" bring up strength of schedule as it relates to defensive rankings. What I mean is this: Both the 'Hawks and Broncos have played 18 games to get here. Seattle has played 10 games against a top 10 defense. Denver has played 2. I am not claiming that Peyton isn't a great QB. I'm just saying that overall, the Denver offense has not seen the likes of our defense for most of the season. They have put up huge numbers against less than stellar defenses. On the other hand, our offense will be playing against a lesser ranked defense than what we have played against for most of the season. We are battle tested. Denver is not. Bring our "A" game and I say Seattle 34-10.

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, it has. But mainly here. Not much out in the "media-sphere."

I said it elsewhere: We don't have to out score Manning against our defense, just against theirs.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It can work both ways. I heard on the radio yesterday that the 'Hawks have played against only one top 10 offense. So we have not seen an offense the likes of this either.

MagicHef

Reaction score
Going by points, Denver has played the number 5 (twice), number 9 and number 10 defenses. The best defense we've played is KC, who gave up 4.7 points per game more than Seattle.

Seattle only played the number 10 offense, which scored 12 points per game less than Denver.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MagicHef":1prm1reb said:
Going by points, Denver has played the number 5 (twice), number 9 and number 10 defenses. The best defense we've played is KC, who gave up 4.7 points per game more than Seattle.

Seattle only played the number 10 offense, which scored 12 points per game less than Denver.

I think you're wrong there. According to the radio yesterday, the team they were talking about was the Saints who were #4. Again, heard it on the radio so I don't have any hard numbers to back it up.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I like how some in the media are talking about how Seattle hasn't seen a QB like Peyton all year. Yet they fail to mention how Peyton hasn't seen a defense as great as Seattles all year.

MagicHef

Reaction score
Seanhawk":33r6wgcg said:
MagicHef":33r6wgcg said:

I think you're wrong there. According to the radio yesterday, the team they were talking about was the Saints who were #4. Again, heard it on the radio so I don't have any hard numbers to back it up.

I'm using points, not yards. New Orleans was #10 in points per game, at 25.9.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":29xzj06n said:
I like how some in the media are talking about how Seattle hasn't seen a QB like Peyton all year. Yet they fail to mention how Peyton hasn't seen a defense as great as Seattles all year.

I've actually heard it mentioned a ton and I live in the Chicago area and listen to NFL Radio and national ESPN radio quite a bit.

Latest posts