I haven't seen this mentioned..

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I haven't seen this mentioned..
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:58 am
  • Like most of you, I have been watching the media blitz and listening to all of the stats etc etc etc until I am just inundated with useless info. I haven't heard one "expert" bring up strength of schedule as it relates to defensive rankings. What I mean is this: Both the 'Hawks and Broncos have played 18 games to get here. Seattle has played 10 games against a top 10 defense. Denver has played 2. I am not claiming that Peyton isn't a great QB. I'm just saying that overall, the Denver offense has not seen the likes of our defense for most of the season. They have put up huge numbers against less than stellar defenses. On the other hand, our offense will be playing against a lesser ranked defense than what we have played against for most of the season. We are battle tested. Denver is not. Bring our "A" game and I say Seattle 34-10.
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

Re: I haven't seen this mentioned..
Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 am
  • Actually, it has. But mainly here. Not much out in the "media-sphere."

I said it elsewhere: We don't have to out score Manning against our defense, just against theirs.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 am
  • It can work both ways. I heard on the radio yesterday that the 'Hawks have played against only one top 10 offense. So we have not seen an offense the likes of this either.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 am
  • Going by points, Denver has played the number 5 (twice), number 9 and number 10 defenses. The best defense we've played is KC, who gave up 4.7 points per game more than Seattle.

Seattle only played the number 10 offense, which scored 12 points per game less than Denver.
    MagicHef
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:54 am
  • MagicHef wrote:Going by points, Denver has played the number 5 (twice), number 9 and number 10 defenses. The best defense we've played is KC, who gave up 4.7 points per game more than Seattle.

Seattle only played the number 10 offense, which scored 12 points per game less than Denver.

I think you're wrong there. According to the radio yesterday, the team they were talking about was the Saints who were #4. Again, heard it on the radio so I don't have any hard numbers to back it up.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:55 am
  • I like how some in the media are talking about how Seattle hasn't seen a QB like Peyton all year. Yet they fail to mention how Peyton hasn't seen a defense as great as Seattles all year.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:08 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    MagicHef wrote:Going by points, Denver has played the number 5 (twice), number 9 and number 10 defenses. The best defense we've played is KC, who gave up 4.7 points per game more than Seattle.

I think you're wrong there. According to the radio yesterday, the team they were talking about was the Saints who were #4. Again, heard it on the radio so I don't have any hard numbers to back it up.

I'm using points, not yards. New Orleans was #10 in points per game, at 25.9.
    MagicHef
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:I like how some in the media are talking about how Seattle hasn't seen a QB like Peyton all year. Yet they fail to mention how Peyton hasn't seen a defense as great as Seattles all year.

I've actually heard it mentioned a ton and I live in the Chicago area and listen to NFL Radio and national ESPN radio quite a bit.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information