PFT Picks the Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
PFT Picks the Seahawks
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: PFT Picks the Seahawks
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:09 pm
  • Those guys are smart.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Hawknballs wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

That's interesting given Florio's veiled shot at Russell's appearence at a Knicks game comparied with Peyton's maniacal preperation habits. That said, I agree with MDS' assessment.

I also think Florio is a bit off base. Wilson does quite a bit of film breakdown and study as well....
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Florio knows all
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 pm
  • I used to think they were a bunch of hacks, but ever since they were right about the poison pill, I've changed my tune.
    Boiler
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 pm
  • Love it
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:42 pm
  • I still hate florio, but at least he didn't take the cowards pick, and I'll give him that only.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm
  • After looking at the ESPN prognostications, these guys are geniuses!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:03 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:After looking at the ESPN prognostications, these guys are geniuses!

I watched first take with my friend and damn, skip and steven *gasp* when guest come on and pick the seahawks and say things like "Explain your self".
    It was pretty bad.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:After looking at the ESPN prognostications, these guys are geniuses!

Yeah. :sarcasm_on: Feel the love from ESPN! :sarcasm_off:

It's Donkeyland over there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

That's interesting given Florio's veiled shot at Russell's appearence at a Knicks game comparied with Peyton's maniacal preperation habits. That said, I agree with MDS' assessment.

I also think Florio is a bit off base. Wilson does quite a bit of film breakdown and study as well....

especially since Peyton was interviewed and talked about spending the evening with Eli and his family.

or did Peyton have his iPad so he could film study through dinner??
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

Yea he's hung up on that talking point. He said it on Brock and Danny and on Pro Football Talk. It means nothing. You can't study film 24/7 because your brain will burn out. Having fun and relaxing between practices and film study sessions is a good thing.

Of course if a picture came out of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks asleep at 04:00AM Florio would probably say "I'll bet Peyton's not asleep at 04:00AM! He's studying film and will win the Superbowl!"

This year has had the worst media coverage and blunders of any year I have ever seen. Really pathetic. :34853_doh:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:55 am
  • ivotuk wrote:[
    This year has had the worst media coverage and blunders of any year I have ever seen. Really pathetic. :34853_doh:

Not trying to talk you out of the "Really pathetic" part, but I submit it's the same every year with most national media SB coverage.

It's just that this year, the Seahawks are in it, and you know the Seahawks well enough to fact-check, from memory, the ignorant and incorrect BS, schlock, and trolling the national media passes off on unsuspecting fans as "expert opinion".
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 am
  • Quite surprised by both MDS and Florio picking against the Donkeys. I'd've thought they'd play it safe and go for one each. The streak-of-liquid-vitriol that is the PFT comments thread will be amusing, if nothing else.

Still, nice to read them being objective for once - they haven't held back on their criticisms of the Seahawks this season.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:51 am
  • Very few are picking the Hawks, just the way it should be. We all we got.......
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 am
  • The comments section below is priceless.

Bottom line, Denver is like a ballet. Seattle is like a mosh pit. I've been to a ballet and I've been in a mosh pit. The ballet is beautiful, and the athleticism of the dancers is breathtaking. But if you threw those ballerinas in a mosh pit ... watch out.

This will be scary.
    "This isn't a football game. It's a glue factory." - best Tweet of 02/02/2014
    StorytellerMatt
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 am
  • Yup, based off the comments the score will be about
    35-10 denver
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am
  • From all the descriptions of what the Broncos will do (and especially Manning), I don't understand how they lost at all this year. Much less get tested several times by someone they should know very well (Chargers). The unstoppable Manning meme is getting so blown up, it's hard to find reasonable discussion of the game.
    lobohawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information