Harvin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Harvin
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:19 pm
  • So Harvin is expected to play 100%. I noticed vs NO, he was not in on the early downs a few times. Is that normal? I would think he would be one of our 2 base WR in any formation.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Re: Harvin
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:23 pm
  • Hard to tell whats normal because we haven't had him
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:27 pm
  • This happened in the Vikings game, too. It may be a matter of conditioning; or a matter of respecting other players' contributions; or perhaps keeping him fresher for higher leverage situations; or reducing injury risk by keeping his work load low; or signaling to Percy and the team that we don't depend on any particular player.

I'm curious about this, also.
    formido
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm
  • They keep saying they aren't changing the offense for him but we haven't seen him full go for a whole game so who knows? On the otherhand Denver is preparing for him to be in every down as appropriate much good it will do them.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 am
  • If he lines up, that is good enough for me. If he is on the kick return team, it is good enough for me.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 am
  • The whole concept of who is a starter and who isn't is kind of dead, anyway. I've seen numerous times where a 'starting lineup' is announced, but the guys that actually take the field for the first series are quite a bit different. This especially applies to positions on the periphery like WRs and DBs. They announce 2, but often start the game with either 1 or 3. They announce 2 CBs, but start off in nickel coverage. Hey it wouldn't surprise me if they start the D off with a Bandit package out there, in a 4-2-5 or something.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 am
  • sutz wrote:The whole concept of who is a starter and who isn't is kind of dead, anyway. I've seen numerous times where a 'starting lineup' is announced, but the guys that actually take the field for the first series are quite a bit different. This especially applies to positions on the periphery like WRs and DBs. They announce 2, but often start the game with either 1 or 3. They announce 2 CBs, but start off in nickel coverage. Hey it wouldn't surprise me if they start the D off with a Bandit package out there, in a 4-2-5 or something.

:229031_shrug:

Exactly. The "starting lineup" should just be the 11 players who play in the positions that would make the "All-Pro team", ie.

QB, RB, FB, 2*WR, TE, LT/RT, C, LG/RG
    and
    front 7, 2 corners, 2 safeties
    I say front 7 because teams so obviously have either a base 4-3 or base 3-4, so some flexibility there. It doesn't matter if the FB doesn't play their first snap, or only plays 5 snaps all game, if he's the #1 FB on the depth chart, he's the starter.
    Simple.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 am
  • I realize this was two years ago, but the last game he played against Denver was in 2011. His line was 8 rec. 156yds 2TD 5 rushes 19 yds. Obviously things have changed for Percy and Denver's defense but that's a line I'd like to mimic.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:So Harvin is expected to play 100%. I noticed vs NO, he was not in on the early downs a few times. Is that normal? I would think he would be one of our 2 base WR in any formation.

Thou shall not use the word "normal" when discussing the Percy Harvin situation.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am
  • He plays. He plays a lot. He busts at least one big return, has 10-12 touches, he's a factor and one of the guys mentioned for MVP. That's what he does Sunday. Worth every penny and it starts in 3 days.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information