Harvin

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Harvin
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:19 pm
  • So Harvin is expected to play 100%. I noticed vs NO, he was not in on the early downs a few times. Is that normal? I would think he would be one of our 2 base WR in any formation.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Re: Harvin
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:23 pm
  • Hard to tell whats normal because we haven't had him
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:27 pm
  • This happened in the Vikings game, too. It may be a matter of conditioning; or a matter of respecting other players' contributions; or perhaps keeping him fresher for higher leverage situations; or reducing injury risk by keeping his work load low; or signaling to Percy and the team that we don't depend on any particular player.

I'm curious about this, also.
    formido
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm
  • They keep saying they aren't changing the offense for him but we haven't seen him full go for a whole game so who knows? On the otherhand Denver is preparing for him to be in every down as appropriate much good it will do them.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 am
  • If he lines up, that is good enough for me. If he is on the kick return team, it is good enough for me.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 am
  • The whole concept of who is a starter and who isn't is kind of dead, anyway. I've seen numerous times where a 'starting lineup' is announced, but the guys that actually take the field for the first series are quite a bit different. This especially applies to positions on the periphery like WRs and DBs. They announce 2, but often start the game with either 1 or 3. They announce 2 CBs, but start off in nickel coverage. Hey it wouldn't surprise me if they start the D off with a Bandit package out there, in a 4-2-5 or something.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 am
  • sutz wrote:The whole concept of who is a starter and who isn't is kind of dead, anyway. I've seen numerous times where a 'starting lineup' is announced, but the guys that actually take the field for the first series are quite a bit different. This especially applies to positions on the periphery like WRs and DBs. They announce 2, but often start the game with either 1 or 3. They announce 2 CBs, but start off in nickel coverage. Hey it wouldn't surprise me if they start the D off with a Bandit package out there, in a 4-2-5 or something.

:229031_shrug:

Exactly. The "starting lineup" should just be the 11 players who play in the positions that would make the "All-Pro team", ie.

QB, RB, FB, 2*WR, TE, LT/RT, C, LG/RG
    and
    front 7, 2 corners, 2 safeties
    I say front 7 because teams so obviously have either a base 4-3 or base 3-4, so some flexibility there. It doesn't matter if the FB doesn't play their first snap, or only plays 5 snaps all game, if he's the #1 FB on the depth chart, he's the starter.
    Simple.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 am
  • I realize this was two years ago, but the last game he played against Denver was in 2011. His line was 8 rec. 156yds 2TD 5 rushes 19 yds. Obviously things have changed for Percy and Denver's defense but that's a line I'd like to mimic.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:So Harvin is expected to play 100%. I noticed vs NO, he was not in on the early downs a few times. Is that normal? I would think he would be one of our 2 base WR in any formation.

Thou shall not use the word "normal" when discussing the Percy Harvin situation.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am
  • He plays. He plays a lot. He busts at least one big return, has 10-12 touches, he's a factor and one of the guys mentioned for MVP. That's what he does Sunday. Worth every penny and it starts in 3 days.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information