The Spectacular Mr. Wilson

Sac

Reaction score
It’s pretty amazing, that in this day and age, where quarterbacks are king and everyone has an opinion on everything, that one of the two bad-ass, trend-setting, record-setting quarterbacks in the Super Bowl is getting the silent treatment.

How good is Russell Wilson?

Win or lose Sunday, he is at worst the second-best second-year quarterback the league has ever seen.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... ore/28399/

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson has the option of stealing the spotlight for years to come.

All he has to do is win this one.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
"BUT, But, but ... he is still only 5'10"- says Ron Jowarski and all the ESPN and Fox Sports and CBS Sports.
and when it comes to upsides, "Give me a Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer , Andrew Luck over Russell Wilson. Those guys are tall and have big arms and can throw the ball 60 yards down the field". signed The National Media.
Anyone remembers the Buffalo Bills game in Toronto last season or the Arizona game @ Home last season? I have the feeling we will blow out Denver like we did those two teams.
Go Hawks

Smellyman

Reaction score
That pass to Doug Baldwin against SF was an incredilbe show of arm strength. sprinting to his left and getting drilled by Bowman or Brooks (whoever) and launches it 60 yards on a rope........

No other qb makes that play, let alone makes that throw.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Now let’s shift to playoff games started. This will be Wilson’s fifth in two years. More rarified air. Most playoff games first two years:
•Roethlisberger 6
•Mark Sanchez 6
•Joe Flacco 5
•Wilson 5

^ While still impressive, I would have not included this particular graph in calling attention to his accomplishments. Winning the division, and having a bye, (likely) prevented him from being in 1st place.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Prisco is a tool. This game is shaping up to be Detroit 2006 in reverse. I love being Pittsburgh when a Superbowl is being played.

irocdave

Reaction score
From an unbiased point of view the Hawks are very similar to the 05 Stealers and Donkeys are similar to the 05 Hawks. The 05 Hawks had a much better O line and running game than the Stealers and or this Donkeys team though.

But...the Stealers were the media darlings in that match up and were the fan favorites. The love fest with JB was a joke. Now it's the PM love fest. Dude is the best QB to ever play in my book, but he isn't retiring after this year. The Hawks aren't the 05 Stealers in the aspect of media darlings. From an X and O stand point they are.

Hawks need to go out and prove they are the best team, even if the officiating is poor. They are good enough to do it and I think PC will handle the ref involved drama better than MH did.

RW wont quite the doubters unless the hawks have to come from behind by a couple of TD's late with the passing game. That isn't the game plan though. PC will make PM earn every yard against the best D in the league all the while trying to grind out clock with the running game. PM will dictate how this game is played, not RW. I am confident the Hawks will win an ugly game, just as they have all year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Pete Prisco can shampoo the crabs out of Largent80's crotch.

aawolf

Reaction score
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TWEET THIS ARTICLE OUT TO MIKE AND MIKE AND COLIN COWHERD? I don't have twitter, but I'd like to hear them get some facts right regarding Wilson for once. Thanks in advance.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I love that article,

It really erases a lot of the, (pain in the ass), doubt thats been creeping in to my mind. If Russell has a good game, we win. He's Due, too.