Derrick Coleman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Derrick Coleman
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 am
  • Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Derrick Coleman
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 am
  • Probably because he doesnt start.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:09 am
  • Dont be silly, a man talking too little and one talking too much is miles more interesting than a guy fighting the odds, having an incredible story and being a genuine inspiration to people all over the country.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:19 am

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Dont be silly, a man talking too little and one talking too much is miles more interesting than a guy fighting the odds, having an incredible story and being a genuine inspiration to people all over the country.

This...it's too hard to actually have to write a story about Coleman or MRob almost dying. They want their headlines and stories written for them.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am
  • there to worried about marshawn not talking
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am
  • bryantology79 wrote:he did a really good job answering questions yesterday. surprised the networks didnt even mention him.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... eb82fc2cd7

I was surprised as well. Hopefully they are going to have more in depth on him and are just saving it for their Game Day segments. It's a really good story line and one of the things I think a lot of people out there who may not be football fans (or seahawks fans) would get behind. I know if he were on a team and it weren't the seahawks, I would want to hear about his story. Usually these types of stories are covered ad nauseum this week.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm
  • Not many feel good stories floating around.
    Media trying to make the hawks out as ......
    Well you know what I'm getting at.
    I love me some Seahawks.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far

They have no idea how to handle a deaf person I was surprised nobody seemed to know sign language to possibly ask actual questions. Either way he handled the situation with class and grace he made me proud to be a 12.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:38 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:They have no idea how to handle a deaf person I was surprised nobody seemed to know sign language to possibly ask actual questions. Either way he handled the situation with class and grace he made me proud to be a 12.

Derrick has said he doesn't do sign language.
    dbmack
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 pm
  • dbmack wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:They have no idea how to handle a deaf person I was surprised nobody seemed to know sign language to possibly ask actual questions. Either way he handled the situation with class and grace he made me proud to be a 12.

Derrick has said he doesn't do sign language.

Ahh, makes sense then.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:50 pm
  • "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 am
  • They want to write the stories they brought with them, rather than do real reporting.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:39 am
  • Exactly. They already have their stories ... "Hawks are villain, Sherman is a thug and Lynch is disrespectful "
    Reaneypark wrote:They want to write the stories they brought with them, rather than do real reporting.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 am

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 am

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 am
  • Now that's a story...see sports media...it ain't that hard
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:39 am
  • Coleman is a starter on ST as there are 3 phases to the game and Coleman is a hella good ST player.

I thought he was exceptional in his PC yesterday and spoke amazingly well for a player with his limitation. A limitation that doesn't limit him a bit.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:42 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far

Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places. Go to the news section of Google and search for Derrick Coleman. There are quite a few articles from just the last two days.
    Saints Fan Since 1967, but ...

Seahawks >= Saints

The Continuing Journeys of the Hawk Hat
    AsylumGuido
    * Class Act Saints Fan *

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:56 am
  • AsylumGuido wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far

Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places. Go to the news section of Google and search for Derrick Coleman. There are quite a few articles from just the last two days.

Perhaps I should have been moe specific. I have seen some things but they are not making much of a story out of it. There has been little national coverage and no tv time whatsoever. I've watched tins of fox espn and Nfln this week. The official seahawks site and local papers have quite a bit and there is a smattering of small stories, but I think he would be an excellent story to tell. Not only that he's legally deaf but he seems to be such an amazing individual. I would think one could get his story without having to try to find it.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Coleman is a starter on ST as there are 3 phases to the game and Coleman is a hella good ST player.

I thought he was exceptional in his PC yesterday and spoke amazingly well for a player with his limitation. A limitation that doesn't limit him a bit.

It's cuz those batteries, boss.

Get that copper top, boss.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:56 am
  • I was amused by Coleman getting some stick off Jon Ryan, a guy who looks like a duracell battery.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information