Today's Practice 01/29/14

Sedaisan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Giants cleaned off their outside field so our boys can practice in the cold today?

JonRud

Reaction score
no clue but we did get some more snow here last night. only an inch or two but it's very cold out so the field may be frozen.

mikeak

Reaction score
I heard Denver was practicing on a different turf because the grass is to hard to practice on. Still think it was outside

mikeak

Reaction score
pmedic920":d2nr313h said:
Can't link it but, I heard they are practicing outside but not on the game field. For whatever that's worth.

That was on the ESPN ticker for Denver. Are you sure it was the same for Seattle? Makes sense based on prior news about the field

pmedic920

Reaction score
mikeak":35nmib9x said:
pmedic920":35nmib9x said:
Can't link it but, I heard they are practicing outside but not on the game field. For whatever that's worth.

That was on the ESPN ticker for Denver. Are you sure it was the same for Seattle? Makes sense based on prior news about the field

They followed up by saying the game field was not in the condition to be practiced on.
I've had the NFLN on all day, no ESPN so far today.

summesm

Reaction score
Nfl live on espn just reported giant outside fields still not cleaned off and Pete wanted to practice outside as much as possible. So they are inside with all doors open to facility

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Per Ed Werder, the Hawks practiced in the Giants indoor facility as the outdoor facility was still frozen. What Pete did though was open up all the doors of the facility to make it have similar temperatures to what it was outside. Still don't like the fact that they cannot get a chance to practice outside.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm not worried about this. They played in a cold rainy playoff game, they played at Giants Stadium in December.. they practice in 30-40 degree temps all the time.. this team is used to this.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3jmkndv2 said:
I'm not worried about this. They played in a cold rainy playoff game, they played at Giants Stadium in December.. they practice in 30-40 degree temps all the time.. this team is used to this.
Concur completely.

nategreat

Reaction score
The thing is though, the Broncos got to practice outside. Not exactly fair, but oh well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
nategreat":1mgoemtv said:
The thing is though, the Broncos got to practice outside. Not exactly fair, but oh well.

Yes but we get to practice near MetLife, the Barncos have to practice way far away :snack:

drdiags

Reaction score
Broncos (Jets) practice facility has field turf or artificial grass, Seahawks (Giants) have grass fields. Something the NFL will have to think about for the next NY/NJ Superbowl. Just make do with what you have and if this is a factor for losing the game, really tough break but nothing is going to change what it is today.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Peter King via Twitter: Nine times I've been a SB pool reporter. Today's the fastest practice I've covered at a SB. Carroll loved hearing that.

Indoor, outdoor, whatever. Boys are ready.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":6e52b94d said:
Peter King via Twitter: Nine times I've been a SB pool reporter. Today's the fastest practice I've covered at a SB. Carroll loved hearing that.

Indoor, outdoor, whatever. Boys are ready.

Carroll hell! I loved hearing that! :sherlock: