hawks have Home field advantage in superbowl?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • according to Brian Billick's tweet:
    "According to @seatgeek,#Seahawks fans will outnumber #Broncos fans by fair margin. 18% of buyers originate from WA, just 8.1% from Co."

That would be awsome to see Peyton Manning dealing with crowd noise in the superbowl.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• The seatgeek thing is pretty cool, but a lot of the people in the seats aren't coming from Seattle or Colorado, so it will probably still be fairly balanced, but this is SO much better than the slobberfest there was for Pittsburgh at Super Bowl XL or the abundance of fans who'd have shown up had it been the Patriots instead of the Broncos. I think having two teams from the "West" makes the crowd more balanced. With that said, Seahawks fans are something special, so I expect to hear them more than the Bronco fans
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Hawks fans need to get the chants and yelling going early and often. The other 74% of people there most of them probably don't have a favorite and will join in to be part of the 12th man chaos if you get them warmed up early.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• There will definitely be more 'true' Hawks fans than Broncos fans, but I think most of the neutral people will be rooting for Peyton to win. of course those people aren't so loud like the 12's.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• I wonder what kind of following the Bronco's have nationally? With Manning that probably boosts their fandom but how does it compare to the 12th man?

I am extremely excited to see a Superb Owl in NY where the 12th man represents. Would love to be one of those fan bases that the NFL knows would hold their feet to the fire for poor officiating.

The 12th man has grown significantly this season which is how we were able to take over in AZ. Would love to see us do that at every away game and a good showing in the Superb Owl would likely generate some national excitement that people want to be part of.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Well, we get Pam Oliver on our sideline instead of Erin Andrews this time. Not sure if that's good or not.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• I am sure the Broncos have more bandwagon out of state fans than we do though. I saw Wes Welker is leading in jersey sales this week.

Golden Tate broke my heart. He also ruined my 'Don't Hate Golden Tate' shirt.
    candybars
    NET Rookie

• Oliver? she probably has John Fox on speed dial to let him know who gets dinged during the game. Another real piece of work Journalist.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• The crowd noise will be NOTHING like at CLink. There was a huge difference in crowd noise between the first NO game and the playoff NO game. The second game wasn't loaded with blue collar noise makers. As the ticket prices go up, the crowd changes drastically. Most people who can afford tickets to the SB are not going to be noise makers.
    While there maybe more people in the stands rooting for the Hawks, there will not be much noise. Book it.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• RichNhansom wrote:The 12th man has grown significantly this season which is how we were able to take over in AZ. Would love to see us do that at every away game and a good showing in the Superb Owl would likely generate some national excitement that people want to be part of.

Some people here would argue that some of those 12s aren't "REAL" fans because they haven't been following the team since the late 70s. Who needs their noise anyway?

Personally, I'll take all the 12s we can get. Long as they make some noise...
    gulliver
    NET Practice Squad

• How do they determine where the sales originate and who the tickets are for? I can see counting ticket sales tracking WA and CO zip codes, but what about out of state zip codes, how do they know which team they're supporting?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I remember being blown away at how loud the 10,000 or so 12's were during XL.

This year 12's are everywhere and I am willing to bet right now that 12's will outnumber them 2/3 to 1/3 or even more.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• It will sound like a Typical (non-Seahawk) Home game when the Broncos offense is on the field. Better than nothing.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Nah, just run down to Radio Shack and by a bunch of speakers and wire and microphones, we pump in noise at home, why not on the road :0

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:The crowd noise will be NOTHING like at CLink. There was a huge difference in crowd noise between the first NO game and the playoff NO game. The second game wasn't loaded with blue collar noise makers. As the ticket prices go up, the crowd changes drastically. Most people who can afford tickets to the SB are not going to be noise makers.
    While there maybe more people in the stands rooting for the Hawks, there will not be much noise. Book it.

Wasn't the 2nd Saints game even cheaper than the 1st one?
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• Remember the AZ away game. 12s showed up and were loud. Not as many 12s at Card fans, but those who traveled were loud.
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

• 18% hawks fans? That doesnt include the Oregon, Alaska, Idaho sales... Plus the Hawks fans all over the country... so lets just call it 25% Hawks fans...

Who cares how many orange shirts there are... the real rabbid hawk fans will far outweigh the Doncos fans...
    BlueBlood
    NET Starter

• 253hawk wrote:Well, we get Pam Oliver on our sideline instead of Erin Andrews this time. Not sure if that's good or not.

I hope she gets bopped by a frozen football this time.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• 253hawk wrote:Well, we get Pam Oliver on our sideline instead of Erin Andrews this time. Not sure if that's good or not.

No.. This needs to change. That is down right low. I cannot stand that bitch. She has no reason to be on the Hawks sideline.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Does anyone know what the vibe in NY is like? Are you seeing more Hawk fans? Bronco fans? 50/50? Somehow if the 12th man were a factor in this SB (yeah I know some who bought tickets were rich bandwagon types but none the less) it would epic.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    253hawk wrote:Well, we get Pam Oliver on our sideline instead of Erin Andrews this time. Not sure if that's good or not.

No.. This needs to change. That is down right low. I cannot stand that bitch. She has no reason to be on the Hawks sideline.

I wonder if she'll ask the refs if they are going to call defensive holding again?
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• On my Seahawk-centric facebook feed, I've been hearing that Times Square has been routinely filled with 12s this week.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• Lynch Mob wrote:according to Brian Billick's tweet:
    "According to @seatgeek,#Seahawks fans will outnumber #Broncos fans by fair margin. 18% of buyers originate from WA, just 8.1% from Co."

That would be awsome to see Peyton Manning dealing with crowd noise in the superbowl.

:sarcasm_on: huh .. that is so weird, I didnt realize that 18% of the tickets equated to a majority. Guess my Colorado education didn't really live up to all it was cracked up to be ......... :sarcasm_off:
    Breaker
    NET Bench Warmer

• Breaker wrote:
    Lynch Mob wrote:according to Brian Billick's tweet:

:sarcasm_on: huh .. that is so weird, I didnt realize that 18% of the tickets equated to a majority. Guess my Colorado education didn't really live up to all it was cracked up to be ......... :sarcasm_off:

You do realise that most Superbowl tickets are given/bought by neutral third parties. The Superbowl is very corporate. However, the fact remains, as of now, the available tickets seem to be going to Seattle fans at a bit more than twice the clip as Denver fans.

Will this generate a home field advantage? If so, it'll be slight at most. However, it will be a far cry from the abomination the Seahawks had to face in Superbowl XL which may as well have been a Steeler home game.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information