Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest "expert" EVER

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Ron Jawarski and a lot of the ESPN talking heads have never liked Russell Wilson. They never saw him as a high draft pick. When he got drafted, they expected him to be a backup. But he won the job. When Russell was struggling early last year, they said "I told you so". Once Russell started winning, they attributed his wins to the defense.
    What a lot of these fools seem to forget is that, Russell carried this team last year with his arm and legs, where the Defense failed. At Miami, Chicago, Detroit and even at Atlanta. Russell carried the team, but the defense failed to close the deal in certain situations. They will never mention that.
    Russell has "struggled" the last few weeks. But every QB goes through stretches.
    They will see the real Russell on Sunday. With so much negativity in the press, I hope our guys are taking it very personal. I know Lynch is. I know Sherman and Russell are. I know ALL our guys are.
    Manning might get his yards on Sunday. Manning might march this team down the field on Sunday, but one thing is sure: Our defense is going to hit their players hard. The second half will tell another story.
    I expect us to win by 2-3 TDs.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• HawkRiderFan wrote:On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.

It's not like Russell got to pad his stats like Manning did this season against the worst defenses in the league. Russell's struggles have come against top 10 defenses. I don't know how these so-called "experts" continue to ignore this.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Re: Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:34 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Hawk Strap wrote:Cam Newton

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

Colin never got kicked out of school for stealing a laptop either.

Sorry...can't stand Newton. I've never liked the guy.

Cam doesn't have the speed? They both run a 4.5 40.

And we could say the same thing about Kaps face when he plays Seattle, whenever something doesn't go his way you can see his facial expressions, and body language...Very similar to Cam *shrugs*
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

• I'm actually a life long Raiders fan. Yeah I know, pathetic. Seahawks a close #2.

So glad the Raiders gave Jaws the beat down in the Super Bowl. Can't stand that guy.
    marko358
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm
  • checkdanews wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

And we could say the same thing about Kaps face when he plays Seattle, whenever something doesn't go his way you can see his facial expressions, and body language...Very similar to Cam *shrugs*

Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

I knew peeps would disagree with me on the second part.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

Perhaps not as much as you might think. I still think Wilson is better than Kaepernick but I am a Seattle fan. That said, if I had to pick between Cam and Kaep to be my starting QB, I'd pick Kaep.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Kap is faster than Cam. Just like Harvin is faster than Tate. Combine numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Back on topic. I think Jaws has been critical of Wilson since entering the league and now he feels the need to defend himself instead of just admitting he was wrong on him. He has Wilson in the 20's almost all last year when that was obviously ridiculous. Sometimes these talking heads let their ego stand in their way. I would honestly respect these guys more if they just called it like they see it and admit when they're wrong. Jaws is bordering on pathetic at this point as Ditka and Huard have pointed out.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    checkdanews wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

Well - I agree for what it's worth - - at least from the games vs the Hawks that I've seen against SF & Car. Our defense didn't have any problems tackling Cam while Kaep was giving us fits in the last game.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• I think he has had concussions because he says the most idiotic things.

He showed a clip from the preseason game where Sherman is covering Demaryus Thomas. DT had a slight push off, extending his arm and creating separation. Richard was downfield toward the goal line, behind DT but Jaws says "Look at that vertical leap! Demaryus goes up over Richard Sherman and takes that ball away!"

Uh...wut? DT was looking back toward PMan and receiving the ball, Sherman was behind DT, away from the QB, towards the goal line. It was physically impossible for DT to "go up over Sherman and take the ball away" because Sherman was downfield.

Just one example of idiocy. And he's going on about how that play represents what Denver will do Sunday. But Dilfer comes off as the smart one and says "I respect Jaws so much but that was preseason and it means nothing in what these teams will be doing Sunday."

Jaws got upset and argued with Trent, it was silly. :34853_doh:

Edit: To Jaws credit he did make a joke of it at the end.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• ivotuk wrote:I think he has had concussions because he says the most idiotic things.

He showed a clip from the preseason game where Sherman is covering Demaryus Thomas. DT had a slight push off, extending his arm and creating separation. Richard was downfield toward the goal line, behind DT but Jaws says "Look at that vertical leap! Demaryus goes up over Richard Sherman and takes that ball away!"

Uh...wut? DT was looking back toward PMan and receiving the ball, Sherman was behind DT, away from the QB, towards the goal line. It was physically impossible for DT to "go up over Sherman and take the ball away" because Sherman was downfield.

Just one example of idiocy. And he's going on about how that play represents what Denver will do Sunday. But Dilfer comes off as the smart one and says "I respect Jaws so much but that was preseason and it means nothing in what these teams will be doing Sunday."

Jaws got upset and argued with Trent, it was silly. :34853_doh:

Edit: To Jaws credit he did make a joke of it at the end.

I pointed that out a little earlier in the thread. Was just a terrible example of "beating" Sherm. Funny thing is, 90% of the people who have watched it probably don't recognize this.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:29 am
  • Polaris wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Kap is faster than Cam. I know what the combine numbers say, but I've seen their speed in games. Kap is faster and Cam is bigger and stronger (tho Kap has a better arm and a longer release).

Perhaps not as much as you might think. I still think Wilson is better than Kaepernick but I am a Seattle fan. That said, if I had to pick between Cam and Kaep to be my starting QB, I'd pick Kaep.

Agreed if those are my choices. I think Cam is mentally soft. Keep is starting not to be soft it's going to be interesting the next 10-15 years.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:33 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    checkdanews wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Hey funboy. Nobody cares about your gangly baby giraffe quarterback or the oversized man-baby in Carolina. This be about the man Russell Wilson, the greatness that be Russell Wilson and what a giant incompetent moron Ron Jaworski is. Keep your goofy knock-kneed gonzo face quarterback out of it. Capice?!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Previous

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information