Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest "expert" EVER

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?
    WTF is a "random quarterback"? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge this doofus? This guy makes Trent Dilfer look like Stephen Hawking.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?
    WTF is a "random quarterback"? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge this doofus? This guy makes Trent Dilfer look like Stephen Hawking.

He also doesn't see the value of limiting Peyton's possessions. Say what? Have you forgotten everything you ever learned about time of possession???? At least Montana set him straight on that one.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Did Pete Prisco die? No, wait, even if he did he would still qualify under "EVER."

Hmmm...

Can't agree, OP.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.
    What he says is wilson just makes plays but he doesn't understand how it happens, so it's pretty much his way of saying wilson is the least conventional QB in the league who's successful.
    However his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Seriously though, Jaws has enough X's and O's knowledge to not really contend for dumbest. It just doesn't translate into good analysis, so he's not very good overall.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• what did he say?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Turn off the TV and get outside a little between now and Sunday. The 24/7 chatter will break the strongest of us all.
    * NET Staff *

• But but but he thinks Kaepernick will be the best QB EVER!
    Formula for success: Rise early, Work hard, repeat.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Rookie

• davidonmi wrote:sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.
    What he says is wilson just makes plays but he doesn't understand how it happens, so it's pretty much his way of saying wilson is the least conventional QB in the league who's successful.
    However his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb

He said that Wilson does not understand how he makes plays? This is the same guy that thinks kaepernick will be the GOAT QB and thinks this because he is big.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.

When you say what you have highlighted above - are you referring to Jaws? Or to Russell? If you are saying the former, then I'd agree - but if you are referring to Russell, then I couldn't disagree more. Russell very much understands how it happens, that's why he's been able to do it so much. He can be effective playing the traditional QB role, but really does special things when forced to innovate...and part of that is BECAUSE he prepares and studies so well.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.

He said that Wilson does not understand how he makes plays? This is the same guy that thinks kaepernick will be the GOAT QB and thinks this because he is big.

For the record, he thinks that Kap HAS THE POTENTIAL to be the best ever because of his size, speed, arm, and intelligence.

It's up to Kap...but can you think of another player who has all of those tools the way he does?

Granted tho...it was WAY, WAY, WAY too early to make that statement. He did say he still thought that a few weeks ago on Bay Area Radio but amended it by saying he was hopeing to see more improvement form Kap this year than he saw.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Cam Newton
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Hawkstorian wrote:Turn off the TV and get outside a little between now and Sunday. The 24/7 chatter will break the strongest of us all.

Yep. Agreed 100%.

Ignore the noise...I finally reached my fill last night.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

Re: Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am
  • Hawk Strap wrote:Cam Newton

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

Colin never got kicked out of school for stealing a laptop either.

Sorry...can't stand Newton. I've never liked the guy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.

LOL...Its funny when I hear media people talk like this.

When there are so many people with so few teams to talk about, they will find a way to turn a positive into a negative just to give themselves something to talk about.

Ignore it. Wilson will be fine.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Willie McGinest: "Newsflash! Russell Wilson is good from inside the pocket too!" :mrgreen:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Right now Kaep reminds me most of Michael Vick in his prime. Time will tell if Kaep can elevate his passing game beyond what Vick was able to do.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Polaris wrote:Right now Kaep reminds me most of Michael Vick in his prime. Time will tell if Kaep can elevate his passing game beyond what Vick was able to do.

Thats probably fair, but he's also 4 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and doesn't run a dog fighting ring in the offseason. :) Vick was also even faster than Kap is.

I think he compares most to Randall Cunningham.

I think he's much more dedicated than either of those guys tho and that's what gives me hope.

The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot. He knows he needs to improve his progressions. Next year should be interesting.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Chrome_Seahawk wrote:

When you say what you have highlighted above - are you referring to Jaws? Or to Russell? If you are saying the former, then I'd agree - but if you are referring to Russell, then I couldn't disagree more. Russell very much understands how it happens, that's why he's been able to do it so much. He can be effective playing the traditional QB role, but really does special things when forced to innovate...and part of that is BECAUSE he prepares and studies so well.

Everyone here understands, what I'm refereeing to is jaworski, he sees stuff from a completely conventional mindset so he doesn't get it. When he says that he isn't calling Wilson a bad qb but it's his way of saying unusual. I don't fully agree with that but I understand what he's saying
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot.

Probably forgot his beats.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:.........his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb

:13:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Marvin49 wrote:
    The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot.

Probably forgot his beats.

LOL.

I give you points for humor. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Willie McGinest: "Newsflash! Russell Wilson is good from inside the pocket too!" :mrgreen:

Willie McGinest is quickly becoming one of my favorite commentators. He seems to be very reasonable and fair with his educated opinions. Plus he speaks well, so I think he's doing a great job.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Totally crap...I had to stop listening to Mike and Mike with their lazy analysis. They don't realize the dude is on pace to becoming the greatest QB of all time. Second all time in TD passes thrown if his first two years. First in Total Games won his first two years. Best QB rating in his first two years over 100. He doesn't throw a lot only because he doesn't need to and he shouldn't. He makes huge plays when he has to. He's not going to have the gaudy stats because he knows when to take risks and when not to. He's like the Gambler in the Kenny Rodger's song--knows when to hold em', knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes that could cost the team the game. But, he's not "limited" in any way. I'm so sick of him not getting the props he deserves as a Super Bowl QB. He's statistically better than Luck in every single stat except total yards (more TDs, less INTs, better completion percentage, better YPT, better QB rating). How can Russell not be considered great by anyone who bothers looking at his numbers?
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• aawolf wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Totally crap...I had to stop listening to Mike and Mike with their lazy analysis. They don't realize the dude is on pace to becoming the greatest QB of all time. Second all time in TD passes thrown if his first two years. First in Total Games won his first two years. Best QB rating in his first two years over 100. He doesn't throw a lot only because he doesn't need to and he shouldn't. He makes huge plays when he has to. He's not going to have the gaudy stats because he knows when to take risks and when not to. He's like the Gambler in the Kenny Rodger's song--knows when to hold em', knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away, and knows when to run. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes that could cost the team the game. But, he's not "limited" in any way. I'm so sick of him not getting the props he deserves as a Super Bowl QB. He's statistically better than Luck in every single stat except total yards (more TDs, less INTs, better completion percentage, better YPT, better QB rating). How can Russell not be considered great by anyone who bothers looking at his numbers?

Totally agree, yet for sports writers they seem obsessed with PASSING YARDS, as if that is what defines a great QB. So far Wilson is the most "efficient QB" among the young QB's. Wilson has still never lost by more than a TD. yet you have "experts" who are predicting a double digit win for Manning and the Broncos. Early on NFL network Michael Irvin said that if Seattle started the Super Bowl like they did against SF (fumble on first drive) that the game would be over, nevermind that Seattle was able to come back on a MUCH better defense in SF than Denver. The game can't get here soon enough.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Brock (on KIRO) was talking to Ditka today who was saying what a phenomenal QB Wilson is. Brock told Ditka he should go talk to Jaworski and Ditka's reply was (Paraphrasing here) "why should I talk to him he doesn't know anything" :lol:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• aawolf wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Just to be fair. it was Jaworski saying that stuff on the Mike and Mike show. But yeah they have said the same things about Wilson too.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• kidhawk wrote:Brock (on KIRO) was talking to Ditka today who was saying what a phenomenal QB Wilson is. Brock told Ditka he should go talk to Jaworski and Ditka's reply was (Paraphrasing here) "why should I talk to him he doesn't know anything" :lol:

WIN! Such a great quote. Ditka doesn't know shit either, but he's kinda loveable somehow now that he's an old man.

jlwaters1 wrote:
    aawolf wrote:

Totally agree, yet for sports writers they seem obsessed with PASSING YARDS, as if that is what defines a great QB. So far Wilson is the most "efficient QB" among the young QB's. Wilson has still never lost by more than a TD. yet you have "experts" who are predicting a double digit win for Manning and the Broncos. Early on NFL network Michael Irvin said that if Seattle started the Super Bowl like they did against SF (fumble on first drive) that the game would be over, nevermind that Seattle was able to come back on a MUCH better defense in SF than Denver. The game can't get here soon enough.

THIS is because Fantasy Football is making people stoooopid. In Fantasy, you actually get POINTS for passing yards, so stupid people think that throwing for a bunch of passing yards in a nactual GAME somehow makes you win. SCORING ACTUAL POINTS makes you win.

maroons!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Jaworskis big mouth and ultra biased opinions are not even listened to in my house, and there is an ever growing list every 5 minutes. Which is why I would rather listen to KIRO radio online than watch tv.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Jaworski will never acknowledge that Russell is a top-5 QB.

The reason being... Russell does not play the game like Jaworski did.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?

IMHO he invalidated any future opinions when he said that "captain one read and run" was going to be one of the best of all time. After that the rest is just verbal diarrhea.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• kidhawk wrote:Brock (on KIRO) was talking to Ditka today who was saying what a phenomenal QB Wilson is. Brock told Ditka he should go talk to Jaworski and Ditka's reply was (Paraphrasing here) "why should I talk to him he doesn't know anything" :lol:

Yeah it was something about how Jaws had no common sense. I literally laughed out loud when he said it.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.
    "Peyton is going to be patient, and that's going to beat the seattle defense"
    yeah, patiently waiting for the pass rush to swarm him
    If he beats us it's not by patience, it's by getting the ball out quickly
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Russell would rather hear those guys doubt him than praise him. I hope they keep it up.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.

Yeah I'm not even sure what that means.

When Wilson buys time and holds the ball for a receiver to get open, he's random

So Manning needs to hold the ball and wait for a receiver to get open and he will be patient?
    amill87
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.

I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

That's been one of my biggest points for the last week and a half. Peyton avoids sacks by getting the ball out quickly, which is great. Peyton is able the get the ball out quickly because Denver runs a timing based offense that requires their recievers to get a quick release off the line. That's what you have to do when you're a statue QB and Peyton provides the textbook example of that. HOWEVER... Seattle's defense, whether it's 3 deep zone or cover 1, requires our corners to jam (hard) and screw up those timing routes. Those same routes that Peyton depends on to get the ball out quickly. You know Coach Richard and Coach Quinn know that, so you can be sure that contact within 5 yards is going to be a big part of our gameplan on Sunday.

If Peyton has to sit around and wait for guys to get open, he's going to get hit. When he gets hit he'll either be taking the sack, or throwing the uncatchable ball to salvage the field position, but he will be hit. A lot. PeyPey doesn't like getting hit. It will have an effect on him. I don't expect him to get happy feet or trigger happy, but he won't be a happy camper.

Denver's a pretty potent offense and those recievers are pretty damn good, so I'm sure there will be occasions where their guys get a quick release and PeyPey takes advantage. That will happen several times on Sunday and I'm prepared to see that happen. But to just arbitrarily throw out that Peyton's going to beat the crap out of Seattle's defense because he's going to be patient or because he's going to get the ball out quickly is a load of crap and whoever says it has clearly not done their homework.

I've been saying this all along; our defense will bend a lot (probably a lot more than people will be comfortable seeing) but it will not break. We are down right stodgy inside the 20 and we won't let them score 7 points very often. They will be settling for a LOT of field goals. Our offense will need to show up to take advantace and counter those FG's with TD's.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Natethegreat wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.

I highly doubt they meant patient as in Peyton would sit back in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open. I'm sure what they meant by patient is he will get the ball out quickly to whomever is open and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force the issue. He is very good at this and I imagine he will get some completions and first downs this way. hopefully we hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns though. I think this defense is up to the challenge.

This what I think he meant to. Have Manning take the 5 yard checkdowns vs trying to force balls further downhill. I am hoping in that situation, if it's taking them 10-15 plays, at some point before they hit paydirt it will just take one sack, holding penalty, pass defended to end the drive.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• Just watched Jaworski use a play from the preseason game in which Thomas clearly pushed off (I mean, the arm was fully extended) and then high point a ball against Sherman as an example of how they can go at Sherm in this game.

:34853_doh:
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Jaws is an idiot now. He ALWAYS was an idiot. Dude is a snooze fest that contradicts himself and is nonsensical.
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:Just watched Jaworski use a play from the preseason game in which Thomas clearly pushed off (I mean, the arm was fully extended) and then high point a ball against Sherman as an example of how they can go at Sherm in this game.

:34853_doh:

Don't they know that pushing off is the most called penalty in Super Bowls? Especially in the endzone. Stupid Jaworski. That guy doesn't even look like a quarterback. He looks like a substitute teacher. Screw that guy...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Natethegreat wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:a lot of the other crap they played on brock and danny was worse.

it was jaworski that said it, they were just playing it.
    You're probably right on that, brockndanny took it as peyton waiting in the pocket to find a reciever, so I assumed that's what Jaworski meant. Now that I think about it the what you took away from those comments makes more sense
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• When Dildofer sounds like a genius talking on the same set as you which was just the case on NFL Live, you Frisco Ron are a complete moron.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• davidonmi wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:

You're probably right on that, brockndanny took it as peyton waiting in the pocket to find a reciever, so I assumed that's what Jaworski meant. Now that I think about it the what you took away from those comments makes more sense

That doesn't sound like patience. That sounds like the opposite of patience actually. That's like... being proactive or not being greedy or playing smart or... something other than patience. No, patience to me sounds like camping in the pocket, doing that little hop hop hop thing PeyPey does and waiting for plays to develop (their little pick plays probably) and guys to get open. if PeyPey does that a lot, he's taking a quick all expenses paid trip to the dirt cuz Bennett and Avril will be all up in his grille with the quickness.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wilson plays against the best every single day, you can call it chaos in which he succeeds but I gaurantee you its organized chaos in his mind. The Forehead is lauded for his ability to read the defense, omaha omaha omaha, gets the snap and makes a blind timing throw for a touchdown and is called a genius.. Wilson reads the defense, feels the rush and moves out of harms way to allow his guys the time to seperate or he kills you with his feet but he doesnt know how he does it? What a dolt!
    BlueBlood
    NET Starter

• CANHawk wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:

That doesn't sound like patience. That sounds like the opposite of patience actually. That's like... being proactive or not being greedy or playing smart or... something other than patience. No, patience to me sounds like camping in the pocket, doing that little hop hop hop thing PeyPey does and waiting for plays to develop (their little pick plays probably) and guys to get open. if PeyPey does that a lot, he's taking a quick all expenses paid trip to the dirt cuz Bennett and Avril will be all up in his grille with the quickness.

Its being patient by not forcing the ball in were it could be picked off. Its being patient in taking what you can get rather than trying a low percentage pass. If he indeed meant standing back in the pocket then he doesn't understand Peyton's game very well nor is he very bright. I really highly doubt thats what he meant by being patient though.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:When Dildofer sounds like a genius talking on the same set as you which was just the case on NFL Live, you Frisco Ron are a complete moron.

I can agree that Prisco and Jaworski are almost smart enough to make it to one moron.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• ^oh i agree that's probably what he meant, but I think patience is totally the wrong word. How is rocketing the ball to the first open guy you see in 3.2 seconds or whatever being "patient"? That's probably going to be their gameplan and (if their guys can get a quick release) is the best way to keep Peyton upright, but I wouldn't call that patient. it's smart, prudent, cagey, savvy, any number of things, but it isn't being patient.

I feel a little "Roland-ish" doing this, but the dictionary (google) definition of "Patient" is: "able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious." The dictionary definition speaks to tolerating delays, waiting patiently for something to happen. So how is doing something as quickly as humanly possible to avoid being blown up being "patient".

No. this is proof that Jaworski is a dolt. As a substitute teacher, he should really know better.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:^oh i agree that's probably what he meant, but I think patience is totally the wrong word. How is rocketing the ball to the first open guy you see in 3.2 seconds or whatever being "patient"? That's probably going to be their gameplan and (if their guys can get a quick release) is the best way to keep Peyton upright, but I wouldn't call that patient. it's smart, prudent, cagey, savvy, any number of things, but it isn't being patient.

I feel a little "Roland-ish" doing this, but the dictionary (google) definition of "Patient" is: "able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious." The dictionary definition speaks to tolerating delays, waiting patiently for something to happen. So how is doing something as quickly as humanly possible to avoid being blown up being "patient".

No. this is proof that Jaworski is a dolt. As a substitute teacher, he should really know better.

I hear ya.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information