Lynch Presser on NFLN

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lynch is speaking on NFL Network now. M Rob is sitting with him and trying to take the heat off of him, but Lynch obviously looks pained when he has to speak. After a few questions, MRob takes over and answers all the questions and ends each one with "Boss" and Lynch finally breaks down and starts cracking up then sprinkles in a few comments a bit more at ease. If nothing else, THIS is why M Rob needs to be on this team.

Watching Lynch in a presser is painful to watch. I really wish that they would make exceptions in cases where people obviously aren't comfortable in that situation. Make exceptions for guys like that so they can do one on ones instead of huge pressers like this

tacomahawk

Reaction score
That was so hard to watch, thankfully he has a great friend in MRob, who can take some of the heat. That was a disgusting display by the media, they are ruining what is supposed to be the most magical week of his life. He has worked so hard to get here, and look at the memories he is going to have thus far. I hate these media asshats.

#LEAVETHEBEASTALONE

aawolf

Reaction score
LOL at Robinson leading the way and deflecting tacklers just like he does on the field.

fan4life

Reaction score
More media gold, right there. Marshawn and MRob owning the media. Twice.

ML had obviously been told by the Seahawks' media dept. that he needs to talk to the media because they help build a 'bridge to the fans.' But, as BeastMode said, "the 12s don't want to cross that bridge.... they got my back [ie, without me talking to you guys..]" BAM!!

He also zinged the ESPN guy when he said the league wouldn't be threatening to fine him if it weren't for the [ESPN] reporters complaining about lack of access to him.

BeastMode and MRob nailed it. Although I doubt ESPN got what they wanted. :)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
just think of all the emotion and rage building up in the beast this week.

Sorry Denver, for what's about to happen to you.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
they've got the video on NFL.com now

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000319583/Lynch-I-m-just-here-so-I-won-t-get-fined[/urltargetblank]

Polaris

Reaction score
Even with M-Rob, that was painful to watch. The press is acting like a classless pack of wolves, and Lynch is right. The FANS (who the media is supposed to serve) don't care, so why should they? That tells me that the media is being entirely self-serving here, and would pull the wings off flies if that got them a story.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?

HawkCop

Reaction score
All I can say is this man has gotten us to the Super Bowl and they're making him answer some STUPID ass questions he doesn't want to answer. Leave him alone and let him focus on football.

Polaris

Reaction score
Always Fierce":180ozlmo said:
How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?

Lynch has been good for his entire time with Seattle. Until last year, we didn't have a good enough passing game to really complement him. Just my take anyway.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Throwdown":3fkjuge0 said:
Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

I do like players that don't talk much and just back up their play with action. From what I recall, Jerry Rice was very similar.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Always Fierce":6vh9s4wl said:
Throwdown":6vh9s4wl said:

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. He feels anxiety when being interviewed, not when on the football field.

Polaris

Reaction score
Always Fierce":1262ev0x said:
Throwdown":1262ev0x said:

That's not true. It's a very different thing to face others man on man in a setting you know and are comfortable with vs having to go on the public stage with hordes of people in a setting you know nothing about. What's worse (near as I can tell), he was treated badly before (while in Buff) by the press. That means he not only thinks the press is his enemy, but he knows it is....and once that feeling has hardened, it's almost impossible to shake.

Uffda

Reaction score
Truly a man of action not words.

Actions on the field are his words and he is eloquent and verbose there.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3izxnwqx said:
Always Fierce":3izxnwqx said:
Throwdown":3izxnwqx said:

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. He feels anxiety when being interviewed, not when on the football field.

How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The poor dude is so visibly uncomfortable there, why the hell force the issue? He has never trusted or opened up to the press, why would they suddenly expect all that to change? Mrob had his back but he was counting the seconds until he could just walk away from all of this! I am the same way with shopping Malls! I got about a twenty minute threshold of crowd tolerance and I got to go... BOSS! If I was him I would have just paid the fine honestly!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Always Fierce":1xsb0t1f said:

You mean averaging 1300 yards a season right out of college wasn't good? He fell out of grace in Buffalo, which led to the doghouse and a down year and then traded the next, but he didn't just suddenly 'get good'.

Polaris

Reaction score
Always Fierce":93s45lwx said:
bigtrain21":93s45lwx said:
Always Fierce":93s45lwx said:
Throwdown":93s45lwx said:

How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

Because they are entirely different things, is why it's possible. Make no mistakes, both are battlefields, but the rules are very, very different things and what is and isn't acceptable are very different things. Lynch isn't the first one either that was confortable on the football field and quite literally broke out in sweat during a press conference. He might simply be the best known.