Lynch Presser on NFLN

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Lynch Presser on NFLN
Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:19 am
  • Lynch is speaking on NFL Network now. M Rob is sitting with him and trying to take the heat off of him, but Lynch obviously looks pained when he has to speak. After a few questions, MRob takes over and answers all the questions and ends each one with "Boss" and Lynch finally breaks down and starts cracking up then sprinkles in a few comments a bit more at ease. If nothing else, THIS is why M Rob needs to be on this team.

Watching Lynch in a presser is painful to watch. I really wish that they would make exceptions in cases where people obviously aren't comfortable in that situation. Make exceptions for guys like that so they can do one on ones instead of huge pressers like this
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Lynch Presser on NFLN
Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 am
  • That was so hard to watch, thankfully he has a great friend in MRob, who can take some of the heat. That was a disgusting display by the media, they are ruining what is supposed to be the most magical week of his life. He has worked so hard to get here, and look at the memories he is going to have thus far. I hate these media asshats.

#LEAVETHEBEASTALONE
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 am
  • LOL at Robinson leading the way and deflecting tacklers just like he does on the field.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 am
  • More media gold, right there. Marshawn and MRob owning the media. Twice.

ML had obviously been told by the Seahawks' media dept. that he needs to talk to the media because they help build a 'bridge to the fans.' But, as BeastMode said, "the 12s don't want to cross that bridge.... they got my back [ie, without me talking to you guys..]" BAM!!

He also zinged the ESPN guy when he said the league wouldn't be threatening to fine him if it weren't for the [ESPN] reporters complaining about lack of access to him.

BeastMode and MRob nailed it. Although I doubt ESPN got what they wanted. :)
    Last edited by fan4life on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fan4life
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:35 am
  • just think of all the emotion and rage building up in the beast this week.

Sorry Denver, for what's about to happen to you.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 am

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 am
  • Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 am
  • Even with M-Rob, that was painful to watch. The press is acting like a classless pack of wolves, and Lynch is right. The FANS (who the media is supposed to serve) don't care, so why should they? That tells me that the media is being entirely self-serving here, and would pull the wings off flies if that got them a story.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 am
  • How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?
    Always Fierce
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 am
  • All I can say is this man has gotten us to the Super Bowl and they're making him answer some STUPID ass questions he doesn't want to answer. Leave him alone and let him focus on football.
    HawkCop
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?

Lynch has been good for his entire time with Seattle. Until last year, we didn't have a good enough passing game to really complement him. Just my take anyway.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

I do like players that don't talk much and just back up their play with action. From what I recall, Jerry Rice was very similar.
    Last edited by Always Fierce on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Always Fierce
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 am
  • The media is trying to break our Beast... WTF...
    Sedaisan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. He feels anxiety when being interviewed, not when on the football field.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:00 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:

That's not true. It's a very different thing to face others man on man in a setting you know and are comfortable with vs having to go on the public stage with hordes of people in a setting you know nothing about. What's worse (near as I can tell), he was treated badly before (while in Buff) by the press. That means he not only thinks the press is his enemy, but he knows it is....and once that feeling has hardened, it's almost impossible to shake.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 am
  • Truly a man of action not words.

Actions on the field are his words and he is eloquent and verbose there.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 am
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    Always Fierce wrote:

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. He feels anxiety when being interviewed, not when on the football field.

How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.
    Always Fierce
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 am
  • The poor dude is so visibly uncomfortable there, why the hell force the issue? He has never trusted or opened up to the press, why would they suddenly expect all that to change? Mrob had his back but he was counting the seconds until he could just walk away from all of this! I am the same way with shopping Malls! I got about a twenty minute threshold of crowd tolerance and I got to go... BOSS! If I was him I would have just paid the fine honestly!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?

You mean averaging 1300 yards a season right out of college wasn't good? He fell out of grace in Buffalo, which led to the doghouse and a down year and then traded the next, but he didn't just suddenly 'get good'.
    imnKOgnito
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    Always Fierce wrote:

How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

Because they are entirely different things, is why it's possible. Make no mistakes, both are battlefields, but the rules are very, very different things and what is and isn't acceptable are very different things. Lynch isn't the first one either that was confortable on the football field and quite literally broke out in sweat during a press conference. He might simply be the best known.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 am
  • Isn't there a saying?......Don't wake the sleeping Beast?

Denver is in big trouble.....Boss
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:

I do like players that don't talk much and just back up their play with action. From what I recall, Jerry Rice was very similar.

I agree with what others have said. He does seem to be overly anxious speaking in front of groups. He does fine on the field and in a social setting. He does ok when he's one on one, but put him in front of multiple reporters and he just look completely uncomfortable. Honestly, I can understand this. Public speaking is an anxiety many people are afflicted with. Those who have never felt it have a difficult time understanding it and they'll say things like "just do it and get it over with" but it's easier said than done for those who truly are afflicted by it. It honestly can manifest itself in a lot of ways. It really shows in this latest interview as Lynch is so uncomfortable talking to the media but when MRob takes over, he loosens up.

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

You obviously have no knowledge of how social anxiety works. It has nothing to do with how "manly" you are, and it manifests itself differently for different people. I've know people with social anxiety that are able to do great at their jobs and socialize just fine around a group of friends, but simply cannot handle a lot of attention being placed on them.

P.S. Your sexist comments have no place here.
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *

• I hope Carroll tells him to go out there and pretend that every Broncos defender is a sniveling reporter.
    Last edited by 253hawk on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• All I know is that I cant stop saying boss after everything now.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 am

Sir, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not.

But Lynch has been good 3 years, and honestly, all he needed was a fresh new start. He had worn out his welcome in Buffalo. Also if you remember his first two seasons he had 2 1000 yard seasons IN BUFFALO, then he started getting himself into trouble and fell out of favor because of the legal issues and the rise of that other RB i forgot the name of lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 am
  • Yoonhawk wrote:
    Always Fierce wrote:How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

You obviously have no knowledge of how social anxiety works. It has nothing to do with how "manly" you are, and it manifests itself differently for different people. I've know people with social anxiety that are able to do great at their jobs and socialize just fine around a group of friends, but simply cannot handle a lot of attention being placed on them.

P.S. Your sexist comments have no place here.

Sorry they weren't meant to be taken seriously - they were tongue-in-cheek. I have a world of respect for Marshawn Lynch and the way he plays the game.

That TD run he made against the Saints in the playoffs in 2011 made me an instant believer.
    Last edited by Always Fierce on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Always Fierce
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 am
  • Uffda wrote:Truly a man of action not words.

Actions on the field are his words and he is eloquent and verbose there.

I disagree. Watching him both yesterday and today, it's pretty obvious he CAN handle the media - he just has no use for idiot reporters who just want to create controversy instead of taking the time to understand what he's all about. IOW, he nailed ESPN.
    fan4life
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am
  • It's obvious Beast doesn't like to be in that situation and it's messed up that the NFL can force someone to have to do it. You wouldn't force someone that hates snakes to hangout in a room full of snakes.

That said, AWESOME interview.

Mike Rob taking over briefly was hilarious.

Boss.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am
  • I think anyone can see that he isn't comfortable, this is painful for me to watch.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

I've noticed that
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 am
  • Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.

That's exactly what I thought. Could you imagine what this would have been like if MRob hadn't been re-signed?

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:22 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.

That's exactly what I thought. Could you imagine what this would have been like if MRob hadn't been re-signed?

Don't want to even think about it lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 am
  • All the questions now are:
    "Talk to us about why you don't talk to us"

Ridiculously dumb... Just do what you do Lynch. We got your back.
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 am
  • Honestly, I didn't see a guy with social anxiety. I saw a guy who has no use for sensationalist reporters; is angry that they get to the league to threaten to fine him if he refuses to talk to them; and wanted to make it perfectly clear he was there 'under protest.' IOW, he was angry. MRob did a great job diffusing the tension and getting everyone to laugh.

The two of them looking at MRob's video of BeastMode saying his fullback wasn't a good bro (at the end) is great stuff.
    fan4life
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:37 am
  • Always Fierce wrote:

Ricky Williams had diagnosed anxiety issues. He didn't topple over on first contact.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 am
  • Always Fierce is a Racist Skins fan. And a sexist idiot.

Move along, nothing to see with this idiot.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:41 am
  • Social anxiety and/or introversion are real things. Someone can be outgoing and personable in one-on-one situations or small groups (i.e., with a japanese reporter or among teammates), but can feel overwhelmed or drained by big crowds. There are people who feel like crawling under a table at a big party, but can otherwise be the toughest and most confident people you could ever meet. That has nothing to do with their character. It's how they're wired.

I think it's a shame that the NFL/media is allowed to strong arm an individual to go outside of himself like this. These are real issues for some people, and the NFL writers are getting utterly nothing out of this besides feeding their own ego. It's disgusting IMO.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am
  • $50k to Lynch is like $500 to most of us. As lame as being fined for such a thing would be, if truly a matter of stage fright /anxiety / stress..Lynch should just pay the fine and say FTW.

No way would I expose myself to such nonsense for $500.

BUT...a previous poster felt Lynch's agony would become the agony of the enemy this Sunday and I totally agree. That's usually how it works. BO Knows.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 am
  • I don't like public speaking but I never felt weird playing sports or competing in anything.
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Isn't there a saying?......Don't wake the sleeping Beast?

Denver is in big trouble.....Boss

That was my takeaway after seeing that interview as well. The press isn't doing Denver any favors. I have to think that Lynch is going to be a raging bull (even more than his usual self, and even more than the SB would bring out) on Sunday. The same way LOB is taking the Manning worship.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 am
  • The Denver D should pass the hat around, then send Lynch the message...You can skip Thursday, we got this, Boss.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am
  • I just saw the interview. I LOVE Mike Rob. That was GREAT!!!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 am
  • loved the interview. so funny. he's like now you got me trapped in.
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:19 am
  • I wish we could effectively boycott these nobs.

Best thing he said, "You have a problem with it, the 12s don't have a problem with it. They have my back."

Damn right Marshawn.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:25 am
  • Because they are entirely different things, is why it's possible. Make no mistakes, both are battlefields, but the rules are very, very different things and what is and isn't acceptable are very different things. Lynch isn't the first one either that was confortable on the football field and quite literally broke out in sweat during a press conference. He might simply be the best known.

Gale Sayers, his biography and if you ever listened to the old timers or even seen the movie Brians song which is a dramtazation but does have a lot of factors nailed down, you would know this guy was a nervous wreck speaking in public and would almost become ill.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 am
  • There are ways to make you feel more comfortable in those situations..but he does not have the time to make that happen. For me it took many YEARS to make that happen. I can get along with groups now with the assistance of some memories of what has happened in my past. And if necessary a little flavored water. They said in a class I took that the biggest fear a person has is to get in front of a group of people to tell a speech. I believe it as truth. I was at my retirement ceremony and should have had a drink before it so I could handle it. I was on duty tho so it was out of the question. He is only 21-2 years old. I was 45 at retirement and had 5 to 6 different classes on speeches and presentations as preparation for the future. He has had no progression in public speaking and probably will not have any in the near future. Between what he does on the field and his interaction with his teammates, that will be enough for him. Of course if he gets out with a cold one, he can handle it pretty well. I hope he learned his lesson on that front too.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 am
  • oops, posted in wrong thread.
    Last edited by HolyCatfish on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 am
  • He's just about that action boss.

This media has its agenda: Now that Sherman isn't giving them anything, they jump on the next big storyline, which is Lynch hates speaking to the media.
    Even after Beastquake, arguably one of the best plays in NFL HISTORY, Lynch didn't want to talk about it anymore when training camp opened the next year.
    Now when the interview is on his term, one on one, like those ESPN specials, that may be a different story.
    The man doesn't want to talk, go find a story somewhere else.

I agree with the posters here, keep feeding that fire. Watch what Lynch does Sunday.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information