Wow, Turbs, I had no idea!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Feel free to delete this if there's another thread. This is the first I've heard about this.

"Most of us would have broken down if we had to deal with Turbin’s life. He chose just to live it.
As a kid, Turbin watched his sister Trina die at 21 years old from multiple sclerosis. His other sister, Tiffany, who is now 33, was born with a severe form of cerebral palsy that has left her in a wheelchair."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201401 ... ks-Turbin-

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I remember hearing about this around draft time after we had selected him, but had forgot about it. Pretty intense stuff, definitely character building and personality defining events... can't even imagine the pain that follows something like that. He's a very likeable dude, we're all pulling for him individually

jlove6

Reaction score
Having followed Turbin at Utah State, I wanted to add another amazing part of his story. When he was just starting HS football he was constantly late for practice each day, so his Coach would make him run extra for his tardiness. Turbin never said a word, just did the running. The Coach quite awhile later found out that Turbin was running home from school every day (then having to run back to practice) to check in on his sister and make sure she was ok. After finding out why Turbin was late the Coach felt horrible for punishing a kid that was doing such a great thing. Pretty amazing young man.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Amen to that. Turbin rocks. Tipi bad you don't hear more about this, and less about Lynch not talking.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
His little brother also lives with him in the area now and plays basketball for one of the local JCs while trying to get an offer from a 4yr school and make his NBA dream come true. Heard him mention that a couple weeks ago talking to Wyman, Mike, and Moore I believe but he didn't mention which JC it was.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":10xuqbqn said:
His little brother also lives with him in the area now and plays basketball for one of the local JCs while trying to get an offer from a 4yr school and make his NBA dream come true. Heard him mention that a couple weeks ago talking to Wyman, Mike, and Moore I believe but he didn't mention which JC it was.

I've met his father. Looks just like him with smaller biceps.

Seems to be of the same mindset as Sherman's dad.

Latest posts