Media, leave Marshawn alone

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Media, leave Marshawn alone
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote: But the industry of pro football is built on media exposure, and that does include players being visible in the media.

It's built on the game of football, first and foremost. Obviously, the media outlets that show the games help grow exposure to the game of football, but it's not like those outlets aren't getting anything out of this arrangement (see ESPN's ridiculous carrier rates per subscriber for one example).

Football is a sport, just like water polo. Why don't water polo players make millions of dollars like NFL players? Because water polo isn't as popular. That popularity is manifested in the amount of media coverage and TV viewers a sport gets. Thats why Fox and CBS pay $$billions$$ to show NFL games, and why they still turn a profit showing those games thanks to advertising. My point is that Lynch makes the money he makes, and the media want to talk to him like they do because pro football is so popular. Without the media coverage it gets, it would be just another fringe sport like water polo. The game is built on the game, the industry is built on the media.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:38 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote: The reaction this is getting only justifies precisely why he doesn't like to be interviewed to begin with.

That doesn't make much sense, considering the reaction is all based upon that decision not to be interviewed. The reaction is much greater than anything following up from the players who've actually gone through the lengthy interview process.

You only have to Youtube/google search Marshawn Lynch to find plenty of interviews he's done, some recently.

Like Kaepernick, he's selective. He's awkward when he wants to be. And I can see why some members of the media -- in some cases those just trying to put food on the table -- get irritated and then react the way they have as a consequence.

But hey, I've said already I appreciate Marshawn can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to talk, that's his decision. But I'm not sure we can complain about the media's reaction, not to the tune of three (at least) threads on the main forum all slamming the press for just doing what they also have a right to do.

Actually it does make sense. When people hear Marshawn speak they tend to make assumptions about him. I personally think he's pretty damn funny.

He KNOWS that people make those assumptions when he speaks and that is a HUGE reason why he chooses not to be interviewed. I don't blame him at all.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:That doesn't make much sense, considering the reaction is all based upon that decision not to be interviewed. The reaction is much greater than anything following up from the players who've actually gone through the lengthy interview process.

You only have to Youtube/google search Marshawn Lynch to find plenty of interviews he's done, some recently.

Like Kaepernick, he's selective. He's awkward when he wants to be. And I can see why some members of the media -- in some cases those just trying to put food on the table -- get irritated and then react the way they have as a consequence.

But hey, I've said already I appreciate Marshawn can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to talk, that's his decision. But I'm not sure we can complain about the media's reaction, not to the tune of three (at least) threads on the main forum all slamming the press for just doing what they also have a right to do.

How many of those previous interviews were in front of a whole horde of journalists with cameras in his face? The only interviews I've seen of Marshawn where he appears comfortable is when it is a one-on-one situation, or only a small group of people around him. That, to me, hints that he has issues with social anxiety and doesn't do well with a lot of people bombarding him with questions at one time.

Your whole premise is odd to me. Basically you're saying "he has the choice to play by our (the media's) rules, or he has to face our wrath." It's kind of a no-win situation for him, isn't it? He either has to place himself in a situation that is extremely uncomfortable for him and possibly be misconstrued, or he has to avoid/deflect the media attention and be told how terrible a person he is because of it.
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:43 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Albert Breer has been trying to make Marshawn look bad since Media day started. It's pretty much as simple as this:
    -Marshawn supporters, teammates, coaches, friends & family are all okay with it
    - Networks that get interviews are okay with it.
    - Networks and media that don't get the interview have their feelings hurt and thus make a negative story out of him.

That last one is pretty universal and is the same everywhere.

Many members of the media have this notion that they are ENTITLED to access. They are entitled to getting the answer to a question they want to ask.

I see it down here in SF when someone (usually Lowell Cohn) asks Harbaugh a leading question and Harbaugh not only doesn't answer but rejects the entire premise. Reporters always try to have an angle on a story and try to say something unique and they get butt hurt when coaches or players shut them down.

What they miss is that they are priveledged to even be there. The players and coaches don't owe them ANYTHING. Does that make their jobs harder? Sure. Deal with it.

Getting upset with the player tho is BS. The player has their own stuff to worry about...like I don't know...PLAYING IN THE GAME.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 am
  • Yoonhawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:That doesn't make much sense, considering the reaction is all based upon that decision not to be interviewed. The reaction is much greater than anything following up from the players who've actually gone through the lengthy interview process.

How many of those previous interviews were in front of a whole horde of journalists with cameras in his face? The only interviews I've seen of Marshawn where he appears comfortable is when it is a one-on-one situation, or only a small group of people around him. That, to me, hints that he has issues with social anxiety and doesn't do well with a lot of people bombarding him with questions at one time.

Your whole premise is odd to me. Basically you're saying "he has the choice to play by our (the media's) rules, or he has to face our wrath." It's kind of a no-win situation for him, isn't it? He either has to place himself in a situation that is extremely uncomfortable for him and possibly be misconstrued, or he has to avoid/deflect the media attention and be told how terrible a person he is because of it.

This is very true. I don't think people understand what that crowd of hungry reporters is like to a person who doesn't like to talk.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote: But the industry of pro football is built on media exposure, and that does include players being visible in the media.

It's built on the game of football, first and foremost. Obviously, the media outlets that show the games help grow exposure to the game of football, but it's not like those outlets aren't getting anything out of this arrangement (see ESPN's ridiculous carrier rates per subscriber for one example).

Football is a sport, just like water polo. Why don't water polo players make millions of dollars like NFL players? Because water polo isn't as popular. .

...because the sport isn't as entertaining to watch. If a billionaire pushed a pro water polo league and got it a prime-time slot on CBS, it would still fail.

The XFL was on NBC. Why did it fail? Low-quality play. It had a big network behind it and was a cultural sport we love, and it STILL failed.

Sports are popular because they are a) fun to watch due to the quality of play and b) culturally ingrained. The networks come third after those two things.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:

Football is a sport, just like water polo. Why don't water polo players make millions of dollars like NFL players? Because water polo isn't as popular. .

...because the sport isn't as entertaining to watch. If a billionaire pushed a pro water polo league and got it a prime-time slot on CBS, it would still fail.

The XFL was on NBC. Why did it fail? Low-quality play. It had a big network behind it and was a cultural sport we love, and it STILL failed.

Sports are popular because they are a) fun to watch due to the quality of play and b) culturally ingrained. The networks come third after those two things.

Bottom line, people won't pay top dollar to watch scrubs play.

College is a different animal because it's players BEFORE they hit the big-time and their are built in allegences.

"Minor League" sports just won't ever attract big $$$$.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 am
  • Yoonhawk wrote:Your whole premise is odd to me. Basically you're saying "he has the choice to play by our (the media's) rules, or he has to face our wrath." It's kind of a no-win situation for him, isn't it? He either has to place himself in a situation that is extremely uncomfortable for him and possibly be misconstrued, or he has to avoid/deflect the media attention and be told how terrible a person he is because of it.

I'm not saying he has to "face the wrath". I'm saying he knows what he's doing, and has a right to do it. But the press also have a right, without doubt, to complain about someone who is, admittedly, making it difficult for them to do their jobs. 3-4 threads condemning the press seems a little OTT for me. Let them all do as they please, Lynch and the press, and let's talk some football instead.

I've also tried, seemingly in vain, to try and counter some of the "all journalists are the devil" narrative because the vast majority of journalists are just really decent people trying to pay the bills -- with no agenda, just doing their jobs. An army of Mike Sando's, John McClain's and Danny O'Neil's. Just good guys out their earning a living and providing a terrific service to the fans.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 am
  • It was a no win situation for Lynch. Take you for example Rob. Some here are going to go after you for saying what you think or believe. Chances are if you didn't respond to their responses after your initial thoughts, you'd probably get slammed for that also. What can you do? I think ML made his choice and did it his way. And the more "unprofessional" press got their "great" story anyhow. The media says they want to see the player behind the face mask, and they got it. If Beast had just droned on with the usual answers, then the media would not have gotten what they wanted, the man behind the facemask because thats not who Beast is. Irony, and a no win for Beast.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am
  • Hang on a minute.

So it's OK for Lynch to do what he wants and ignore (and disrespect) the media.

But the media aren't allowed to do exactly the same thing by doing what they want and responding?

If he'd just answered the questions like 105 other players yesterday nobody would be saying anything negative in the media.

He brought this on himself and we have to accept that.

Who says anyone has to respect the media, this same media that tries to hang Browner, this same media that is witch hunting with Sherman, this same media that sensationalized his time in Buffalo and called him a bust and then jumped on his DUI arrest and started making assumptions.

Media should consider it a priviledge to be able to talk to these guys at all. The NFL wants them out there to market their game, but tend to forget these guys are the game, and treated like crap should have the option of not being exposed to more situations that people can twist for their own career gains on the backs of these players.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am
  • Park MRob next to him for all future required appearances. It will go much more smoothly for all involved.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 am
  • As much as I love Beast, he needs to talk more to the press, and by extension to us. Can we please remember these guys are paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game and be a beloved celebrity. They are also contractually obligated to talk to us and be just a tad more accessible.

His 6 minute interview with Dion was just winsauce in a bottle. He was very candid and sounded a lot like some of the kids I grow up with in Tacoma. It was very refreshing and frankly fascinating to hear from an inner city kid that makes good, makes REAL good.

Surely, he makes enough money to scoff at these fines, but it's the principle behind them I believe he's missing.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 am
  • For every Mike Sando that puts thought, care, research, and analysis into his writing, there are ten Terry Blounts.

Speaking of, if we had Sando, Nick Waggoner (or if ESPN had just put Eric D. Williams on the Seahawks blog), we'd be getting articles with actual substance from the ESPN Seahawks blog this week instead of the typical Williamson/Graziano/Seifert/Blount/etc. crap we're getting now.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:48 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm not saying he has to "face the wrath". I'm saying he knows what he's doing, and has a right to do it. But the press also have a right, without doubt, to complain about someone who is, admittedly, making it difficult for them to do their jobs. 3-4 threads condemning the press seems a little OTT for me. Let them all do as they please, Lynch and the press, and let's talk some football instead.

I've also tried, seemingly in vain, to try and counter some of the "all journalists are the devil" narrative because the vast majority of journalists are just really decent people trying to pay the bills -- with no agenda, just doing their jobs. An army of Mike Sando's, John McClain's and Danny O'Neil's. Just good guys out their earning a living and providing a terrific service to the fans.

Of course the media has the right to do what they're doing, and obviously no one is stopping them, but that doesn't mean that, we, as the public, can't criticize their behavior and misplaced sense of entitlement. I'm certainly not in the camp that thinks that "all journalists are the devil," but the few that whine and complain about not getting sound bites from a select few players to add filler to their articles won't get any sympathy from me. The same reporters that do seem to do a good job in spite of a lack of cooperation from all players don't seem to be the same reporters complaining about Lynch's unavailability.
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 am
  • Yoonhawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm not saying he has to "face the wrath". I'm saying he knows what he's doing, and has a right to do it. But the press also have a right, without doubt, to complain about someone who is, admittedly, making it difficult for them to do their jobs. 3-4 threads condemning the press seems a little OTT for me. Let them all do as they please, Lynch and the press, and let's talk some football instead.

Of course the media has the right to do what they're doing, and obviously no one is stopping them, but that doesn't mean that, we, as the public, can't criticize their behavior and misplaced sense of entitlement. I'm certainly not in the camp that thinks that "all journalists are the devil," but the few that whine and complain about not getting sound bites from a select few players to add filler to their articles won't get any sympathy from me. The same reporters that do seem to do a good job in spite of a lack of cooperation from all players don't seem to be the same reporters complaining about Lynch's unavailability.

In addition to this (above), I also see far too few instances of reporters calling out and criticising other reporters and media sources in public for being irresponsible, and thus contributing to the media pack mentality (that I personally find revolting).
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am
  • The media gets no love from me. They're crying about not being able to get quotes for their stories and they need to put food on the table. Getoutahere! You guys don't want a story. If so there's plenty to choose from. How about Derrick Coleman and has hearing impairment; or Turbin and his sisters with disabilities; or how about MRob damn near death and fighting all the way back to make it back on the team. Nah, but that's too hard. You'd actually have to put some effort into writing those stories. What you all really want is someone to write the headlines and story for you. You want to keep antagonizing Marshawn, hoping he breaks and lashes out at one of you. That's the juicy stuff you all crave right there. To be on the other end of an angry black man while you're "simply doing your job" like how they made Erin Andrews out to be a victim
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:19 am
  • So far they got the S word out of him. They are like roaches. LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!
    twelthmanfan
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am
  • twelthmanfan wrote:So far they got the S word out of him. They are like roaches. LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

:sarcasm_on: The Roach Anti-Defamation League would like to have a word with you. We Roaches have enough image problems as it is without being compared with the like of sensationalist media reporters. :sarcasm_off:
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am
  • John Lynch and Deion are hugely in Marshawn's corner on this. Love seeing ex-players step up on this media crap.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am
  • Exactly... the mediots should leave Marshawn alone. Let him be. It's not fun for him and honestly, NFL shouldn't mandate that players give access to the media. It's ridiculous. They'll talk if they want to. It should be a choice not a rule. There are plenty of Richard Sherman's who love to talk. Seek them.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am
  • 253hawk wrote:John Lynch and Deion are hugely in Marshawn's corner on this. Love seeing ex-players step up on this media crap.

Here Here. I loved both of those guys as players, and they actually say things that matter.

I'm also liking Irvin a lot lately.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am
  • The Seahawks need to just let him take the fine.

Do we really want Lynch to associate going to the SuperBowl with something uncomfortable and unpleasant?

At some point even on a subconcious level it could impact performance in future playoffs. We don't need him dreading the finish line.

Just pay the freaking fine, get him off the stage, keep him off the stage and find a way to work in some bonuses or give him some endorsement contract to make up the money he loses not interviewing. But since all interviewing does is make him uncomfortable and set him up for ridiculous or worse - why do it?

This team needs a Marshawn with his head straight. It is a bad bad idea to ask him or even ALLOW him to sit in front of anymore cameras.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:30 am
  • yes. Deion sticking up for marshawn tough. i love it.
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:35 am
  • HolyCatfish wrote:As much as I love Beast, he needs to talk more to the press, and by extension to us. Can we please remember these guys are paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game and be a beloved celebrity. They are also contractually obligated to talk to us and be just a tad more accessible.

His 6 minute interview with Dion was just winsauce in a bottle. He was very candid and sounded a lot like some of the kids I grow up with in Tacoma. It was very refreshing and frankly fascinating to hear from an inner city kid that makes good, makes REAL good.

Surely, he makes enough money to scoff at these fines, but it's the principle behind them I believe he's missing.

Why does he need to do anything except what is obligated by his contract? What question has been asked of him that he has not already answered? He volunteers a great deal of his time to kids down here in Oakland, which helps a lot more kids than speaking to the national media.

The whole point of media day is to try and get a player to:

a. answer a question he has likely already answered.
    b. say something controversial to get a headline.

Most fans could care less what he has to say off the field and care a great deal more about what he does on the field. He says he loves the 12's and he plays his ass off every single game. Nothing more is needed, all that is left is what's required.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 am
  • I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

Being an NFL player requires that you talk to the media.

Talk, give random answers, get over it.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:37 am
  • At this stage it's almost as if the media are behaving like sharks that smell blood in the water as Lynch is significantly discomforted by the media attention. If the negative attention continues I see it as the type of harassment that that the paparazzi heap upon celebrities in order to sell whatever embarrassing photograph they can get.

This is just all hype and Marshawn is not playing the way the mediots want him to play so he is belittled harassed and reviled when they know he doesn't like the process and wants little to do with it.

I don't agree he should have to face any consequences from not engaging with a situation he is uncomfortable being involved in. He owes the media nothing and they have no right to expect him to accommodate them.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:38 am
  • If they need a sound bite let them get it from Richard Sherman or elsewhere and let the Beast be the strong silent type.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

Per the NFL (and that's the only opinion that counts), Lynch met his contractual obligations. ESPN and the pro-football writers assoc and the others need to get over it, and get over themselves. The game isn't about them. It's about the players and the fans when you get right down to it.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Worked real well for Richard Sherman. Only talked for 20 seconds to Erin Andrews and was never heard from again.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 am
  • Minne wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?

Frankly at this point I think the media wants to destroy Lynch with the same visciousness that a little kid pulls wings off flies.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 am
  • Minne wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:46 am
  • I can't even believe this is a story. I'll file it under the media creating their own headlines. Reflects poorly on them, as far as I'm concerned.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Minne wrote:

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

Pretty much exactly what he has said already. And the media is trying to vilify him for it.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:53 am

It's not "not liking to do something", it's a legit fear of doing something. It is a suffocating fear. Isn't that quite a bit different?
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:56 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Minne wrote:

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

because that is good tv?
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 am
  • Minne wrote:
    because that is good tv?

It's terrible TV and we both know it. What the press is really trying to do is to get Lynch (at this point anyway) to lash out. THAT is the TV they are looking for at this point. It's like a pack of wolves.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am
  • Minne wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    Minne wrote:

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

because that is good tv?

No, because the media would get tired of him and move on to others.

Mission accomplished.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 pm
  • We as a society love dirty laundry. The media will find a way to give it to us, even if it has to be created.
    In this case there is NO story, so they are fabricating one.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 pm
  • This is quickly becoming one of those "If there is no story we'll make a story" at the expense of an individual situations. This is why the media so distrusted. Apparently the media are officially affronted by Lynch's actions towards them and are complaining to the league seeking punishment or league intervention.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... raight-day

It is becoming a 'face our wrath' situation.

In fact there is more time being spent an analyzing this situation than was actually spent in any interview.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:

It's not "not liking to do something", it's a legit fear of doing something. It is a suffocating fear. Isn't that quite a bit different?

I would venture that most people have a fear of speaking in front of crowds, performing on stage, etc.. but that comes with certain occupations. But by practicing and doing it more it becomes more routine. The fear never leaves completely in some people, but it becomes manageable.

Sorta like many here would have fear of playing football in front of 70,000+ screaming fans and then running around waving for the fans approval and cheers.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm
  • The answers the players give are safe, coached, meaningless bs. PC obviously doesn't care if he gives press conferences. It's only the beat reporters who get all self-righteous about it. Like the Beast said, his fans just want him to kick ass on the field.
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm
  • I'm watching the NFLN as I type. I want to throw a rock at the tv, for the way most are spinning this.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm
  • They (the reporters having problems with Marshawn) are a bunch of no-talent, lazy-ass hacks who want to keep poking the same dude and write the same story rather than actually do some real work and find a story somewhere else. They want to file a story one hour after the interview and enjoy their "vacation" in New York on the company dime. Screw those turds. The real reporters that were mentioned in this thread don't pull that kind of crap.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I'm watching the NFLN as I type. I want to throw a rock at the tv, for the way most are spinning this.

Why are so many worried about this?

Lynch doesn't care what others think.

Pete doesn't care what others think.

Why do so many here care what the media, fans in other towns, etc.. think?
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:20 pm
  • Reaneypark wrote:They (the reporters having problems with Marshawn) are a bunch of no-talent, lazy-ass hacks who want to keep poking the same dude and write the same story rather than actually do some real work and find a story somewhere else. They want to file a story one hour after the interview and enjoy their "vacation" in New York on the company dime. Screw those turds. The real reporters that were mentioned in this thread don't pull that kind of crap.

True enough but the (bolded) 'real reports' are marching in lock step and enabling their slimy and lazy bretheren to destroy and act badly. This I don't accept and I hold the entire media accountable. They refuse to police their own.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 pm
  • In today's day and age of social media, wtf is really the point of media week? I mean really, what question is gonna be asked that means anything at all, and that we dont already know. Just a bunch of dumbass questions.

Brb, why do you like skittles marshawn?

Brb, what's your favorite episode of desperate housewives?

Brb, why do you run so hard?

Etc.

Lol at how pissed off mainstream media is on how the power has essentially been taken from them. We got your back marshawn.
    akscoundrel
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:25 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:I would venture that most people have a fear of speaking in front of crowds, performing on stage, etc.. but that comes with certain occupations. But by practicing and doing it more it becomes more routine. The fear never leaves completely in some people, but it becomes manageable.

Sorta like many here would have fear of playing football in front of 70,000+ screaming fans and then running around waving for the fans approval and cheers.

This is a really ignorant view of social anxiety and/or extreme introversion. Yes, speaking in public is nerve-racking to most people to a certain degree. For some, it is a near paralyzing and/or utterly exhausting experience.

This whole episode has really increased my appreciation for Pete's approach of respecting each person's individuality and temperament.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Media, leave Marshawn alone
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:38 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I'm watching the NFLN as I type. I want to throw a rock at the tv, for the way most are spinning this.

Why are so many worried about this?

Lynch doesn't care what others think.

Pete doesn't care what others think.

Why do so many here care what the media, fans in other towns, etc.. think?

Because we are the 12th man. #24 is one of ours. Mama bear and her cubs, type thing.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 pm
  • Funny thing though.

In the media's zeal to create a villain or to frame Lynch in a certain way, it is totally backfiring.

Lynch is becoming more admired and more sympathetic, not less.

At some point I imagine they are going to have to train their guns on a new target because it is not working.

Even bronco fans are starting to feel for the guy.

I honestly think Lynch is taking it all pretty well considering.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information