Media, leave Marshawn alone

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Media, leave Marshawn alone
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm
  • This is as good of place as any.
    Enjoy.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm
  • Just spit balling but I would get the beast to a shrink and get a diagnosis of being an introvert or PTSD from his childhood and then hire the best ADA lawyer he can find and sue the crap out of the NFL if they ever made him face the media again, along with getting any fine back. Getting the Beast to a shrink may not be easy but if he new he would be done with media forever he just might do it.
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 pm
  • It could be social anxiety, it could be PTSD, it could even be something like mild Asperger's.

What it isn't is anyone's business what medical or psychological issue he might be struggling with if it doesn't impact his ability to do his job on the football field. The NFL just assuming that every player has the ability to stand in front of a crowd and deal with the impact of both the questions (and resulting possible ridicule from questions taken out of context or from the way a player speaks) is ridiculous.

I don't like how this was handled and I think it was done in a way that distracts the team. Our FO should have been aware of the issue and informed the media that because of a medical condition Lynch would not be adhering to the policy, would not present himself and would be paying the resulting fines. However after the SB the Seahawks should have had Lynch file an ADA lawsuit.

There was no benefit to doing the interviews, the media still castigated him and complained as much if not more than had he blown them off entirely. It was something that should never have happened. And no further interviews until after the SB should be forthcoming.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 pm
  • I don't think it's that serious. I don't think it's a distraction for Lynch or the team and on Sunday this will all be forgotten.
    brettb3
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:44 pm
  • Honestly I don't think the Seahawks thought it was much of an issue, and for that matter neither (based on the press release from the NFL PR department) did the NFL. I think they were both trying to be understanding and simply wanted Lynch to be there and say something.....and he did! (In fact IMHO his interview(s) were the best of media day.)

It's the PFWA, ESPN, and an entire self-entitled class of jackels journalists that are trying to make much more out of it than is there. Notice who is coming to Lynch's defense...his fans, his coaches, teammates, former players, the NFL (and NFL anlysts), and even (increasingly) Bronco fans! It's only the self-entitled media that is sulking because they don't get to feast on Beastmode carcass.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 pm
  • Rocket wrote:I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
    He looked nervous this AM, back to the leg bouncing again.
    Thank God for MikeRob.

Sure hope it doesn't spill over to Sunday.

I was thinking the same thing, looked very uncomfortable and anxious. Really hope it doesn't get to him.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm
  • cboom wrote:It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

The way he has conducted himself has been extremely selfish as well. This has become a huge story nationally and has been a distraction from the good attention this team deserves. Same goes for Sherman's immature rant after the last game.

What's up with Wilson? :lol:

You clearly clearly clearly don't get it.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:19 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.

All he does is "man up and play the game."

Meh, by "game" I meant the whole thing, responding to media and being a celebrity. These guys are amazing athletes but they are also entertainers.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.

All he does is "man up and play the game."

Meh, by "game" I meant the whole thing, responding to media and being a celebrity. These guys are amazing athletes but they are also entertainers.

I'm entertained every time he touches the ball. I was also entertained when he spoke with Deion and the 6 and a half minutes he shut down the media. Obviously, Marshawn doesn't enjoy the celebrity side of the game. I know. I know. "If he doesn't like it, he can find another profession"
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:27 pm
  • Maybe they will ask him riveting questions like "Is this a must win game." ... "Does he prefer NY women or Seattle women" and then finish up with "What would he say to Justin Beiber?"

Yes, these are actual questions being asked. Maybe the NFL should demand more of the media asking pertinent questions then demand the players put up with this crap.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:41 pm
  • Hawkalypse wrote:That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

He can at least give us 6 minutes or so after a 100 yard game. It's jut not asking a lot at all and they are in fact paid to be "personalities." The strong silent type has been done to death, I want a little more insight into the players that I love and support.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:46 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

Sorry but no. Marshawn fulfilled his obligations. The NFL even said he did. It's the self-appointed media elites (PWFA I am looking at you!) that are so bent out of shape that they MADE him come back for more or face a fine and then descended on him like a pack of jackels and that's what happened today.

Clayton needs to get over himself along with a whole lot of other self-important sports media....that really aren't very relevant anymore anyway.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:47 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    Hawkalypse wrote:That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

It's unprofessional of Marshawn. The 6 minutes with Dion was enough for me, I enjoyed the candid one on one. If that's all we get, so be it. It was awesome.

He can at least give us 6 minutes or so after a 100 yard game. It's jut not asking a lot at all and they are in fact paid to be "personalities." The strong silent type has been done to death, I want a little more insight into the players that I love and support.

"Done to death", really? That's who the guy is, he's not trying to be anything else but himself. This ain't Shakespeare, it's football.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

Really? Has our love of everything Seahawks turned us into THIS?!
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    Hawkalypse wrote:That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.

But he gave you the 100 yard game, right? Why do you need some words? And I am pretty sure he is paid to get yards, first downs, and touchdowns, not be a personality that caters to your need for insights.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:Really? Has our love of everything Seahawks turned us into THIS?!

It's not "love of Seahawks" at least not entirely. I loathe bullies and right now Clayton and the rest of the media are acting like bullies.

I know it and I believe you know it too. [For that matter everyone EXCEPT the media seems to be understanding this more and more.]
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm
  • Hawkalypse wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:

"Done to death", really? That's who the guy is, he's not trying to be anything else but himself. This ain't Shakespeare, it's football.

Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:54 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

He did. Even the NFL said he did. Some people have real problems facing crowds, and frankly the media has acted like a pack of jackels. I have no sympathy for them.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:

But he gave you the 100 yard game, right? Why do you need some words? And I am pretty sure he is paid to get yards, first downs, and touchdowns, not be a personality that caters to your need for insights.

LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worth annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!
    Last edited by HolyCatfish on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

• HolyCatfish wrote:Image

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You keep taking about changing, playing roles and transforming into something....you got a 'metamorphosis' via surgery comin up? As far as your assertion, yeah I'm unashamed of my love for this team and I refuse to apologize supporting the members of my team-particularly when they about to take the field at the SB. You on the other hand...you’re orange and blue is showing. :)
    Last edited by Hawkalypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worse annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!

If you've followed the social media, the FANS have no problem with what Marshawn has said. Heck a lot of FANS (and not just Seattle fans) felt that he had the best interview and quotes of the day! For that matter so did his coach and the NFL was satisfied.

It's Clayton and his ilk in the PFWA that are acting like self-entitled papparatzi (sp?) They aren't reflecting the fans, merely their own predatory instincts and overinflated egos.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

He did. Even the NFL said he did. Some people have real problems facing crowds, and frankly the media has acted like a pack of jackels. I have no sympathy for them.

I'm over-ruling the NFL on replay and decided to fine him. I've made note of the fine in my fantasy football league.
    Last edited by HolyCatfish on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Marshawn! Talk to me! I spent my hard-earned money on your jersey! You are who you are because of US! The FANS! Talk...to...me!!!!!!!!!!

Really...some fans act more entitled than the "media"
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    Polaris wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

I'm over-ruling the NFL on replay and decided to fine him. I've made note of the fine in my fantasy football league?

You don't have that authority. Go fish. For that matter the fans have spoken and THEY are happy with him too.

Let me guess....you are a 'journalist'.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    Hawkalypse wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:

Then he can be a man and face the fire. Like has been mentioned, he can be the tough silent type, but he can also show some respect to us. We ARE the media. We sat glued to our TV's or radios and absorbed every delicious second of our brief window into the man. He could be a little more gracious and throw us a bone every once in a while.

He engages with the fans that matter, the 12th man. The national media were coming at him like a shylock coming around to collect.
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:LOL the gazillion of dollars that the NFL is worse annually means they do in fact cater to the fans. Some of those dollars were mine damn it!

If you've followed the social media, the FANS have no problem with what Marshawn has said. Heck a lot of FANS (and not just Seattle fans) felt that he had the best interview and quotes of the day! For that matter so did his coach and the NFL was satisfied.

It's Clayton and his ilk in the PFWA that are acting like self-entitled papparatzi (sp?) They aren't reflecting the fans, merely their own predatory instincts and overinflated egos.

Meh, it said it was awesome and I loved it. he talks like kids I grow up with in Tacoma. Loved it so much, I want MORE!
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 pm
  • It's unacceptable for Clayton to demand $100000 fine for a guy who is at least present and trying. Sure it's not to the level Clayton wants but let the NFL who employs Marshawn be responsible enough to identify the problem and new solutions. Claytons 'fear of players setting a new precedence' is Bullcrap when he clearly stated that Lynch should just pay the $100,000 even after Lynch had gone through what he did. Clayton is so heartless when he intimated that Lynch needn't show because he has nothing more to offer but that he just needs to pay the huge fine so to keep the status quo.

edited by Throwdown for inappropriate language
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:04 pm
  • Hawkalypse wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:Image

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You keep taking about changing, playing roles and transforming into something....you got a 'metamorphosis' via surgery comin up? As far as your assertion, yeah I'm unashamed of my love for this team and I refuse to apologize supporting the members of my team-particularly when they about to take the field at the SB. You on the other hand...you’re orange and blue is showing. :)

You're tender and motherly instincts are touching. beast does not need codling. Like a bull, he needs to be jabbed in the nuts by the media to make him angry. ;)
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Image

Marshawn! Talk to me! I spent my hard-earned money on your jersey! You are who you are because of US! The FANS! Talk...to...me!!!!!!!!!!

Really...some fans act more entitled than the "media"

LOL touché!
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    Hawkalypse wrote:
    HolyCatfish wrote:Image

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

You're tender and motherly instincts are touching. beast does not need codling. Like a bull, he needs to be jabbed in the nuts by the media to make him angry. ;)

Yeah I've called a 'Mother' on more than one occassion, disturbing imagery but well played.
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:Image

LEAVE MARSHAWN ALONE!!!

Into what? A fanbase that gives a damn about the media? Or hearing answers to questions we ALREADY know about 1-2 years ago? We all we got we all we need... Boss.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 pm
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Our FO should have been aware of the issue and informed the media that because of a medical condition Lynch would not be adhering to the policy, would not present himself and would be paying the resulting fines.

Inform the media of a medical condition? SERIOUSLY?
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 pm
  • Rocket wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Our FO should have been aware of the issue and informed the media that because of a medical condition Lynch would not be adhering to the policy, would not present himself and would be paying the resulting fines.

Inform the media of a medical condition? SERIOUSLY?

That would make it worse. What our FO and the NFLPA need to do is talk to the NFL (who honestly does seem to be trying to meet Lynch halfway but the media is being obnoxious) and let them know that what happened to Lynch must never be allowed to happen again.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 pm
  • Full disclosure.

If you are dropping masked f-bombs, I am ratting you out. Sorry, but some of you guys doing it know it isn't allowed so to do so must mean you think you are above the rules.

Now back to the debates.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Full disclosure.

If you are dropping masked f-bombs, I am ratting you out. Sorry, but some of you guys doing it know it isn't allowed so to do so must mean you think you are above the rules.

Now back to the debates.

Not sure what to even say about this....seems like you are trolling people.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    Not sure what to even say about this....seems like you are trolling people.

Several posters have put masked f-bombs in posts. No one is trolling anybody. Follow the rules or chance getting a time-out. If you don't know what is happening, why not keep out of the discussion? Not that hard to do.

You seem to have a problem with me, put me on foe and you will be fine. I have donated to this site because I support it as a place for fans to come and talk about the team. They have rules here and have asked folks to help them keep this place civil. I am not a mod but I am not going to sit idly by while folks continually break rules that have been established since most of us showed up around here. Is that "trolling"? Not sure.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 pm
  • Guys,

Diags is 100% on the money here. Take a deep breath and slow down.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm
  • +2 with a backswing, I know we get emotional and I will cover sometimes with an edit, but try to get some control people. Would hate to have to send someone on Vacation on a great week to share with fellow .Netters.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information