Media, leave Marshawn alone

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Media, leave Marshawn alone
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm
  • I'm sorry but English is wrong.

Marshawn doesn't like to speak.. and hes only showing up to these things to avoid a ridiculous fine... fining a guy 100K because he doesn't want to talk to a camera, when there are plenty of athletes that will and do enjoy doing that, is asinine. Let the guy skip media day.. it makes him more comfortable and then these precious journalists who are throwing a hissy fit wont have their precious time wasted as they ask completely stupid questions.

There are reasons why every ex-player is defending Marshawn, and those who are pouting are media members. The players get it.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm
  • Thought this was a pretty solid tweet:

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom 3h
    Players like Lynch give mind/body/soul over to the game, creating compelling product which creates our jobs. Owes media nothing. We owe him.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:02 pm
  • How many Real Rob Reports did you see M.L. say anything? and that is with his friend and one camera.

It simply is not in his make up.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:04 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Hang on a minute.

So it's OK for Lynch to do what he wants and ignore (and disrespect) the media.

But the media aren't allowed to do exactly the same thing by doing what they want and responding?

If he'd just answered the questions like 105 other players yesterday nobody would be saying anything negative in the media.

He brought this on himself and we have to accept that.

But the cycle doesn't stop there.

Lynch can do what he wants
    the media can do what they want
    but we are also free to do what we want, and that's to say the media in general are a bunch of idiots.
    plyka
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
  • If I hear one more media member say it's his job to connect to the fans (I'm looking at you Clayton), I'm gonna lose my mind.

The fans don't care! We love him being the way he is.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm
  • Ed Werder just said that it was SEA media that made the complaint to the league. Am I crazy for not believing that?
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:07 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:How many Real Rob Reports did you see M.L. say anything? and that is with his friend and one camera.

A few older ones he did. Fans didn't take kindly to what he said.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Ed Werder just said that it was SEA media that made the complaint to the league. Am I crazy for not believing that?

John Clayton would be my guess.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Ed Werder just said that it was SEA media that made the complaint to the league. Am I crazy for not believing that?

John Clayton lives in Seattle.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Nice. Throw the local media under the bus and ensure Lynch will never talk to them throughout the season. Media is coming off real well in this whole debacle.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:24 pm
  • I wonder what would happen if the Seahawks won the super bowl and then after the game did interviews with everyone but espn.

It would be hilarious watching espn freak out.

Also stfu john clayton you alien chimp looking fool. You look like you should be covering golf instead of football. I liked clayton before this but he's acted like such a tool over this that I'll never pay attention to anything he says again.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:26 pm
  • Media guys, such as Clayton, need to understand that Marshawn isn't impressed with their status as a reporter. #24 is in New York area to handle the job at hand for his team and the 12th man. Simple isn't it. If Deon Sanders/ Real Rob can get something from the Beast maybe they should ask Deon and Rob how to approach Lynch. The bottom line if ya can't handle doing your job...Next man up!
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Since the other thread was locked I am reposting this here.....

Personally, I couldn't care less about the national media for the most part, but BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: has too much airtime in Seahawks Nation and it's my right to state a case for shunning a poor excuse for a journalist.

BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: clearly has not built a relationship with Marshawn over the years that he has had an opportunity to. Building relationships takes work and time and trust. What has BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: done to develop a relationship like this? I am assuming nothing.

This whole issue is more a reflection on the assumed privilege and entitlement that BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: believes he has and perhaps the forty years of this entitlement has created a laziness in his professionalism. Listening to him whine about his right and using his influence (whatever influence that is) to make this into a story is ridiculous and mindboggling.

And now what athlete would even trust him? You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you or soon you won't get fed. BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: has become no different from all of the other dim-witted shock-personality-pseudo talking heads (Skip Bayless et. al.)

BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: not only bit Marshawn, his colleagues and the Seahawks' organization but he also bit (I suspect) a majority of the Seahawks' fan base.

It's your right to disagree with me and many others (good for you), and it's BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: 's right to continue to make himself a part of a story that is truly a non-story.

So Boycott BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: !
    LeaveLynchAlone
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm
  • “The 12s don’t have a problem with it. The people I play for on Sunday don’t have a problem with it. The media has a problem with it. It’s a problem if they choose to take something away from me for not doing it,” Lynch said.

Agree 100% Marshawn.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:34 pm
  • On a lighter note, I thought Pete Carroll handled the media this morning like an experienced master.

He fielded two or three negative and pointed accusations about the Seahawks with dignity and grace. And then when finally asked for something positive, handled his response about Peyton Manning with equal dignity and grace.

As a man that once was the subject of so much media scorn and character assassination, Pete Carroll sets an exemplary example.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:46 pm
  • Jville wrote:On a lighter note, I thought Pete Carroll handled the media this morning like an experienced master.

He fielded two or three negative and pointed accusations about the Seahawks with dignity and grace. And then when finally asked for something positive, handled his response about Peyton Manning with equal dignity and grace.

As a man that once was the subject of so much media scorn and character assassination, Pete Carroll sets an exemplary example.

Agreed. Carroll has made me extremely proud he's our coach all week.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Minne wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

Being an NFL player requires that you talk to the media.

Talk, give random answers, get over it.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?

And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.
    HolyCatfish
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:05 pm
  • It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

The way he has conducted himself has been extremely selfish as well. This has become a huge story nationally and has been a distraction from the good attention this team deserves. Same goes for Sherman's immature rant after the last game.
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:06 pm
  • HolyCatfish wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    Minne wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

Being an NFL player requires that you talk to the media.

Talk, give random answers, get over it.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?

And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

^This.

The Beast is an intelligent man and knew the tragic possibility existed that he would become rich and famous. Oh the horror!

He can at least man-up and play the game.

I'm sorry, just can't feel bad for him and I don't think he'd appreciate the sympathy anyway. He's a warrior and can stand on his own two feet.

All he does is "man up and play the game."
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 pm
  • Gawd, this thread has now run its course.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 pm
  • cboom wrote:It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

The way he has conducted himself has been extremely selfish as well. This has become a huge story nationally and has been a distraction from the good attention this team deserves. Same goes for Sherman's immature rant after the last game.

Tell us more about your thoughts on Russell Wilson and the "worst QBs you've ever seen."
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    cboom wrote:It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

Tell us more about your thoughts on Russell Wilson and the "worst QBs you've ever seen."

Well played.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 pm
  • cboom wrote:It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

Sounds like a message of intolerance to me. The Seahawks are an organization that want it's members to be themselves. Individuality is going to draw criticism from intolerant interest groups.

Isn't intolerance an indicator of immaturity?
    Last edited by Jville on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Marshawn was available and he complied. The media vultures created a non-story from Marshawn. This is not a story except in how pathetic much of the media has become to draw a paycheck.

BooHoo Clayton :428226_SadEmoticon: !
    LeaveLynchAlone
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    cboom wrote:It really seems to me that many of you will blindly defend a guy because he is on our team. The fact of the matter is he signed a contract agreeing to comply with league rules. So dealing with the media is part of his job. He was not forced to choose this career path, he could have chosen one where public speaking wasn't involved. He didn't, so I really don't understand how so many of you feel bad for the guy for being expected to do the job he was hired to do?

And he has "seen them all"..... :roll: Him and Dtex should get a room.

I'm pretty sure he's a Niners troll. Ask him to point one example of a positive post about the Hawks in this forum and he can't.
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:39 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:

Cleary you couldn't refute a thing I said and really felt the need to respond :roll:
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:41 pm
  • Wilbon's take on PTI about this was outstanding. He basically said hes disgusted with how football writers are acting like they have a sense of entitlement and to leave Lynch alone.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm
  • Jville wrote:

Sounds like a message of intolerance to me. The Seahawks are an organization that want it's members to be themselves. Individuality is going to draw criticism from intolerant interest groups.

Intolerance? Wow. So if you were hired to be a secretary and before you were hired your job description was clearly described to you. One of your duties is to make coffee in the morning. You decide you don't like making coffee. Is it a message of intolerance if you are expected to do the duties you were hired to do?
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm
  • Media moving in...

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:52 pm

He complied with league rules. He was there, right? He gave answers, right?

What else you got, genius?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Intolerance? Wow. So if you were hired to be a secretary and before you were hired your job description was clearly described to you. One of your duties is to make coffee in the morning. You decide you don't like making coffee. Is it a message of intolerance if you are expected to do the duties you were hired to do?

:177692: Marshawn Lynch blocks and catches and runs the football. I'm excited about how he goes about his job assignments.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:

I couldn't find clarity if being available for 6 minutes of an hour long media event was in compliance?
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Jville wrote:

If that secretary was afraid of the coffee maker because she was burned by one as a child and she clearly beat the other applicants in all other qualifications so she was hired anyway, don't you think it would be ridiculous to force her to make coffee.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

I couldn't find clarity if being available for 6 minutes of an hour long media event was in compliance?

He was available for longer than that. He stood off to the side. Sanders interviewed him. The league stated he met the requirement.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Media moving in...

253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    cboom wrote:
    Jville wrote:

If that secretary was afraid of the coffee maker because she was burned by one as a child and she clearly beat the other applicants in all other qualifications so she was hired anyway, don't you think it would be ridiculous to force her to make coffee.

Not if she agreed to do it when she was hired.
    cboom
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:10 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:

Cleary you couldn't refute a thing I said and really felt the need to respond :roll:

This is a very overused (and stupid) argument. Given a completely unrealistic choice between making millions of dollars or finding another profession, based on a small clause in the contract regarding media sessions, who the hell isn't going to sign the contract?

Some media dip shits are using the contractual obligation as leverage and turning a non-story (a guy who doesn't want to talk) into the biggest story of the week? Who is actually failing to do their job here? Was this the biggest story on ESPN all season when Kraeper gave short, smug answers to the media? No.

You being incapable of seeing the real problem shows how little you've actually thought about it. Welcome to my ignore list.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:19 pm
  • cboom wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    cboom wrote:Intolerance? Wow. So if you were hired to be a secretary and before you were hired your job description was clearly described to you. One of your duties is to make coffee in the morning. You decide you don't like making coffee. Is it a message of intolerance if you are expected to do the duties you were hired to do?

Not if she agreed to do it when she was hired.

If she was an All-Pro secretary in every other respect and never called in sick or slacked off at work, then only a completely moronic and self-absorbed boss would give a crud about whether or not she brought him coffee every morning. Some people can see the bigger picture. Some are too obsessed with their own ego.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:28 pm
  • I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
    He looked nervous this AM, back to the leg bouncing again.
    Thank God for MikeRob.

Sure hope it doesn't spill over to Sunday.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm
  • Rocket wrote:I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
    Thank God for MikeRob.

That's the part that bothers me. It's clearly bothering him and it's a distraction (for him). If I were Pete, I'd be in the league's ear about it. Plenty of other guys willing to talk to the media...

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:36 pm
  • That was uncomfortable and bordering on cruel. Marshawn is a grown man but some folks don't like talking about themselves and hate the thought of being spotlight rangers. Clayton and the rest of those oxygen stealing douche' bags continuously grilling him on why he doesn’t like to speak to the media or saying things public is pathetic, wreaking of unprofessionalism and evidence of the absence of civility within the industry. Contractual engagements be damned, you surround the guy like he’s next up for the pyramid at Abu Ghraib and are incensed he doesn’t appear happy to talk to you. F you Clayton, your dated predilection for funk and your call for a $100,000 fine. I’m glad Mike Rob was there but that was sickening.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Media moving in...

LeaveLynchAlone
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Rob's a journo. He will always side with the media, even over players from his favorite team.

It's pretty sad and pathetic that journalists even have a unified "side," a side that all bands together like the mafia to try to bully their way into getting what they want.

I still remember when Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy went off on a media member for writing an unprofessional article about one of his players, something that by all rights looked like a noble act, and the media immediately goes to work at defaming him as the unprofessional one, etc.

They're a bunch of jackals and very few operate with any sense of integrity. It's lovely that anyone would want to defend such a group.

Yep, there are a bunch of Donkos fans that are clamoring for Marshawn to get nailed with a big fine, he sure as hell doesn't need for one of his own to roll over on him to boot.
    Some players are comfortable with talking, and some players are concerned with doing, and yet there are others who are content to do both.
    Sherman gets slammed for speaking out, and Lynch get's slammed, AND FINED for saying nothing.
    The reactions by the Seahawks fans for the most part, is pro-Sherman, and pro-lynch, while the reactions by non-Seahawks fans are almost unanimously negative, so who (outside the Seahawks fandom) really gives a shit about these assholes that keep prodding.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:30 pm
  • Man, I feel bad for Marshawn. You can tell he is SO uncomfortable with the media attention. I really hope he saves up this frustration and takes it out on the Denver D on Sunday. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to him, but there are moments it almost looks like he is going to start crying. I was a teacher for six years and I saw the same looks on kids faces when they had to give an oral report and were terrified and very uncomfortable.

He isn't doing this out of malice or anything, I think he just feels SUPER uncomfortable with it. It wouldn't be out of the question for him to have a serious/medical anxiety issue.
    Last edited by Giblien on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Giblien
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Rocket wrote:I wonder if this sh!t is getting to him.
    Thank God for MikeRob.

That's the part that bothers me. It's clearly bothering him and it's a distraction (for him). If I were Pete, I'd be in the league's ear about it. Plenty of other guys willing to talk to the media...

Yeah, but you got to admit that the Media douche nozzles ( and probably bronco fans) get to shine, while berating an ALL-PRO eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:How many Real Rob Reports did you see M.L. say anything? and that is with his friend and one camera.

A few older ones he did. Fans didn't take kindly to what he said.

So...He's damned if he does, and damned if he don't?
    Sherman is willing to fill your ears if you want talk.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:57 pm
  • Loved this remix of his Prime interview. Got this old guy bobbing his head

https://soundcloud.com/spekulation/bout-that-action-beast-mode
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Stupid, stupid post ^
    Maybe Marshawn should just give a $100K to shut these assholes up, instead of the charities that he's giving to, because you know that the League would probably put the money to good use, like, lining the pockets of some jillionaire.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Loved this remix of his Prime interview. Got this old guy bobbing his head

https://soundcloud.com/spekulation/bout-that-action-beast-mode

That was awesome.

Yeah, had me cracking up. Whomever did the remix is pretty good.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information