Players get overly excited too early, tired by end of game

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to Dungy and Rodney Harrison. Rodney said he got too excited and used up a lot of energy before the game even started.

Tony said he called Andy Reid who said "I saw the other team warming up with light work outs and thought my team had all this energy we are going to eat these guys alive!" But they were so excited that by the time the first quarter was over they were spent. Donovan McNabb was throwing up and players were exhausted.

Russell Wilson has already talked about this subject even before they left Seattle. It's why he went to the Super Bowl last year to see how the schedule was, how long the half time was and how every thing was set up. John Clayton asked him last week if he knew about the different balls they use in the SuperB Owl and Russell said "You mean these?" and pulled one out from under the table. :)

mikeak

Reaction score
Seen some studies about that in the past. Best thing is take a walk / light exercise etc. keeps the nerves in check

Having a beer is frowned upon :)

sam1313

Reaction score
I once had this happen to me in a game in high school. Generally, I was always relaxed, but this was a team many of my friends were on and as it turned out we were both undefeated when we met my senior year. I was so jacked for before games and could usually fall asleep for a minute when we had some quiet time prior to taking the field on game day. In this game, couldn't or wouldn't do that and t was gassed way, way too early. I'm sure the team has discussed this and I didn't see any hint of overexcitement in the interviews yesterday. i believe our guys will be ready.

sam1313

Reaction score
I once had this happen to me in a game in high school. Generally, I was always relaxed, but this was a team many of my friends were on and as it turned out we were both undefeated when we met my senior year. I was so jacked for before games and could usually fall asleep for a minute when we had some quiet time prior to taking the field on game day. In this game, couldn't or wouldn't do that and t was gassed way, way too early. I'm sure the team has discussed this and I didn't see any hint of overexcitement in the interviews yesterday. i believe our guys will be ready.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1horr6j9 said:
John Clayton asked him last week if he knew about the different balls they use in the SuperB Owl and Russell said "You mean these?" and pulled one out from under the table. :)

Classic Wilson.

Plus, Seattle will combat the adrenaline issue with PED's.

So we'll be fine.

sutz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2gq17xzo said:
ivotuk":2gq17xzo said:
John Clayton asked him last week if he knew about the different balls they use in the SuperB Owl and Russell said "You mean these?" and pulled one out from under the table. :)

Classic Wilson.

Plus, Seattle will combat the adrenaline issue with PED's.

So we'll be fine.
Wouldn't that be counter-productive? They should use PDDs-performance depressing drugs. ;)

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
mikeak":30bx40ws said:
Seen some studies about that in the past. Best thing is take a walk / light exercise etc. keeps the nerves in check

Having a beer is frowned upon :)

I would also encourage the fellas to avoid Eugene Robinson's mistake of "bagging a hooker" before his Suberb Owl with the Falcons.

So make that:
1. No beer :141847_bnono:
2. No "Browners" :141847_bnono:
3. No hookers :141847_bnono:

As Barbosa said in PotC, "Boys! Take a waaaalk!"

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hopefully the Defense doesn't hype themselves up too much, but I don't see how they could possibly hype themselves up more than they usually do before a game.

ceej22

Reaction score
This is where the Robot Wilson and his constant studying will pay off.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1i3t18pj said:
So it happened twice... exactly the same way? Weird. :mrgreen:

Must have been Ground Hog day. Maybe Bill Murray was the coach.