I just heard Clayton say

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: I just heard Clayton say
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm
  • Clayton just alienated himself from Seattle, even though he lives there.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 pm
  • Polaris wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Also did a good print article with NFL.Com ...ah Silver is the guys name.... Johnny butt hurt he gets nothing. Maybe he is the one that snitched Lynch for not talking to the media?

That actually wouldn't suprise me given his reaction today.

Prevailing opinion was it was due to a segment that ESPN(?) was working on about the Beastquake run prior to Playoff game against the Saints.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Clayton is due back on KIRO at 4:00 pacific and the guys on their now are joking that they should not only be sure to bring up Lynch but they should also find out how he's feeling about Harvin on Kickoffs. It could be an epic 15 minutes or so when he returns

LOL!

Anybody have a link to this station for podcast? Or who is it you are listening to?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm
  • Used to be a Clayton fan, he's started to get extra douchey lately.
    My god the ego's of these media types. He only talked 6 1/2 minutes, get the hell over it.

The day before they were bashing Sherm because he was "too boring", or "talking too much"
    Before that they were bashing him because he "talks too much"

The lady on NFL Network said it perfectly: "This guy can't win"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17 pm
  • Hmmmm....media member..I shall leave that one alone. I was listening to my local NWCN person too this morning and she did not know that the 50k fine was commuted after an appeal. I suppose they dont give them all the information to the local reporters. They mentioned the same story about Lynch not wanting to do an interview too. Maybe that is a good thing too?? Maybe that is part of his workup to the interview. Just an idea.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Clayton is due back on KIRO at 4:00 pacific and the guys on their now are joking that they should not only be sure to bring up Lynch but they should also find out how he's feeling about Harvin on Kickoffs. It could be an epic 15 minutes or so when he returns

LOL!

Anybody have a link to this station for podcast? Or who is it you are listening to?

It's Seattle's KIRO 710. Here's a link to their live broadcast....Clayton is due back at 4:00 Seattle time.

http://player.originpull.cdn.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM

The website for that station, where you can find all their podcasts is here:

http://mynorthwest.com/category/sports

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm
  • I don't need to hear this bubbleheaded idiot again. It is bad enough we have to face bubblehead Manning.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I don't need to hear this bubbleheaded idiot again. It is bad enough we have to face bubblehead Manning.

I believe the correct term is "Fetus head Manning"
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
    Hawk Strap wrote:John Clayton hasn't made love to a woman since Carter was President.
    I know this is sarcasm and Claton pissed me off with his whining too, but you may not be aware that Clayton's wife is in a wheelchair due to advanced Multiple Sclerosis. .. as such, I think the joke is kind of in poor taste.

I did not know that. Thanks.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:35 pm
  • This is where the NFL needs to reconsider fining athletes for NOT wanting to talk to the media. If Marshawn wasn't about to get fined, he wouldn't have even participated and no media member would have had to waste their time trying to get an interview.

It's not the players fault here.. he's just showing up because he has to otherwise he gets a ridiculous fine. The man doesn't want to talk.. why force that on him?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:This is where the NFL needs to reconsider fining athletes for NOT wanting to talk to the media. If Marshawn wasn't about to get fined, he wouldn't have even participated and no media member would have had to waste their time trying to get an interview.

It's not the players fault here.. he's just showing up because he has to otherwise he gets a ridiculous fine. The man doesn't want to talk.. why force that on him?

Because the NFL is full of idiots and the players union is their little bitch...tough to be the bitch of an idiot.
    plyka
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:43 pm
  • I bet it was him that squealed on Marshawn... regarding the $50,000 fine.

Listening to that podcast he talks about when he was President of the Pro Football Writers, and he had a 'problem' with the Denver Broncos and Alex Gibbs, how he didn't like his o-lineman talking to the meeting and getting their names in the paper, so Clayton squealed (we continued to put in complaints) to the NFL and they had a $25,000 fine ready to go in dealing with him.

Man, I really don't like John Clayton now, not coming off really likable here.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I bet it was him that squealed on Marshawn... regarding the $50,000 fine.

Listening to that podcast he talks about when he was President of the Pro Football Writers, and he had a 'problem' with the Denver Broncos and Alex Gibbs, how he didn't like his o-lineman talking to the meeting and getting their names in the paper, so Clayton squealed (we continued to put in complaints) to the NFL and they had a $25,000 fine ready to go in dealing with him.

Man, I really don't like John Clayton now, not coming off really likable here.

Nah. Clayton is local and knows the team's tendancies. He would have informed the league long before had he had a big issue with it. He's also friends with Goodell. Much more likely it had to due with Lynch not participating in a planned retrospective on the Beast Quake run leading up to the Saints playoff game.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm
  • Touchy bunch here. Year in year out Clayton has been a positive in the media for the hawks. Sure, he annoys me once in awhile, but who doesn't?
    AVL
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:53 pm
  • AVL wrote:Touchy bunch here. Year in year out Clayton has been a positive in the media for the hawks. Sure, he annoys me once in awhile, but who doesn't?
    sounds like Clayton is the touchy one
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 pm
  • I don't understand why all the media guys are so critical of Marshawn's media today. Every site I go to, people are talking about how much they loved what he did, and I'm not talking just Hawk fans. So why exactly is what he did so embarrassing?
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 pm
  • He may well have been expecting some sort of special treatment as he is from the area
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:I don't understand why all the media guys are so critical of Marshawn's media today. Every site I go to, people are talking about how much they loved what he did, and I'm not talking just Hawk fans. So why exactly is what he did so embarrassing?

The NFL network loved it. ESPN insiders showed it and loved it so the footage was made available to ESPN.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:I don't understand why all the media guys are so critical of Marshawn's media today. Every site I go to, people are talking about how much they loved what he did, and I'm not talking just Hawk fans. So why exactly is what he did so embarrassing?

The NFL network loved it. ESPN insiders showed it and loved it so the footage was made available to ESPN.

Exactly. The only people I see complaining are salty reporters who didn't get to ask their questions.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm
  • Listening to Clayton on 710 right now. He's really upset about this. I don't get it. Keeps talking about the "obligation". Pretty much whining about it. I'm embarrassed for Clayton right now.
    45Hawker
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm
  • Wow. this sorta shatters a lot of respect I had for clayton.

so far hes the first person ive heard making a mountain out of an entertaining media day mole hill.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:14 pm
  • 45Hawker wrote:Listening to Clayton on 710 right now. He's really upset about this. I don't get it. Keeps talking about the "obligation". Pretty much whining about it. I'm embarrassed for Clayton right now.

I don't agree with him, but I think I understand why he's upset. Clayton is an old-style reporter that depends on access that we don't have. He feels that once word gets around that the NFL won't punish Lynch (and they won't...the NFL has already made the pretty clear), that other players will also stiff arm the media and use social media.

In this I think he's got a point. I think the day of the sports reporter is rapidly going away.

Deal with it, Clayton. Your customers (the fans) don't mind what Lynch is doing. That should be your first clue (JC) that you aren't going to get much sympathy or traction here.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm
  • Clayton seems like he surprisingly has a big ego...more likely he gets his self worth from having NFL connections, and he is attempting to "flex some of that muscle." It's very childish.

But overall I can't complain about Clayton. Perhaps he is being a douche in this scenario, but it doesn't mean he is always a douche. Some perspective people should have taken with Sherman for his rant.
    plyka
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 pm
  • Point. I think Clayton got his ego bruised and lost his temper. Bottom line.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm
  • I would almost wager that Lynch gives a full interview on the day Clayton finds the rest of his chin. (Maybe he could borrow some from Cowher)
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm
  • plyka wrote:Clayton seems like he surprisingly has a big ego...more likely he gets his self worth from having NFL connections...

Clayton has made a name for himself by getting "inside" stories through his connections. He certainly wasn't going to report on anything that Marshawn said on media day in front of 100 reporters. So I think you are right - he's trying to flex a bit.
    45Hawker
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:33 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:Clayton embarrassed himself today. Media being upset that Lynch didn't give them enough "minutes" is pure ego. He gave the best interview all day. More than enough content for his actual fans. Guess the ESPN guys are just pissed that Prime/NFLN scooped them.

Yep, I think that's the key. I've heard nothing but love from everyone who's seen that interview--Deion, all the NFLN people, fans here & on reddit, and fans of all teams in the comments section of the ESPN.com article ("Lynch Snubs Media")--but the ESPN suits alone are coming down hard against Lynch. Sounds like a big case of sour grapes. Disney Sports got their feelings hurt that Beast Mode gave NFL Network a one-on-one but not them, so now they're trying to manufacture a story and an outrage where there clearly isn't one.
    Rufus
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 pm
  • Does anyone have the audio of what John said? I can't trust people around here to look and hear things objectively....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:35 pm
  • Marshawn gave pretty much the only interview that anyone cares about.
    Onyx
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:Does anyone have the audio of what John said? I can't trust people around here to look and hear things objectively....

It was posted earlier in the thread but here you go

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 1014&n=Bob

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm
  • The NFL hands these athletes to reporters on a silver platter. It's amazing the sense of entitlement they now have. Want a story? Build a relationship. Isn't that what the good reporters are supposed to do? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but the dude just put out a great article about Lynch because he built a relationship with him.

Want a quote? Put in the effort to get it.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:46 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Does anyone have the audio of what John said? I can't trust people around here to look and hear things objectively....

It was posted earlier in the thread but here you go

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 1014&n=Bob

:th2thumbs: thanks boss, sorry I missed that

Hes calling in to the Wyman Mike and Moore show (Groz Mike and Moore this week) during the 4 O'clock segment. Check that shows podcast section too in about a half hour.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:48 pm
  • Sir, you just called Marshawn - the reason we are about to kill Denver in the super bowl - an embarrassment to our franchise. This is the last step before you sell your soul. So long sellout. Newsflash, New York sucks and they don't care about you.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:02 pm
  • We are talking about a guy who is known not to like the media experience. There are plenty of guys willing to fill the headlines. If he doesn't want to talk, leave the guy alone.

I hate the media overall. They are there to simply get information that they can take out of context or exploit a verbal mistake into a story. RW is the QB, he has to play the cliche respect game. Lynch doesn't like that shit and I don't blame him. The guy did his 5 minutes, then gave Prime his feeling on the matter. That is enough for me. I don't know why JC would call it like that.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:03 pm
  • I usually like Clayton, but he sounds like he needs a Snickers. What a whiny little turd.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:The NFL hands these athletes to reporters on a silver platter. It's amazing the sense of entitlement they now have. Want a story? Build a relationship. Isn't that what the good reporters are supposed to do? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but the dude just put out a great article about Lynch because he built a relationship with him.

Michael Silver seems to have been doing that a lot lately. Kinda starting to like the guy
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm
  • I think everyone is making a much bigger deal of of this then there really is, Clayton and the media are pissed that Beast was supposed to be available for 45 minutes and he was only available for 6 and 1/2 minutes? Clayton brought up a good point, all you have to do is answer the question, it does not really matter what that answer is, just answer the question and be available like the rest of your team is for a whopping 45 minutes. Players have certain obligations. Brian Urlacher was fined 100k for wearing a vitaminwater hat.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm
  • Just looked at the CBA to see exactly what language is in there regarding player appearances, etc.

ARTICLE 51 MISCELLANEOUS

Section 3. Appearances: No Club may unreasonably require a player to appear on radio or television or other news media (including internet and print).

Section 4. Promotion: The NFLPA will use its best efforts to ensure that the players cooperate with the Clubs and the news media (including television, radio, internet, print) in reasonable promotional activities on behalf of the Clubs and the NFL.

That's it. It doesn't say they have to appear or speak for the duration of a press conference or media day. It simply says the NFLPA will do their best to make sure guys appear and cooperate. Now you can certainly make the argument that Marshawn hasn't put a lot of effort into it--including today. But the NFL has already said today that he met his obligation, so the media hacks can just get off their high horse now.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:21 pm
  • Boohoo Clayton :zzzzz:. A lot of hot air and nothing of substance. A few minutes of Marshawn has more depth and substance than 40 years of Clayton :zzzzz:.
    LeaveLynchAlone
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm
  • When Clayton had such a strong opinion about Percy returning kicks, you knew the little effer was getting a bit too big for his britches. This is just confirmation.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:30 pm
  • Loved his interview, strictly business.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm
  • i liked it. i thought it was amazing
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 pm
  • This is why everybody hates the media. sports "news", whatever.

Clayton demanding the $100,000 fine if not more. What a donkey.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:The NFL hands these athletes to reporters on a silver platter. It's amazing the sense of entitlement they now have. Want a story? Build a relationship. Isn't that what the good reporters are supposed to do? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but the dude just put out a great article about Lynch because he built a relationship with him.

Michael Silver seems to have been doing that a lot lately. Kinda starting to like the guy

Let's not forget now that Silver was the first to report that Browner popped for PED's erroneously. He's had fine articles, but it's gonna take awhile till his integrity is rebuilt.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:44 pm
  • What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

Lol at Clayton. Nobody gives a damn about your article or interview. We'll watch the game and none of this will make a difference.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

Lol at Clayton. Nobody gives a damn about your article or interview. We'll watch the game and none of this will make a difference.

thing is marshawn could've gone up and said nothing. Instead Clayton gets to use his soapbox to go on his rants and say stupid things making his job easier. he should be thanking ML.

Yet he still wants ML to be fined 100 grand or more.

don't be on the sidelines JC or ML may truck you on his way out of bounds.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm
  • As stated previously in this thread, I think it has more to do with the power struggle between networks. NFL network seems to be tipping the scale and enjoying more access. In Bruce Irvin's interview with Prime, they were both badmouthing ESPN and promoting NFL network. Perhaps it is an issue that is bigger than the average fan knows. With the renegotiation of TV rights and talk of Google getting into the bidding for streaming, I would think NFL network would try to advantage itself in any way possible. ESPN is currently a huge gateway for NFL media but if fans have the option of streaming MNF online, ESPN might be expendable. If I were Goddell, I'd be trying to take over as much influence/ad revenue from ESPN too.

... and here's Lynch as an easy target because the entire League and all the information is less bottle-necked than ever before. Beastmode should only grant interviews to people that can beat him arm wrestling. Air the challenges on RRR and don't grant access to ESPN.
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:What do hawks fans care about? Media championships or Superbowl championships? Lynch is fine, but Clayton does have a job and lynch makes it harder for him.

thing is marshawn could've gone up and said nothing. Instead Clayton gets to use his soapbox to go on his rants and say stupid things making his job easier. he should be thanking ML.

Yet he still wants ML to be fined 100 grand or more.

don't be on the sidelines JC or ML may truck you on his way out of bounds.
    most importantly though... We don't care about his interviews. We are in NY to win a game, and unfortunately, Mr. Mackey is not what stands between us and the prize.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information